ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Detroit Finally Signs Garcia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2005, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Detroit Finally Signs Garcia

Garcia opts to back up Harrington
By Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com

After deliberating over several options, veteran quarterback Jeff Garcia has opted to join the Detroit Lions as a backup to starter Joey Harrington.

Garcia

The two sides reached a contract agreement in principle Saturday afternoon, as Garcia bypassed job opportunities with the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks. Contract details were not immediately available.

The decision reunites Garcia with Lions coach Steve Mariucci. Under Mariucci in San Francisco, Garcia enjoyed his most successful stretch. The Lions will be Garcia's third team in three years, but that is more a function of circumstance than a commentary on his abilities.

Garcia, 35, was released by the Cleveland Browns two weeks ago after playing one season of a four-year, $25 million contract, and following a 2004 campaign that clearly was a miserable experience for both sides. Garcia struggled behind a poor offensive line beset by injuries, was forced to play all but two games minus first-round tight end Kellen Winslow, and was relegated to performing in an offensive design that didn't suit his talents.

He started in 10 of 11 appearances and completed 144 of 252 passes for 1,731 yards, with 10 touchdown passes and nine interceptions. Garcia publicly bristled at times about the offensive blueprint, and about the direction of the franchise under then-head coach Butch Davis, and his comments didn't sit well sometimes with teammates and fans.

At his best directing a West Coast-style attack, Garcia will get the opportunity in Detroit to work in a system with which he is familiar and in which he has been proficient. After six seasons of being a starter, Garcia has indicated to every club with which he visited in the past two weeks that he is prepared to accept a backup role, if necessary.

Lions officials hope that Garcia will push Harrington to greater heights. The third player chosen overall in the 2002 draft, Harrington has been inconsistent as the Detroit starter, and Mariucci acknowledged at the conclusion of the 2004 campaign that it might be time to provide him some competition for the top job on the depth chart.

The Lions lost backup quarterback Mike McMahon on Friday, as the four-year veteran signed with Philadelphia as an unrestricted free agent. Detroit is in the process of revamping its pecking order behind Harrington. Although the team met with a number of free agent quarterbacks over the past two weeks and spoke with veterans such as Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson, Garcia was the man the Lions wanted all along.

In six seasons, the first five with San Francisco, Garcia has completed 1,593 of 2,612 passes for 18,139 yards, with 123 touchdown passes, 65 interceptions and a career passer rating of 87.2. A three-time Pro Bowl performer, he has thrown for 3,000 yards in three season and, in 2000, threw for 4,278 yards. He posted 63 touchdown passes combined for the 2000-2001 seasons.

The former San Jose State star spent the early part of his professional career in the CFL before signing with the 49ers in 1999. He was released by San Francisco last spring for salary cap reasons.

espn.com
==============================================

Well I think everyone saw this comming...
Old 12 Mar 2005, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Mooch and Garcia are back together.

I wonder who'll pick up Harrington?
Old 12 Mar 2005, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Why this hate on Harrington?

His rookie year he had no running game, no receivers, and no defense. His second year, he had no running game, one receiver (and got injured), and no defense. Last year they got a semblance of a running game, another receiver (who got injured), and still no defense. Wait until he all of that and then see if he still sucks.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2005, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

Gonna be interesting to see if Garcia will beat out Harrington as the starter. There's no need for Harrington to struggle. He got the WR's in Williams and Rogers and the running game in Jones. There's no more excuses Joey.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2005, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Arnaz
Mooch and Garcia are back together.

I wonder who'll pick up Harrington?
What are you talking about? Harrington isn't going anywhere.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

harrington isnt going anywhere but he should. he needs to be on a team. he needs an offense. the packers should look towards him when he becomes a free agent.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2005, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
harrington isnt going anywhere but he should. he needs to be on a team. he needs an offense. the packers should look towards him when he becomes a free agent.
He would have an offence if nobody got hurt.