ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Yankees Upset with N.Y. Times....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2005, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Exclamation Yankees Upset with N.Y. Times....

N.Y. Times in middle of Sox-Yankees feud
Story Tools: Print Email
FOXSports.com
Posted: 37 minutes ago

The New York Times accused the New York Yankees for "acting like a superstar free agent" in their request for a new stadium, and the Bronx Bombers have responded saying the distinguished newspaper is simply worried about the potential effect on the Boston Red Sox, according to The New York Post.

The Times launched the first salvo in a Sunday editorial, saying the Yankees' request to build an $800 million replica of Yankee Stadium was "asking for the moon."

But as The Post points out, that article never mentions that the New York Times Co. is a part-owner of the Red Sox, the defending World Series champs.

A Yankee insider snickered, "The Gray Lady's Red Sox are showing."

What's more, the Yankees feel the Times has substantial interest in stopping George Steinbrenner and others from building a new, state-of-the-art facility.

"The better the Yankees do financially, the more money they'll have to pay the best players, and the more the Yankees will beat the Red Sox," the insider explained.

The new stadium reportedly would include plenty of new corporate boxes, which will generate even more revenue for team whose payroll currently exceeds $180 million.

But the Post says the Yankees are asking the city/state to spend $300 million on a new train station, an improved ferry terminal, and a parking garage.

Yankees president Randy Levine has challenged the facts of the editorial, and he also blasted the Times' hypocrisy for criticizing the Yankees' requests for infrastructure improvements without acknowledging the government subsidies The Times will enjoy at its new headquarters which are being built.

"Isn't it amazing that the Times never mentions the tax enhancements it receives for its projects, including the new Times building, when they pass judgment on other transactions?" Levine asked.

With the first pitch between the Yankees and Red Sox looming Sunday night, this much is clear: the rivalry never rests!

Play ball!

Aww poor Yankee cry babies don't like it when the spolight isn't on them anymore...Too fuckin bad!!!
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2005, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

As an ardent Indians fan, I should say that the Yankees are pretty much the face of the league right now, regardless of what Boston won last year. They're the most successful team in the history of North American sports...why shouldn't they ask for these things?? If you don't ask...you don't get.

Of course the NY Times is a rag filled with liars, plagarists and propagandists, so I'm guessing Steinbrenner could give a fuck. He'll get what he wants...Red Sox Fan will cry about it...and the rest of the world will wish both sides would just shut up and play ball.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

They are both the faces of the league since nearly all their games are prime time.

Why does Steinbrenner want a new stadium? Yankee stadium is just fine.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Wanna know how much I like the Yankees? See my sig.

But in the Yankees' defense... if they want a new stadium, then that's their business, and the NY Times should just shut the hell up and let them build what they want to build. Although making a "new and improved" Yankee Stadium is pretty much spitting on their history and abandoning the house which Babe Ruth built. But if that's what they want to do...
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

^
When was this picture taken?
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Like 10 years before I was born.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over 500
Like 10 years before I was born.
What is the picture of? I don't get it.

Personally, I don't think there's any reason for them to get a new stadium. Yankee Stadium is one of the most classic stadiums around.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

^^^^They Yankees used to get into it with the Royals back in the George Brett days. Thats pic looks older than that, but thats the only time I can remember Yankee/Royal fights.

They want a new staduim, because 1(its falling apart just like Wrigley, 2) More seating= more money. Plus when they came up with this idea, it was a way to get the Olympics back to NY.

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2005, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Olympics in NY? Won't that cause more traffic problems than there already is?
Old 29 Mar 2005, 09:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Well the Olympics, is why they are trying to speed up the process on gettin the new Jet stadium. It will cause more traffic problems, but nothing they can't handle.

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote