ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Lance Freaking Armstrong...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2005, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Lance Freaking Armstrong...

Armstrong to ride into retirement after Tour de France

By CHARLES ODUM, Associated Press Writer
April 19, 2005

AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) -- While watching a cycling race on TV recently, Lance Armstrong hardly acted like someone who was considering retirement.

``I couldn't sit down the entire race,'' said Armstrong, who then faced a tough question from girlfriend and rock star Sheryl Crow.

``She said `Look at you. You can't even sit down. How are you going to retire?''' Armstrong said. ``It's a great question.''

Armstrong will soon find out the answer. At a news conference Monday, he said he is retiring after this Tour de France, a three-week race ending July 24.

``I have to tell you I am 100 percent committed and the decision is final,'' he said.

The cycling great will end a career in which he inspired millions by overcoming testicular cancer to win his sport's signature event a record six straight times. He said his will to win a seventh straight Tour de France is boosted ``by that dream to go out on top. That's a big deal to me.''

``It will be the last one, win or lose,'' the 33-year-old Texan said. ``While it is an older man's race, it's not an old man's race.''

Armstrong said having to spend a month away from his three children recently helped seal the decision.

``That was much more difficult than it had been before,'' he said. ``They are at a stage now where they change daily, if not hourly. ... It's time for me to not miss key moments in their lives.''

Still, come next year, Armstrong knows he'll probably want to climb back onto the bike.

``I'll definitely have the itch now and again,'' he said.

Speculation regarding Armstrong's future had grown in recent months, fueled by his comments about his children and his desire to increase efforts in raising awareness and funds for fighting cancer.

``Ultimately, athletes have to retire ... the body doesn't just keep going and going,'' Armstrong said.

Armstrong said having to answer persistent accusations that he has used performance-enhancing drugs had nothing to do with his decision. Armstrong has sued a former personal assistant, Mike Anderson, who said he found a banned substance in the rider's apartment last year.

Monday's announcement came on the eve of Armstrong's defense of his Tour of Georgia title. The six-day, 648-mile event he uses as a tuneup for the Tour de France begins Tuesday in Augusta.

Armstrong said the Georgia race could be his last professional one in America, though he left open the possibility of racing in May at another practice event before the Tour de France.

``If there's a good local race, I'm more than happy to jump in,'' he said.

Stan Holm, executive director of the Tour of Georgia, called Armstrong ``a true hero and inspiration to people all over the world.''

Armstrong was attracted to the Tour of Georgia's support for the Georgia Cancer Coalition, the official beneficiary of the race. Tour of Georgia officials have received more than 500 media credential applications this year, almost twice last year's total.

Armstrong said he decided to make the announcement now, instead of closer to July, so he could ``be up front and honest with the media, the people, the fans, not just here in America and in Europe.''

Armstrong's announcement came the same day former teammate Tyler Hamilton was suspended from cycling for two years for a blood-doping violation. The Olympic gold medalist forfeits all competitive results since Sept. 11, 2004, the day of the positive test at the Spanish Vuelta.

``In my heart, I find it very hard to believe that he did that,'' Armstrong said Tuesday on NBC's ``Today'' show.

Armstrong's new two-year contract with Discovery Channel team requires that he race just one more Tour de France. He says he will continue to work as an ``adviser and an ambassador'' for the team.

``I think we can move forward,'' he said. ``I think we can develop a winner and I'll just be asking to come along and ride in the car at the Tour de France.''

And, he added, ``I might not be able to sit down.''
================================================== ========

Lance has earned retirement. With so much corruption throughout sports, this guy is great. They've tried to pin steroids on him, but he's the most frequently tested athlete on the planet and he's never once tested positive. He's ripped off an unthinkable six straight Tour De Frances and he's retiring after this, which if he wins will be his 7th.

Cancer survivor, world class athlete, one hell of a guy...best wishes in all he does from me to Lance Freaking Armstrong.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

He is by far one of the best in the world. He has accomplished something that looked impossible, like you said he's been pinned as a steroid user but this has been mainly done by the french media.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Yeah, he's earned retirement. Best of luck to Armstrong.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I hope he wins the Tour. Then he will go out on top. That's always the best way in my book.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Hypno toad
He is by far one of the best in the world. He has accomplished something that looked impossible, like you said he's been pinned as a steroid user but this has been mainly done by the french media.
You are right about that. The French are so pissed off that an American, with 1 freaking ball no less, kicks ass all over their country every year. I love it.

The only thing I have against him is his girlfriend, the horrid sherryl crow. God forbid he looses his other nut he might be able to listen to her music.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Hey...Sheryl Crow has a great...mouth. Ehh, that's about it...you're right, I hate the bitch too.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Meh She's only good for one or two rounds.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Yeah...watching her videos makes me think she's probably just an uber bitch...but I'd still write my name on her face...at least once.

You got the banner's eyes to work!!

Late.

Old 19 Apr 2005, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Thank Sly for the magic and Monica for the actual banner.