ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Rick Pitino

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Apr 2005, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Rick Pitino

He has now led 3 teams (Providence, Kentucky, Louisville) to the Final 4. Do you now think its time that he should be considered a coaching legend?

Also, who do you think is the greatest college basketball coach ever?
Old 01 Apr 2005, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Although Pitino is high on my list of best NCAA coaches ever, he's not #1. Here are my top three......

1. Coach K
2. Pitino
3. Izzo...(if he can get to the finals again this year)
Old 01 Apr 2005, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Best college B-Ball coach ever?? Easy...Dean Smith.

BTW, I will seriously consider banning anyone who puts down Pat Summit without a strong argument...j/k

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2005, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Best college B-Ball coach ever?? Easy...Dean Smith.

BTW, I will seriously consider banning anyone who puts down Pat Summit without a strong argument...j/k

Late.
Bah, forgot Deam Smith.

1. Dean Smith
2. Coach K
3. Pitino
4. Izzo
Old 01 Apr 2005, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

5 greatest IMO
1. John Wooden
2. Dean Smith
3. Adolph Rupp
4. Phog Allen
5. Mike Kryzweski
Old 01 Apr 2005, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Jim Boeheim's the best coach ever. Yeah, he didn't take 3 teams to the Final Four. That's because he's the loyalest coach in sports, and next year will be his 30th year at Syracuse. And I believe he's lead the Orangeman to the Final Four more than 3 times.

Defense is what wins games, and let me tell you, Jim Boeheim has mastered zone defense like no other coach in NCAA History. Every single team he's had could pull out some perfect zone defense at the snap of a finger. One of the main reasons why he has over 700 wins.

Also, he should be a 2 time world champion. Anyone who watched the 1987 finals knows what I'm talking about. Fuck the guy who was controlling the clock that day.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2005, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Arnaz
5 greatest IMO
1. John Wooden
2. Dean Smith
3. Adolph Rupp
4. Phog Allen
5. Mike Kryzweski
This is my list as well. Wooden was the best ever. And anyone who disagrees has some history lessons that need to be taken.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2005, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over 500
Jim Boeheim's the best coach ever. Yeah, he didn't take 3 teams to the Final Four. That's because he's the loyalest coach in sports, and next year will be his 30th year at Syracuse. And I believe he's lead the Orangeman to the Final Four more than 3 times.

Defense is what wins games, and let me tell you, Jim Boeheim has mastered zone defense like no other coach in NCAA History. Every single team he's had could pull out some perfect zone defense at the snap of a finger. One of the main reasons why he has over 700 wins.

Also, he should be a 2 time world champion. Anyone who watched the 1987 finals knows what I'm talking about. Fuck the guy who was controlling the clock that day.
What happened with the clock?
Old 02 Apr 2005, 01:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

You had to ask, Norm. Well, fine... I'll tell the story.

Syracuse Orangeman/Indiana Hoosiers. 1987 National Championship. Syracuse had Derrick Coleman as their star, and Indiana had Steve Alford. The game was a freaking awesome game, both teams were hitting on all cylindors. Syracuse was about to win the first half 33-31, but Steve Alford made a clutch 3 to give his team a 1 point lead at the half. Steve Alford made 7 three pointers in this game, 21 of his 23 points came from threes.

So Indiana is up 34-33 at the half, and it's anyone's game. We play a marvelous 2nd half, and towards the end it looks like Syracuse has the advantage. But they begin missing free throws, and Indiana makes a last minute comeback. Syracuse is up 73-72, and are at the free throw line with 30 seconds to go. They miss, and the ball goes back to Indiana for the chance to win it. Now this is where it gets historical.

Indiana passes the ball around, and no one seems to want to take the shot. Steve Alford can't get open, and it looks like they're gonna have to settle for a bad shot. The ball gets passed to Keith Smart, and all of a sudden he hits a clutch jump shot just inside the 3 point line, and Indiana is up 74-73 with 5 seconds left.

So yeah, Syracuse has 5 seconds to get the game winning shot, right? No! Because after Keith Smart made that shot, the clock was at 5 seconds, but the timekeeper never stopped the clock after Jim Boeheim immediatley called the time out! He lets the whole 5 seconds nearly wind down, and stops the clock with freaking 1 second left. Try and tell me that asshole wasn't a fucking Indiana fan.

Putting time back on the clock wasn't practiced back then, I guess, so the moronic time keeper's mistake stands. And Syracuse has 1 second to get all the way down the court, when they should've had 5 seconds. They try a last ditch full court throw, but with 1 seconds left... no way. Indiana wins a very controversial 1987 NCAA Championship. After the game, Jim Boeheim calls it a close call and accepts the loss, but anyone with a brain knows who shoulda won that game.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2005, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner.

Was his Timeout call seen by refs? If so, the Cuse got jobbed that game.