ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Coles and Moss Done Deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK
Default Coles and Moss Done Deal

NEW YORK (March 9, 2005) -- Laveranues Coles got down to business once he rejoined the New York Jets. He gave Chad Pennington a big hug.

Coles was happy to be back with his old teammate after passing a physical that finally completed his trade from Washington. The Redskins got speedy wideout Santana Moss in return, a swap of receivers who were unhappy with their respective teams' conservative offenses last year.

The deal was agreed on March 5, but Coles and Moss needed to pass physicals to make the trade official. Moss passed his on March 7.

"I wanted to be here," Coles said on a conference call. "Anytime you have a quarterback like Chad Pennington, who wouldn't want to come play with him?"

Coles and Pennington had great chemistry in 2002, when the receiver had 89 catches for 1,264 yards and six touchdowns. But Coles bolted for Washington following that season, when the Redskins offered a lucrative contract the Jets refused to match.

After leaving the team, Coles was critical of coach Herman Edwards and Jets management for letting him go. Coles has apologized for his remarks, saying he has matured. But he was soon unhappy with his role in Joe Gibbs' offense, after catching 90 passes for 950 yards last season, and asked for the trade.

When asked to elaborate on his problems in Washington, Coles said, "I wasn't comfortable and I'm going to leave it at that."

But he added he and Gibbs were on good terms.

The trade had been in the works for weeks, but it was only when Coles agreed to a restructured contract that everything was worked out. His new deal reportedly gives him a $5 million signing bonus. The Redskins are responsible for the final $5 million of the $13 million signing bonus he got when he signed with them.

Coles seems eager to reconnect on the field, but that might take a while because Pennington is recovering from right rotator cuff surgery. Nonetheless, Pennington was happy to have Coles back.

"It was obvious after the 2002 season that Laveranues and I had developed a quarterback-wide receiver connection, as well as a friendship," Pennington said in a statement. "I think he fits perfectly into our receiving corps because of his toughness and his playmaking abilities in both the running and passing game."

There were questions about a chronic toe injury that hampered Coles the last two seasons. The Redskins wanted him to have surgery, but Coles was reluctant to undergo any procedure. When asked about his toe, Coles refused to elaborate, saying only that he passed his physical and Jets doctors cleared him to play.

The Jets believe Coles is an upgrade from Moss, who had his breakout year in 2003, and know how special his relationship was with Pennington. Coles joins Justin McCareins as the starting receivers under new coordinator Mike Heimerdinger, who is expected to reinvigorate a rather bland attack.

"He brings a physical and dynamic presence to our receiving group and is familiar with our program," general manager Terry Bradway said in a statement. "He has the mind-set to help us win a championship."

who got the better end of this trade?
discuss

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Jets make out like bandits on this one. Coles is lightyears better than Moss.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

lmao @ the 'Skins.

The 'Skins took a HUGE cap hit on this. Looks good on those bitches. Just keep adding to your cap hell. I can't wait in a few years when they have to tear their team apart and they won't be able to afford to sign anyone.

As for the players themselves...meh. I don't know who got the better trade. Both are good recievers but they aren't anything to get excited over.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The Skins need some kind of vertical passing game..But coles for moss basically keeps things the same..and like reb said..a cap hit.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Washington is one of the worst temas in the league at managing.

They released Shottenheimer. They signed Spurrier. They let Davis walk. They signed Brunnell. They traded Bailey for Portis. They didn't bench Brunnell until the season was lost. They let Smoot walk. And now, they traded Coles for Moss.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

The Jets got the better of this trade. They reunited Pennington with his favorite receiver in the NFL. Every QB needs a go-to-guy and Coles was that for Pennington. They were quickly developing into one of the most dynamic passing combinations back in 2002. If Coles toe is okay and Chad makes a full recovery from rotator cuff surgery they should pick off right where they left off a few years ago.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote