ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

The Glue's Take: 04/21/2005

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2005, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default The Glue's Take: 04/21/2005

Sorry I didn't get this out yesterday, I'd like to start making it a Wednesday thing, but yesterday was chock full of other things I needed to do...things that didn't relate to "The Holiday" in case anyone is wondering.

Anyways, on to the NBA...nice of the Celtics bench to choke away a 20 some odd point lead to the Nets last night. Vince definitely elevated his game and with the impending return of Richard Jefferson, they might take 2 whole games from the Juggernautish Heat. But by then Shaq should be back in the starting lineup and fortunes are apt to change at that point.

As for the Celts, their bench players did almost beat arguably the hottest team in the NBA right now...they may do some damage yet.

LeBron is out, but he said he wants to come back and is ready to work with ownership to get the ship headed in the right direction. GM Bill Paxon was let go today, so hopefully that's a sign of better things to come...like maybe Phil Jackson or something.

Reggie Miller retires after this post season. He's a class act and even Knicks Fan has been giving it up for Reggie...that pretty much says all that needs to be said about that.

In Baseball news, Steinbrenner is pissed...yeah what the hell else is new? Well, since I asked, this year the Yanks have to pay over $30 Million in luxury tax...which is more than the Devil Rays' payroll. They Yanks' payroll with regard to the luxury tax (somehow it is slightly different than the actual payroll), is over $203 Million. Next highest are the Sox w/ $131 Million, a difference of over $70 million...okay, maybe I can see why Georgie Porgie Pudding Pie is as pissed as he is. The Yanks may yet return to their 1991 form, when tradition and Donny Baseball were the only reasons for fans to watch them.

In other news-- Jesus H. Damon shaved his beard. I see a Gillette ad in his future.

In the world of hockey...there's still nothing. Oh wait, there won't be any replacement players next year, so says Gery Bettman. That's code for "there won't be any NHL, either." Oh yeah, and Todd Bertuzzi applied for reinstatemet...hey Todd, let's see if there's a league for you to be reinstated to before you get yourself all worked up here. Don't attack guys who've already answered The Bell anymore.

Onto a sport that people care about...OMG!! THE NFL DFRAT SI TSHI WKEENED!! TEH OWNGAE!!! 1111H11@!! Okay so I got carried away, but just about every football junkie in the world is going to have their trusty bottle of Lubriderm at the ready for this weekend's televised coverage. I can't understand it...I'm as Glued to the screen as the next guy, but removed from the situation, why the hell is it that I like to watch a bunch of old men standing at a podium only to make an announcement once every 7-15 minutes and hold up a jersey for a photo op with the newest millionaire in the US?? Why, dammit, why??

That being said, the 49ers who seemed to be leaning for Aaron Rodgers of Cal now seem to be leaning toward Alex Smith of Utah...reason: because Smith is more signable. Hey 49ers Front Office Guy...you own the #1 pick in the draft. Whoever you go with will want some fat jack. You'd best be ready to pony up, no matter who you pick. Oh BTW, Smith went on record today saying that he'd want a better deal than Eli got last year. If what the 49ers are mainly worried about with their first pick is cap space...then they should just pick Clarett, give him a $100K bonus and tell him he should feel lucky that they're so cheap.

There are a bunch of draft honks running around saying that the Dolphins may not even pick a RB with the first pick. Yeah, and my name is John F. Kennedy. If Ronnie Brown isn't wearing Dolphins Teal this fall...well, if he isn't then the Dolphins have an idiot making their decisions for them.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Nice. If you don't mind my asking, how do you feel about Sheffield?
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I like the Yankee$ at the moment. But sadly, all the money will propel them another Division title at the very least.

And It sucks that RJ MacReady shaved his beard. It was a good look for him.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaux
Nice. If you don't mind my asking, how do you feel about Sheffield?
Sheffield is one of those 'complex' guys. In other words he's an asshole who is capable of making the right decisions in spots.

It seems he's matured to the point where he's not a cancer in the clubhouse, he's got crazy game, and if I thought I'd just been slugged by a Fan while trying to field a ball, I probably wouldn't have thought of the consequences in the manner that he said he did.

It was a surprise to say the least, Sheff was for a while the Ron Artest of MLB...not that he was looking to get a piece of someone in the stands, but that he was a hothead at best and a timebomb at worst. What can I say, people mature.

I think that fan crying about getting his tickets ripped and being banned is as ridiculous as it gets. He's lucky as hell that Sheff didn't tear him limb from limb.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 08:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I have a feeling that Saban is going to pick a reach. He's Butch Davis's younger brother.