ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NRL: Rugby league thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2005, 06:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default NRL: Rugby league thread.

Its been a week, I feel I can come out and proudly annouce that Dante and myself might be PWF's only rugby league fan.

This might by PWF's only p2p thread not to closed.

This weeks games look a little hard to pick after last weeks efforts but hopefully that will mean good footy.

Cowboys vs Bulldogs is the friday night game with the Panthers vs Roosters game looks the next best of the weekend.

As for our side the raiders we have newcastle this week who were horrible in being thrashed 48-10 by the storm last week

Last edited by G O D; 17 Mar 2005 at 06:12 AM.
G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2005, 06:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

fuck me. Two excellent friday night games in a row with the cowboys on fire this week in beating last years champs 24-12

Old 19 Mar 2005, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Whoo. My team kicked of the year in fine fashion with a 39-14 win over newcastle. Too much dropped ball in the game but we won and thats the main thing.

Yesterdays recap
Raiders 39-14 Knights
Storm 46-12 Dragons
Warriors 24-12 Broncos

Old 25 Mar 2005, 02:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Ok..........In what is essentially shanes Blog LOL.

Tonight (good friday over here) we have another potentially excellent prospect of a great game in the Roosters vs Broncos.

The roosters have been pretty much the yardstick for the other teams the last 5 years having appeared in 4 of the last 5 grand finals (lol lost 3 of them) against the team that was the measuring stick for the previous 10 years.

Hopefully plenty of points on offer tonight.

The rest of the weekends fixtures - Panthers vs dragons
eels vs sharks
warriors vs cowboys
sea eagles vs storm
bulldogs vs tigers
rabbits vs raiders

Competition table after round 2
NRL 2005 LADDER
Club name PTS
1 Storm 4
2 Sea Eagles 4
3 Raiders 4
4 Roosters 4
5 Rabbitohs 2
6 Warriors 2
7 Bulldogs 2
8 Broncos 2
9 Cowboys 2
10 Eels 2
11 Wests Tigers 2
12 Sharks 2
13 Panthers 0
14 Dragons 0
15 Knights 0
PTS: Points

Old 25 Mar 2005, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

well I got what I was after in a game that finished 40-22 with the broncos winning. Sweet to see another unbeaten team get beaten already leaving only 3 teams yet to taste defeat (including my team....ohh yeah). Probably more evidence that this will be the tightest comp yet.

todays games panthers vs dragons at 5:30pm and eels vs sharks at 7;30pm

Only the first game looks watchable out of them 2

Old 27 Mar 2005, 05:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Damn. The tigers vs bulldogs game was a screamer of a match that the tigers won 37-36.

I might watch that again tomorrow

Old 27 Mar 2005, 07:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

I like Rugby, I don't get to see hardly any games due to cable provider, but I do own EA sports Rugby 2004 if that counts for anything
Old 28 Mar 2005, 04:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
I like Rugby, I don't get to see hardly any games due to cable provider, but I do own EA sports Rugby 2004 if that counts for anything
No....rugby 2004 is based on a different game. Rugby league broke away from Rugby union in 1898.

As for seeing any games I the home site of rugby league provides a link to watching full games that works as long as you have media player. They provide them a day after they are played.

Up to date replays from matches

BTW my team played today and won...........SWEET
Raiders 25-18 Rabbits

Old 03 Apr 2005, 05:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Well I guess this will be The Only Rugby League Thread in the Entire forum for the year...

Didn't think there would be one...

After Round 4 I'm Glad The Raiders got Up against the Dragons...

Glad The Storm got up against The Broncos, Hell they destroyed the Broncos...

Good on The Sharks too, Bulldogs certainly are struggling this season...

Little Mortified when Benji kissed Scott Prince but Good on the Tigers

Good for the Cowboys with winner over the deflated Knights outfit..

Warriors toppled the Rabbits, Well the Warriros were due for a win in NZ

And the Eels over the Panthers, Wasn't expecting that....

My Tips sucks but ya know,
Let's take a look at Round 5:
Old 03 Apr 2005, 05:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Friday Night
Panthers (Home) Vs. Storm:
Ahhh Gonna be a good match but I see the Storm dominating with Billy The Kid and Matt Orford hurting the as of late lackluster Panthers.

Saturday:
Sea Eagles Vs Dragons (Home):
This year's Sea Eagles outfit are certain Premiership contenders as they came out of last weeks Top of the Table clash the better side and I just don't see the St George finding themselves a way out of their current hole.

Cowboys Vs. Sharks (Home):
Two Teams that are coming into top form these rounds as the Sharks come off a Good win over the Premiers but I still can't seem them get over the Heart 7 Spirit of the Cowboys

West Tigers (Home) Vs. Warriors
Both teams coming off hard earned victories as both sides are out to cement a nice spot in the middle of the NRL ladder. I'm leaning towards the Tigers as they seem to have a team of young skillful players lead by Benji (Kiss other blokes as if they were your Mother) Marshell.

Sunday
Broncos (Home) Vs. Eels:
I think the Broncos have to win this one as Wayne Bennet will definetly push his boys for a win to make up for the 50 - 4 Thrasting from the Storm. But I don't expect the Eels to just lay down either, I'll say The Broncos should get home at Suncorp...

Rabbitohs & The Knights (Home):
Tough Call as Both teams seem to be having a very poor start to the season, Now Andrew Johns is the stand out player but his kicking game can't be compliment as he seems to have nobody there in time to get the ball and score. I'm picking the Rabbitohs as they're due for another win as the Knights are a dull unit without their injuried Star...

Raiders (Home) Vs. The Roosters:
The Green Machine always preform best at Home as I expect them to get up over the discharged Roosters who seem to be in poor form without their Ex-Skipper Fittler. Ricky Stewart has to teach some of his old boys some new tricks to keep up with the new wave of talent emerging....

Bulldogs with the Bye:
The Mighty Bulldogs, They've fallen as they have only won 1 / 4, How will this poor start reflect their season? Well Sonny Bills Injury doesn't seem to be fatel but they can't just rely on their big names to get the job done....

BTW Sonny Bills is by far the most over-rated NRL player ever...

Last edited by Dante; 03 Apr 2005 at 05:38 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2005, 04:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

So far weve had some excellent friday night games and this one shouldnt be any exception. Penrith panthers vs melbourne storm. Storm are white hot after racking up 50 points on the broncos last week while the panthers got rolled by the eels. Looks like an easy storm win but the panthers might show some heart. Tv coverage starts in an hour

Old 08 Apr 2005, 07:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
....Bang

Heh Half time and the Panthers are showing that Heart, They should've atleast had 20 points against the Sotmrif it wasn't for those 'mis-haps'... Lucky or just clumsiness that Wesser dropped the Ball and that so called Double Movement, I'm hoping Billy can get one or two tries before the night is over so he can build on the Most Tries in a Season REcord, Go Billy...
Old 09 Apr 2005, 12:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Games for today.

Wests tiger vs warriors
Dragons vs sea eagles
sharks vs cowboys

Hopefully i should make some money today

Old 09 Apr 2005, 12:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

good luck and tell us how you do.

BTW, I think sports gambling should be legal in the US.
Old 09 Apr 2005, 01:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Arnaz
good luck and tell us how you do.

BTW, I think sports gambling should be legal in the US.
ISNT IT ALREADY