ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Official: whole season lost.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2005, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

John Cena Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default Official: whole season lost.

The last game of NHL's regular season was on April...April...I don't remember when, but i think it's in the past, now. Anyway, for the first time since WWII, nobody will have the pleasure to get through summer, drinking champaign with the Stanley Cup.

My question is: a whole season without hockey has been painful to you or you simply didn't even notice until now? Personally, i'm more in the second group, even if i'm a TRUE Montreal Canadiens fan.

You're toughts...
Old 09 Apr 2005, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I still am angry and hurt, but the NBA, NFL, baseball and college sports have helped me cope and get through.
Old 09 Apr 2005, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Eh, Never cared for hockey, but i do hope it comes ack so people will stop bitching about it.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2005, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Like Norm, other sports have kept me interested. But god damn, yesterday I realized that the NHL playoffs would be starting soon, and for the first time since the lockout I really missed hockey. It may have been run by a bunch of greedy morons, but let me tell you... the NHL Playoffs used to be the shit. Most games are 1 point games, most series go to game 7, unlimited overtime. Fuck.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2005, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I wouldn't call it painnful, but something's been missing.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2005, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I could care less. The only time I actually cared was like a couple months ago during the final hours of the last big neogations. That seemed like the only time during the lockout when it felt like there was a chance a deal would be made. I was only bitter for like a day after that anyways. Bascially every hockey fan knew this was going to happen anyways so its not like it's a big shock. This just feels like one big offseason.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Ehh, I feel like it's just desserts. I've said it before but when Chris freaking Gratton got a $30 Million contract from Philly, you had to know that something like a cap would be needed to maintain. Then the players saw no need for a cap, and the owners kept throwing money at people, so I kinda saw this coming some time ago...

Yeah I've missed the NHL, but I haven't missed hockey. The Rochester Americans are the best hockey team in North America, my oldest son loves going to the games with me, the playoffs are beginning and I can take my whole family, get plenty of concessions and not pay $500.

Actually come to think of it, I haven't really been missing the NHL...I've been focusing in more on LeBron and the Cavs and their woes...and checking the NFL for whatever movement or rumors come up.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2005, 10:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Ehh, I feel like it's just desserts. I've said it before but when Chris freaking Gratton got a $30 Million contract from Philly, you had to know that something like a cap would be needed to maintain. Then the players saw no need for a cap, and the owners kept throwing money at people, so I kinda saw this coming some time ago...

Yeah I've missed the NHL, but I haven't missed hockey. The Rochester Americans are the best hockey team in North America, my oldest son loves going to the games with me, the playoffs are beginning and I can take my whole family, get plenty of concessions and not pay $500.

Actually come to think of it, I haven't really been missing the NHL...I've been focusing in more on LeBron and the Cavs and their woes...and checking the NFL for whatever movement or rumors come up.

Late.
How far are you from Buffalo?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
How far are you from Buffalo?
Just about 60 miles to the east. It's about an hour at 75 mph on the New York State Thruway. Nobody here has even mentioned the Sabres at all, but the Americans have played at Buffalo's HSBC Arena a couple of times this past year and as I understand it they sold out...over 14,000 seats. So somebody's missing hockey in the B-Lo...they just aren't talking about it.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Well there is the NFL....... Go Cowboys........

Ok seriously is it just me or this has been a rough year to be a sports fan.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2005, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

^^It's not just you. All around this has been a rough year.

Late.

Old 11 Apr 2005, 02:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Yeah. The steroid scandal, the NBA ruckus, NHL season gone, an AFL player dead because of an injury.

Tough year indeed.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2005, 05:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Just about 60 miles to the east. It's about an hour at 75 mph on the New York State Thruway. Nobody here has even mentioned the Sabres at all, but the Americans have played at Buffalo's HSBC Arena a couple of times this past year and as I understand it they sold out...over 14,000 seats. So somebody's missing hockey in the B-Lo...they just aren't talking about it.

Late.
People caring about hockey in Buffalo? lol common....

I'v only been to a Sabres game once to see the Stars and all the cars you see parked around the area have Ontario plates. I bought my tickets like 5 days before the game and I was 4 rows behind the Stars bench too. Those tickets were pretty expensive, but you can get some really cheap seats at HSBC from what i'm told. And it doesn't seem you live too far from there. I live around an hour and a half/ two hours from HSBC. I don't mind driving that far to see a game.

I really hate Buffalo fans though. They still cry about "The Goal" when the Stars beat them in the Cup final. Even if they disallowed the goal the Stars probably would of beat them in the same game anyways. And even if they didn't do you actually think THAT Sabres team could come back to Dallas for a game 7 and beat them? Nah...I don't think so.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

That whole "no goal" thing was retarded, IMO. It's like, the game is over, you lost...just accept it!! But Buffalo Fan isn't happy unless they lose championships, because then they came as close as they can to winning it all but still have plenty to bitch about. If Red Sox fans are as myopic as it gets, Buffalo Fan is as pessimistic as it gets and they're mostly just bandwagons anyway.

I remember when I was a kid and the Bills as a franchise were an absolute joke. The only footage to be found from their park had all of about 5,000 people in attendance in a game, and most of those had paper bags over their heads.

Then once the Bills started winning, the Bills are everywhere. Everyone is wearing their gear, they have commercials on TV and radio and every single fucker you talked to has "been a die hard Bills Fan since 1965!" Yeah bull-fucking-shit. In the midst of a 3-13 season back when Bud Carson coached the Browns, the stadium was still sold the fuck out, half the people there had team jerseys on, everyone was drunk out of their minds and you'd have thought the Brownies were going to the Super Bowl.

Fucking Buffalo Fan doesn't even know the meaning of the words 'die hard fan.' If you mean fans who whine and cry and never bother to show up for games unless it looks like they might go all the way, then yeah I guess Buffalo Fan is in fact die hard. But if when you say 'die hard fans,' you mean a fan base that lives and dies with its team and is there to support them through thick and thin...then Buffalo sure as shit isn't the place to look.

Late.

Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^
Perhaps this would be a bad time to bring up Perisian, the official bags of New Orleans Saints fans.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote