ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Out of all these, which one is the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Mar 2005, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG
Default Out of all these, which one is the best?

Which do you prefer:
Super Bowl
World Series
Stanley Cup
BCS Championship games (all 4 or 5 of them)
NCAA Mens Tourney
Arena Bowl
Grey Cup
Masters
Daytona 500
College World Series
Your state's high school championships for football
state tourneys for basketball

Im sure im forgetting some things, but which is your favorite out of these?
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2005, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

I made this post in the NCAA College Basketball Pickem thread:

Quote:
The NCAA College Basketball Tournament is definitley the best tournament in sports, but some non-NCAA fans wonder why. Here's a list I made with 5 reasons:

5) School spirit.
4) History of upsets.
3) So many teams, so many possibilities.
2) Young stars.
1) No money involved.

NCAA College Basketball Tournament > You.
Try to argue with that, bitches.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2005, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I'd try, but I agree with you.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

The Stanley Cup is by far the best.

Its the toughest championship to win and the NHL playoffs are by far the most exciting playoffs to watch.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
1) No money involved.

No money?

I'm sure if there was 'no money' then there would be 'no tourney'. You think schools like Duke, UConn, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, etc don't get money for this? LOL, yeah right. College sports is ALL about money, for the schools that is.

Then, if you wanna get technical, how many people fill out their brackets and enter pools, where money is involved?

As for the topic, I gotta go with Rebel. Hockey playoffs are almost always entertaining.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Well, the only thing a college player will ever get is a scholarship for their education, so you know they have it in their heart.

- Jadakiss
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

^^Unless your name is Maurice (sp?) Clarrett.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Well, the only thing a college player will ever get is a scholarship for their education, so you know they have it in their heart.
I guess you've never heard of boosters?

or the Fab 5 from Michigan?

College players get money through means that break the school and athletic rules. We just don't hear about all of them. Just the Chris Webbers, Maurice Claretts, etc
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

That Michigan team got stripped of all the the tournament banners they've ever had. Last time I heard Maurice Claretts name, he was filing lawsuits on the NFL.

When you fuck with the NCAA Tournament's code of honesty, you get your life fucked up, and then you get sent straight to the motherfucking dump.

- Jadakiss
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake
That Michigan team got stripped of all the the tournament banners they've ever had. Last time I heard Maurice Claretts name, he was filing lawsuits on the NFL.

When you fuck with the NCAA Tournament's code of honesty, you get your life fucked up, and then you get sent straight to the motherfucking dump.
I was just using them as examples that money IS involved. Not everyone gets caught either
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Yeah, and they're good examples. Does this happen... alot?

- Jadakiss
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I hate to reitertate the esteemable STICK, but damn..."no money involved??" Okay MS...I just want you to know that what I am about to say isn't so much directed at you as it is the NCAA...please don't think I'm flaming you directly.

What are you, fucking high on crack?? There's nothing but money involved in the NCAA Tourney. I guarantee you that right now Oakland and Alabama A&M alumni are putting huge coin on the fucking play-in game. I was talking to a friend just last night about this, and we agreed that more money changes hands during the NCAAs than for any other sporting event...and that's just the gamblers.

Brackets, brackets, brackets...every place of employment has people putting money down on brackets today and yesterday...there's all kinds of money involved in The Tourney.

Where the real money comes from is alumni who grease up the "student athlete's" palm for doing a particularly good job. Hell, when Bynum practically beat North Carolina single handedly for Georgia Tech over the weekend, I'm willing to bet he got a few Gs for that.

Remember when Tractor Traylor played at Michigan, riding around in his $45,000 Chevy Suburban?? A college student from the inner city who isn't supposed to have more than a Part Time job in the summertime...tricking around in a $45,000 rig?? No money...my fucking ass.

Muthafucka please, muthafucka please...don't fucking tell me that there's no money involved in the NCAA Tourney...you might as well say that there's no molestation of kids by priests in the Catholic Church. Yeah, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire never took any steriods either.

Oh yeah sure, if a program gets caught, the program gets into trouble. If the program gets caught. You don't honestly think the Fab Five were the last team to take money?? So here we are, I dunno...twelve...fifteen years after the fact, and Chris Webber gets pulled into court...and then goes on his merry way. I don't really think Chris Webber's life is fucked up b/c of his involvment in the scam, as a matter of fact, I'd say his life is set and his kids' lives are set b/c of his involvement in the scam.

So yeah, the public can frown at players more than a decade after the fact, if the NCAA is able to catch up to the cheating at all, and then the players can go back to spending their money without a care in the world. Yeah that ear to ear grin on CWebb's face when he left the courthouse for that scam really told me that his life was going to suffer...pshaw, I doubt he, Howard, Rose or any of those bastards gives a rat's ass anymore and why should they??

Then there's point shaving, which is nearly impossible to establish and prove, and corrupts the system even more than it normally is...kids can get up to $10K in one night just for making sure that their team doesn't cover the spread, and that's a regular season game!! In The Tourney?? Forget about it.

It's not just basketball, either. Look at the suits that the kids wear to the NFL Draft. Those are $10,000 suits...who gave them the money for that?? Their mom and dad?? I don't think so. NCAA = Money Laundering/Gambling Ring. That's all it is, in fact, I'm going to call the NCAA "Vegas Jr." from now on.

There's nothing but money involved. They try to hide it, which is why you originally said that, MS...again, that rant was directed at the NCAA (like they'll read and/or give a shit). They tricked you man...sorry.

BTW, despite the grandeur of The Tourney...I'm going with the Super Bowl...it's its own freaking holiday for God's sake.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2005, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

hey no $$$ in college sports watch the movie blue chips or the movie the program

Last edited by darkpimp; 15 Mar 2005 at 12:47 PM.
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2005, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I love all of them, but I like the World Cup the best because it is the worlds largest sporting event.

I would also add OSU/Michigan, cause its a state hoilday here, lol.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 03:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

NCAA Tournament is the most exciting, followed by the World Series....there's just something special about it....