ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

So...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2005, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default So...

the NBA playoffs'll be in here in about a week. Who do you guys think will be the most surprising team?

If someone goes against the Boston Celtics, their bracket is gonna get fucked the hell up. Earlier today, they were positioned to face Washington in the first round. That would be a very even matchup, and it would probably go seven games. But today Washington beat the Cavaliers, so now they move up in the rankings. And if the playoffs would start today, Boston would face Indiana.

And I really hope everything works out so that it stays this way. If Ron "The Test" Artest was still in Indiana's lineup, this may be pretty tough. Unfortunatley for the Pacers, he's on deathrow right now for murdering 90% of the Pistons fans in Detroit. 1st degree murder too. Ron Artest is the man. Now back to business...

Pacers had the best record last year, they're not even gonna make it past the first round this year if they face the Celtics. Kinda sucks for Reggie Miller. If Tayshaun Prince hadn't of blocked that shot last year, Reggie probably woulda won his first championship. But Reggie took that layup, Reggie had it blocked, and Reggie will finish his hall of fame career without a ring.

Right now, the Celtics are the Atlantic Champions. And that means right now, they are ranked third. But for some retarded reason, home court advantage is not guaranteed. If the 6th team has a better record, they will get home court advantage. Seriously, fuck that shit. Why bother ranking them third if your not gonna give them home court advantage? We won our conference, let us play in the capitol of the world, Boston.

Boston will probably win in the first round, but can they make it past the Semis and Conference Finals? Chicago, Detroit, Miami. If Boston makes it to the Finals, they'll probably have to beat two of those three teams. We could beat Chicago in 6 or 7 games. We could definitley beat Miami in 4, 5, or 6 games. We beat those fuckers today.

Detroit's the main threat. Defending champions and best defensive team in the East. Miami will have a better record going into the playoffs, but Detroit will definitley have more momentum. Miami is on a 4 game losing streak right now, Detroit has won 9 straight.

2005 Eastern Conference Finals: Detroit vs. Boston. Hard for me to pick the Celtics, but there is such things as upsets. I think we all remember that Bird steal vs. Detroit in the conference finals during the '80s. That steal and assist to Derrick Johnson helped the Celtics come back from down 3-1 in the series. We've surprised Detroit in the past, and we'll do it again.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2005, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

My Opinon..Fuck The Division Standings..Guarentee A Divsion champion A Spot no less then 5th..But If their are one or two teams with better records...They deserve the spot over them..Not A team with a better records fault that The Celtics Play in a Division the Lakers Could Of won this season..

Mavs Are going to make some serious noise.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over 500
the NBA playoffs'll be in here in about a week. Who do you guys think will be the most surprising team?

If someone goes against the Boston Celtics, their bracket is gonna get fucked the hell up. Earlier today, they were positioned to face Washington in the first round. That would be a very even matchup, and it would probably go seven games. But today Washington beat the Cavaliers, so now they move up in the rankings. And if the playoffs would start today, Boston would face Indiana.

And I really hope everything works out so that it stays this way. If Ron "The Test" Artest was still in Indiana's lineup, this may be pretty tough. Unfortunatley for the Pacers, he's on deathrow right now for murdering 90% of the Pistons fans in Detroit. 1st degree murder too. Ron Artest is the man. Now back to business...

Pacers had the best record last year, they're not even gonna make it past the first round this year if they face the Celtics. Kinda sucks for Reggie Miller. If Tayshaun Prince hadn't of blocked that shot last year, Reggie probably woulda won his first championship. But Reggie took that layup, Reggie had it blocked, and Reggie will finish his hall of fame career without a ring.

Right now, the Celtics are the Atlantic Champions. And that means right now, they are ranked third. But for some retarded reason, home court advantage is not guaranteed. If the 6th team has a better record, they will get home court advantage. Seriously, fuck that shit. Why bother ranking them third if your not gonna give them home court advantage? We won our conference, let us play in the capitol of the world, Boston.

Boston will probably win in the first round, but can they make it past the Semis and Conference Finals? Chicago, Detroit, Miami. If Boston makes it to the Finals, they'll probably have to beat two of those three teams. We could beat Chicago in 6 or 7 games. We could definitley beat Miami in 4, 5, or 6 games. We beat those fuckers today.

Detroit's the main threat. Defending champions and best defensive team in the East. Miami will have a better record going into the playoffs, but Detroit will definitley have more momentum. Miami is on a 4 game losing streak right now, Detroit has won 9 straight.

2005 Eastern Conference Finals: Detroit vs. Boston. Hard for me to pick the Celtics, but there is such things as upsets. I think we all remember that Bird steal vs. Detroit in the conference finals during the '80s. That steal and assist to Derrick Johnson helped the Celtics come back from down 3-1 in the series. We've surprised Detroit in the past, and we'll do it again.
You do have to realize that Boston had a hell of a better team when that steal happened. Also I'm sick of hearing about that.

Although I think the Celtics are going to be a big threat in the playoffs, I don't think they will make it to the ECF. They are good, but not that good.

Of course I'm going to say I think the Pistons and the Heat. The heat have a great record, but remeber what the Pistons did to Shaq and his team last year, a much better team.

I'm going to have to say my biggest suprise will be ether...

A) Indiana Pacers
B) Washington Wizards

I also think the Baby Bulls will turn some heads with their play without Curry.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

^ Yeah, man. As you can tell from my earlier post, I 100% agree about Detroit being a better team than Miami. Hell, with Phoenix having no defense and San Antonio having no Duncan, you could even say that Detroit is the best team in the league.

Also, Denver will be very surprising. They started off slow, but they've only lost once or twice since the All Star break.

- Jadakiss
Old 16 Apr 2005, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
^ Yeah, man. As you can tell from my earlier post, I 100% agree about Detroit being a better team than Miami. Hell, with Phoenix having no defense and San Antonio having no Duncan, you could even say that Detroit is the best team in the league.

Also, Denver will be very surprising. They started off slow, but they've only lost once or twice since the All Star break.
Denver wont really be a suprise. When your playing this good going into the playoffs, it's not a suprise when you do good in the playoffs.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Trust me, they'll be a surprise to people who make predictions based on overall records and seedings.

- Jadakiss
Old 18 Apr 2005, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I see the ECF coming down to the Heat and the Bulls...the Bulls can just run, it's scary to watch them almost. And the Heat, well I don't really know where the love for the Heat ran off to, but Shaq's probably going to win the MVP (Nash should be pissed), Flash Wade is just playing out of his skull and I don't think they'll be taken down.

Boston will never go far so long as they have Ricky Davis. I was ecstatic when the Cavs dumped him on the Celts...it didn't even matter that there were other players involved. The Cavs got rid of Davis and were automatically a better team. Davis can put up some numbers, but he's a fucking cancer. Paul Pierce has all the heart in the world and 'Toine is happy to be back but Ricky Davis is a bitch's bitch and like a cynder block chained around someone's neck, all he does is drag a team down.

Then there's the Cavs who could win their last 2 games and still miss the playoffs...and why not, they've played like shit since the All Star Break. There's all this talk about LeBron wanting out, it'd kill me but can you freaking blame him?? It's tough goddamn work being a Cleveland Fan.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2005, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
<In Between Dreams>

Jack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster everJack Johnson is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'm not a big basketball fan...Plus, my hometown team is just suckin' some asses since Carter is gone...

I just can't wait for hockey to come back...However, since my Blue Jays are having a good start, this season, i may be interested!

But i don't even know who is who in basketball...
Old 19 Apr 2005, 05:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glue
I see the ECF coming down to the Heat and the Bulls...the Bulls can just run, it's scary to watch them almost. And the Heat, well I don't really know where the love for the Heat ran off to, but Shaq's probably going to win the MVP (Nash should be pissed), Flash Wade is just playing out of his skull and I don't think they'll be taken down.
I actually think Wade is Miami MVP. I mean, all Shaq leads Miami in is blocks and rebounds. If the NBA thinks blocks and rebounds are so important, why didn't they give Ben Wallace the playoff MVP last year? If the leading rebounder is more important than the leading scorer, then Dennis Rodman deserves two Playoff MVP trophies from the late 80s Pistons, and 3 more from the late 90s Bulls.

The only reason analysts say Shaq is MVP is because the Heat became a championship contender after he came. But god damn, they weren't even a bad team last year. They were ranked 4th in the east in 03-04.

I honestly don't know why Shaq is being considered an MVP candidate and not Wade. I'd be thrilled if someone could come in here and tell me why.

- Jadakiss
Old 19 Apr 2005, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Aww. Come on. Do any of you think for a second that if Miami didn't have Shaq they'd be 1/2 as good as they are. It's called "Most Valuable Player" not player with best stats. And without Shaq, Wade would be constantly double teamed. Shaq is the MVP this year, I don't like it, but I sure respect the choice.

BTW, 4 in the east translates to like 10th in the West last year. With Shaq, the Heat have a chance to win it all, they wouldn't if he wasn't there.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 08:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
I honestly don't know why Shaq is being considered an MVP candidate and not Wade. I'd be thrilled if someone could come in here and tell me why.
Last year, with Flash and without Shaq, Miami was 42-40, didn't make an impact in the playoffs, and Flash scored 16.8 Points per game. This year, with Shaq, the Heat are a remarkable 57-23 w/ 2 games left and Dwayne Wade is up to 24.2 PPG...Shaq's presence alone gets Flash the extra room he needs to go off, but let's also look at the team that Shaq left...

Last year, the LA Lakers were 56-26 and Kobe Bryant averaged 30.0 PPG. This year, in Shaq's absence, the Lakers are 34-47 and Kobe is averaging 24.0 PPG; Shaq's presence alone got him the extra room, too...

And of course despite the fact that everyone with an audience is saying that this isn't "the same" Shaq, he's still in fact the most dominant player in the game. You can't stop him in the paint without fouling, he can get the ball out of the post, and he can check just about everyone.

Of course that isn't to say that Wade shouldn't be getting MVP run, but that is why Shaq is...besides, if David and Goliath played for the same team, who would you notice first??

Steve Nash, IMO is the MVP though. That guy is just balling out of his mind and The Suns are looking primed to come out of the west.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

^ Good points. Wade went from 17 to 24 ppg in one season, Shaq probably did have something to do with that.

As for Nash, he'd be a great MVP winner. I'd agree with that 100%. Nash's great point guard skills and his 11 apg have turned the Suns around so much it's scary. Phoenix didn't even win 30 games last year. This year, they have the best record in the league with an incredible 62 wins, and they still have one more game to play. Talk about making a difference.

- Jadakiss