ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

'Monday Night Football' moving to ESPN in '06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Apr 2005, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default 'Monday Night Football' moving to ESPN in '06

'Monday Night Football' moving to ESPN in '06

April 18, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- The NFL's "Monday Night Football," a staple on ABC for the past 35 seasons, will move to ESPN starting with the 2006 season.

And NBC is returning to the NFL after six years away by taking the Sunday night broadcast previously on ESPN.

The Monday night move from network TV to basic cable, hinted at continually by commissioner Paul Tagliabue, was confirmed Monday by two sources familiar with the deals who spoke to the Associated Press under condition of anonymity. The sources said the league is expected to get $1.1 billion over eight years from the network.

NBC will get the Sunday night package for $600 million over six years, according to the sources. The network will also get the Super Bowl in 2009 and 2012 as part of the deal, one of the sources said.

The moves leave ABC -- which originated Monday Night Football in 1970 -- as the only major network without NFL football.

ABC and ESPN are both subsidiaries of the Walt Disney Co. The deal with ESPN, which currently carries games every Sunday night and sometimes on Thursday, was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

Last month, Tagliabue said during the NFL meetings in Hawaii that the Monday night move was a strong possibility. ABC, which has been losing money on the package despite high ratings, had been balking at the NFL's asking price.

CBS and Fox already have agreed to pay a total of $8 billion over six years for the Sunday AFC and NFC rights.

That has become more pressing since parity caused by the salary cap has resulted in teams moving up and down the standings annually, leaving bad teams that were strong the previous season in prime time and good teams that were bad the past season off of it.

The NFL is still considering separate packages for Thursday and late-season Saturday nights.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
================================================== =======
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8397470

looks like NBC is back in the game, but why move the MNF game to cable when you can reach more audiances through ABC?
Old 18 Apr 2005, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I hated NBC's coverage of the NFL..I don't know...It always seemed..Second Rate to me.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I was a bit too young to remember it
Old 18 Apr 2005, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

They'll prolly give us more sitcoms...... ... I must go die now.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Crap. NBC sucked. If their coverage is a clone of their AFL coverage, we're all in trouble.

At least its still on Fox. Joe Buck is cool .
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2005, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Dean
looks like NBC is back in the game, but why move the MNF game to cable when you can reach more audiances through ABC?
I don't think thats a big deal. If your a big football fan then you would have ESPN. So I don't think they will lose any real fans.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
<In Between Dreams>

Jack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'm watching it anyway. The game's not worst because it's covered by NBC.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

It sounds like a good plan. It shocked me. I just wish they would have kept ABC and dumped Fox.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2005, 06:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

That sucks....I blame this on the PTC bitchin at The FCC about that Deseparate Housewives skit!!!
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2005, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^ I agree, Bubba. The only good thing Fox ever had was Madden and Summerall and they lost both of them at the same time.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 10:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I find Fox's coverage to be somewhat lackluster, and that's crazy given that they've got one of the best trash talkers of all time in Shannon Sharpe on their team. ABC was okay for MNF...they'd just better keep Madden and Michaels.

If ESPN really wanted to add some comedic spice like ABC tried to do w/ Dennis Miller, then they should slap Jay Mohr up in the booth with those two. Mohr is a football junkie and he's funny as hell about it...anyone who has heard his act on the Jim Rome Show should be able to attest to that.

MNF moving from ABC to ESPN is just like...moving a box of cigarettes from my left pants pocket to my right...it's nothing big. However like Dean, I question why this was done. Of course most people have ESPN, but what do they have to gain by moving it off network TV and onto cable?? I just don't understand how that will mean more money...

Also...I couldn't stand Pat Summerall. That guy sounded drunker than most fans when he was next to Madden. When I hear more buzz in the old man calling the game than I've got...it's time for a new play by play guy...just my opinion.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

What about the people with no cable. A lot of Fans don't have cable because they just watch on Monday. This is sad.
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 10:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Dennis Miller was fucking aweful. I don't wanna hear a human thesaurus spouting bad jokes during kickoff
Old 19 Apr 2005, 10:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I remember him calling his first Hall Of Fame Game from Canton...he was like:

"Guys...it's great to be here in the Tigris and the Euphrates of Professional Football..."

It's like...uhhh, bro...maybe one out of 100 people watching knows that you're referring to the Fertile Crescent, but it was also a bad reference/analogy. The Fertile Crescent was also called the "Cradle of Civilization" because some scholars believe that's where "Civilized Man" came from...

I'm not sure of it's point of origin, but I'm almost positive that Football wasn't created in Canton, Ohio...I mean, as priceless as it was to see Miller outsmart himself on national television, it was just as lame.

Jay Mohr would be great. Not only is he funny, but he speaks the American dialect very well...the same dialect that everyone speaks, not just the Pretentious Overeducated Liberal version of the American Dialect.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I remember him calling his first Hall Of Fame Game from Canton...he was like:

"Guys...it's great to be here in the Tigris and the Euphrates of Professional Football..."

It's like...uhhh, bro...maybe one out of 100 people watching knows that you're referring to the Fertile Crescent, but it was also a bad reference/analogy. The Fertile Crescent was also called the "Cradle of Civilization" because some scholars believe that's where "Civilized Man" came from...

I'm not sure of it's point of origin, but I'm almost positive that Football wasn't created in Canton, Ohio...I mean, as priceless as it was to see Miller outsmart himself on national television, it was just as lame.

Jay Mohr would be great. Not only is he funny, but he speaks the American dialect very well...the same dialect that everyone speaks, not just the Pretentious Overeducated Liberal version of the American Dialect.

Late.
I don't want to get off on a rant here, but.....Miller was great, he may love football but he fit in there about as well Dame Edna at a bachelor party. The guy had as much place in the booth as Howard Dean at a Republican Fund Raiser. I might have liked him, but putting him in as an announcer makes as much sense as one of one of Dubya's speeches. His "routine" on the show came off about as spontaneous as a Jesse Helms bowel movement. It was about as sad as one of Bob Vila's neighbor's trying to sleep in.

I'm going to stop there....

I think I beat that horse to death.

But thats just my opinion...I could be wrong.
CK is offline   Reply With Quote