ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Webber cheered in Sac-Town

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2005, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Webber cheered in Sac-Town

Kings 118, 76ers 109(paraphrase)

By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
March 29, 2005

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Before the game, Chris Webber introduced new teammates to old friends. He spent quality time with his dogs at his two homes in the area. He had one more round of good times in the city where he made his fondest NBA memories.

And when he finally took the court at Arco Arena as a visitor Monday night, not even the sting of the Philadelphia 76ers' 118-109 loss to the Kings could ruin his homecoming.

Webber had 20 points and 10 rebounds in his first game back in Sacramento since the Kings traded him last month. But Cuttino Mobley scored 30 points and former Sixers Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner played big roles in one of the Kings' most impressive wins since Webber's departure.

Cheers rained down on Webber several times from pregame introductions through the final seconds, and he seemed to enjoy himself even in defeat. For Webber, the hardest part of the move was 33 days ago, when he was told the Kings didn't want him any more.

``None of this compares with being traded,'' Webber said. ``I enjoyed my time here. I didn't want this to be me versus them. I wanted to win, but it's going to be me and those guys in the (Kings') locker room that I'm going to be friends with when we can't even walk from all this playing.

``What's great is I'll always have the memories to fall back on. Nothing can make this a bad day for me.''

Webber spent parts of seven seasons in Sacramento, leading the team in scoring for five straight years while the Kings made six playoff appearances and won two division titles in the longest sustained period of winning in the franchise's history.
================================================== ========

So for any who remember when C Webb was one of the Fab Five, you know his career has taken many many turns. He was an ingrate w/ Sprewell in Golden State, he was an ingrate w/ the Bullets/Wiz...then he was traded to Sac-Town.

I remember almost being proud of him. His career was once defined by his inability to work with Don Nelson, then it was defined by his famous throat slashing gesture when he was playing w/ his boy Juwan Howard in DC...and then he got sent to Sac-Town...

The Kings were horrible then...just god awful. Back then getting traded to a team like Sacramento was a statement on the player. C Webb was on record saying he was going to be quiet, play a team game and sign somewhere else when his contract was up. Almost, Chris...

Sacramento wearily embraced him. Great fans of a downtrodden franchise were eager to have C Webb, a legitimate baller, suit up for them. Webb's attitude died, his team play went up...and the Kings became contenders. Not overnight, but they built successfully around Webber. C Webb resigned w/ the Kings when the time came, they never were able to get past Shaq and Kobe or even Tim and David, but Webber made a joke of a franchise one of the best in the league.

Nice to see he got a warm welcome...now if he and AI can only start winning in Philly.

Thoughts??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2005, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

I was watching that on ESPN this mourning. They cheer for him more then the entire Sac. Team.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2005, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

It's good to see that sorta thing after all the attention 'the Brawl' got.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Sadly, he will be more remembered for the "no timeouts" in 1993.

I agree about Webber. He among others made Sacramento a prime time franchise and place.