ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Utah sophomore Bogut to enter NBA Draft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Utah sophomore Bogut to enter NBA Draft

Utah sophomore Bogut to enter NBA Draft

March 28, 2005
SportsLine.com wire reports

SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah center Andrew Bogut will enter the NBA draft, forgoing his final two years of eligibility to possibly become the No. 1 choice, a school source said Monday.
Advertisement

The 7-footer from Melbourne, Australia, was scheduled to make the announcement at a news conference later in the day, according to the source, who spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Bogut, the leading vote-getter on the AP All-America team, averaged 20.4 points and 12.2 rebounds while leading the Utes to a 29-6 season, which ended with a loss to Kentucky in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.

Bogut considered leaving after last season, when he was the Mountain West Conference freshman of the year, but a visit to Australia from new Utah coach Ray Giacoletti convinced Bogut to put off the NBA at least another year.

Bogut is expected to be a lottery pick in the NBA draft and possibly the first player chosen overall with his exceptional ballhandling skills for a center. Bogut led Utah in scoring and rebounding and was third on the team in assists with 82.

Bogut recorded double-doubles in all but nine games this season and finished with at least 10 points and 10 rebounds 40 times in his Utah career. And at just 20 years old, NBA scouts -- fixtures at Utah games this season -- are convinced he can only get better.

Bogut was a starter on Australia's Olympic team last summer and averaged 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds.

It would have been a much bigger surprise if Bogut had elected to return to Utah for another season. Bogut declined to talk about his future after the 62-52 loss to Kentucky, but his teammates had a good idea what was coming.

"Bogut is definitely gone, you can see it in his eyes," Utah forward Bryant Markson said after Friday's game.

Former Utah coach Rick Majerus, who resigned midway through last season because of health concerns, pulled off one of his best recruiting achievements when he got Bogut to sign with Utah. Bogut was scheduled to join the Utes midway through the 2002-03 season, but had trouble getting cleared by the NCAA.

Bogut could have gone pro right away in Europe or signed with another school because his commitment to Utah expired during the delay, but kept his word and arrived in Salt Lake City in 2003.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas.../story/8334898
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

Sweet. He's Nba worthy for sure.
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Hell yeah he's declaring...I don't care what the coach or his teammates said about there being 4 other guys on the floor that can score 20...yeah right...he's the only reason Utah did anything this year.

BTW, Bogut isn't the next Shaq...or Duncan...hell, he's not even the next Illgauskas...he's the next DeathStick, aka Shaun Bradley.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

This is what I never get about college athletes. Don't you think that if your that good now, you would be even better after two more years of college?
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Easy way to spot a bad college basketball player: they're a senior.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzone
This is what I never get about college athletes. Don't you think that if your that good now, you would be even better after two more years of college?
It's possible, but Bogus, errr...Bogut is a lottery pick. If he plays 2 more years and is average or even worse falls off, then he will be a lot less rich than he will be this coming fall.

Who here would rather be better than more wealthy??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Hell yeah he's declaring...I don't care what the coach or his teammates said about there being 4 other guys on the floor that can score 20...yeah right...he's the only reason Utah did anything this year.

BTW, Bogut isn't the next Shaq...or Duncan...hell, he's not even the next Illgauskas...he's the next DeathStick, aka Shaun Bradley.

Late.
He's not Bradley, give him some credit. I think he'll be more of a Divac type player.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzone
That is the logical reason, but you gotta strike while the iron is hot. You could get injured or your stock could fall.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

He deserves to be the #1 pick, no doubt about it. I also hope he wins the Naismith award. He averages a double double with points and rebounds, and he also shoots an unheard of 60% plus. The only other people shooting 60% are walk ons who shot like 5 times this season.

And just when you thought that was enough to make him the best College Basketball player today, here's another unheard of stat: 2 blocks a game.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

^
forget Divac, he's more like an Andrei Kirilenko player. Truly complete.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 07:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Arnaz
He's not Bradley, give him some credit. I think he'll be more of a Divac type player.
I'll give him more credit when he plays on a real team, in a real league, against real ballers, and does really well. Until then I just don't see what everyone's agog about. He's not graceful, and the first time he ran into a really good team, he got worked. Maybe the comparison to DeathStick was a little harsh, but I'd take NC's May over Utah's Bogus.

And since when is Kirilenko "truly complete??" Last I knew, he couldn't check Earl Boykins, couldn't hit a clutch shot in a foozeball game and he's been on more teams than Jeff Garcia. Those are just my observations in what limited time I have the luxury of watching basketball with...but I don't remember Kirilenko being in the All Star Game, I haven't heard his name mentioned as an MVP also ran (Shaq or Nash this year) and to be honest, I haven't seen him win any games for his team with clutch shooting.

Maybe you could tell me exactly how being complete came to describe Kirilenko. It's my understanding that he's an overrated joke...why else would Kobe have traded him??

Late.

Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrei...enko/?nav=page

AK's stats. He's out for the rest of the season, but he leads the league in blocks.