ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Pat Summitt Going for History Tonight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2005, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default Pat Summitt Going for History Tonight

Well as most of you know, Pat Summitt is attempting to pass Dean Smith on the all time win record. So what I want to know is,

Do you think Pat Summitt is good enough to coach at the men's level?
Old 22 Mar 2005, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Before the now fired Buzz Peterson was hired at UT, she was given the offer and turned it down.

Yes she is good enough to do it, but she shouldn't do it. She is in a VERY VERY cushy position where she is.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Womens sports!?

Tell me something that isn't a joke.

But seriously, the only womens sport I take seriously is tennis.

Womens tennis > mens tennis.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

http://www.coachsummitt.com/0405season/2004index.html

everything you needed to know about her
Old 24 Mar 2005, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Congrats to Her..and no,she shouldn't go to Mens coaching..She's fine where she is..
Old 24 Mar 2005, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

You people really give a shit about Pat Summit??

No, she couldn't coach men's anything. At this stage of her career, she wouldn't have the patience to do the little things that it would take for a men's team to trust a woman coach.

Besides, the men's and women's games are so different that I don't think she could adjust.

Men's game - super crazy hype, especially NCAA. Transition, 1/2 court, defense, backdoor...all these things are quite different in the way they're played going from women's to men's B Ball.

Women's game - insignificant hype, especially NCAA. WNBA doesn't get any hype at all, and that's not without good reason. Lack of fundamentals, players missing 1/2 of their transition layups...

Bless Pat Summit for what she's accomplished in the women's game, but don't forget that it's the women's game. When mags and sites post Summit as the all time winningest head coach in history, it makes me sick. You can't compare Summit to the Dean, Bobby Knight, Coach K...shit, she can't even really be compared to Stan Van Gundy. Great career, but it was in the women's game.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2005, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

I pose this question to anyone who wants to answer it, who do you think was the better women's coach, Pat Summit or Geno Auriemma of UConn?
Old 25 Mar 2005, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Arnaz
I pose this question to anyone who wants to answer it, who do you think was the better women's coach, Pat Summit or Geno Auriemma of UConn?
That's tough...Auriemma has gotten a hell of a lot out of his teams, but Summit's been doing it longer. Auriemma of course had the back to back undefeated Championship seasons, didn't he?? That's crazy be it mens, womens or childrens ball...I couldn't tell you for sure though.

If I had a daughter that could ball though...I'd send her to Tennessee, Auriemma looked a little too close to Diana Taurasi the other year for me.

BTW, just to preemptively shake the sexist tag, I don't think Auriemma would be a good coach in the men's game either, although he would have more patience and time to build the trust of the team...he's a primadonna but not as much as Summit is...but hey, she's earned it.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
That's tough...Auriemma has gotten a hell of a lot out of his teams, but Summit's been doing it longer. Auriemma of course had the back to back undefeated Championship seasons, didn't he?? That's crazy be it mens, womens or childrens ball...I couldn't tell you for sure though.

If I had a daughter that could ball though...I'd send her to Tennessee, Auriemma looked a little too close to Diana Taurasi the other year for me.

BTW, just to preemptively shake the sexist tag, I don't think Auriemma would be a good coach in the men's game either, although he would have more patience and time to build the trust of the team...he's a primadonna but not as much as Summit is...but hey, she's earned it.

Late.
Coach Geno has had 4 undefeated regular seasons.

I think he was the better coach, only because he did his magic in a more balanced period of women's basketball. Pat got her start when many programs were just getting set up for the first time ever.

As for the mens game, both proably could do it skills wise but they'd have a tough time getting to players. Geno reminds me a little of Brian Billick and if you were a 19 year old male, would you want a middle aged lady telling you how to play?
Old 25 Mar 2005, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Arnaz
if you were a 19 year old male, would you want a middle aged lady telling you how to play?
Lmfao...exactly.

Late.

Old 25 Mar 2005, 02:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

speaking of Geno and Diana

Is it me or does it look like Diana can kick Geno's ass?