ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Phil Jackson to the Cavs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2005, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Phil Jackson to the Cavs?

I was listening to 1460 The Fan and they said that new owner Dan Gilbert contacted PJ for the Cavs position.

If he were to take the job, how do you think PJ will do with Lebron, Z and potentially Michael Redd/Ray Allen?
Old 25 Mar 2005, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

They'd be 2nd in the East IMO. They'd be good, but not as good as the Heat.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2005, 01:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I'd say 3rd behind Miami and Detroit.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 07:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

He could handle Le Bron well. If he could take Kobe for all those years, Le Bron should be a breath of fresh air. Also the Cavs would be third behind Miami and Detroit.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Ehhh, I'd take Phil...I'd really like it if Michael Redd could come aboard, b/c then the Cavs have the best chance to win. Phil w/ this lineup would be great:

PG - Michael Redd
SG - LeBron James
F/PF - Anderson Varejao
C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
F/PF - Drew Gooden

That lineup with Phillip as the HC would be no less than 2nd in the East...the Cavs own Detroit right about now, and that's without Redd, Phillip or the soon to be head turning rookie Varejao.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2005, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Who's better for them, Allen or Redd?
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2005, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

i doubt redd is moving as of right now so i think allen would be there best bet.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2005, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Well let me preface this by saying that I don't think there's a team in the NBA that couldn't use Ray Allen. That guy's got more game than just about everyone in the NBA. There isn't a player that's been as underrated as Ray Allen...not cause he doesn't get his props b/c he does, but I think he's an elite player...like one of the 5 best in the league. Ray Allen is the real friggin' deal.

That being said, Michael Redd is a much better fit for the Cavs, IMO. First he's younger and while Ray isn't slowing down, he is 31 and there's enough to worry about with Big Z being so far along. Secondly, Redd will probably be more apt to take a back seat to LeBron. Not that he'd really be taking a back seat, but as far as the limelight...that belongs to LBJ, and I'm not sure a guy like Ray Ray would be able to deal with it.

Look out for Varejao...I'm telling you all right now. Kid from Brazil with an almost-afro...his game is tight.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
i doubt redd is moving as of right now so i think allen would be there best bet.
Redd plays for the Bucks. Sure, he signed an extension but in the NBA that means exactly jack shit...especially if you play for a team like the Bucks who I don't think will be contending for anything anytime soon. IMO Redd is more realistic than Allen also because his price tag will be somewhat lower...not much but it will be lower and the Cavs have been quite frugal lately...

Late.

Old 25 Mar 2005, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Well let me preface this by saying that I don't think there's a team in the NBA that couldn't use Ray Allen. That guy's got more game than just about everyone in the NBA. There isn't a player that's been as underrated as Ray Allen...not cause he doesn't get his props b/c he does, but I think he's an elite player...like one of the 5 best in the league. Ray Allen is the real friggin' deal.

That being said, Michael Redd is a much better fit for the Cavs, IMO. First he's younger and while Ray isn't slowing down, he is 31 and there's enough to worry about with Big Z being so far along. Secondly, Redd will probably be more apt to take a back seat to LeBron. Not that he'd really be taking a back seat, but as far as the limelight...that belongs to LBJ, and I'm not sure a guy like Ray Ray would be able to deal with it.

Look out for Varejao...I'm telling you all right now. Kid from Brazil with an almost-afro...his game is tight.

Late.
I watched both Redd and Allen back in college. I know more about Redd because he was on my favorite college team ever (1998-1999 Ohio State). I love them both very much. I would take both in a heartbeat, but I prefer Allen only because he pubically expressed intrest to play with the Cavs.

I too am a Varejao fan.