ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Colts Running Back James set out to be traded.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Mar 2005, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK
Default Colts Running Back James set out to be traded.

INDIANAPOLIS (March 9, 2005) -- Edgerrin James could be a bargain for some NFL team.

James' new agent Drew Rosenhaus said the Indianapolis Colts were not demanding a first-round draft pick in exchange for the former two-time NFL rushing champion.

James, the Colts' career rushing leader, was designated the team's franchise player last month. Now Rosenhaus, who said he spoke with Colts president Bill Polian, is looking for a trade.

"The bottom line is that I talked to the Colts, and he doesn't think he can get a long-term deal done," Rosenhaus said in a telephone interview.

Polian told The Associated Press that he would not discount trading James, a cornerstone of one of the NFL's top offenses.

James has carried the ball a franchise-record 1,828 times, more than all but four of the NFL's top 10 rushers had in their first six years. But he is just 26 years old and is coming off his best season since tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in 2001.

He rushed for 1,548 yards and nine touchdowns, caught 51 passes for 483 yards and earned his third selection to the AFC Pro Bowl team in 2004.

In six NFL seasons, James has rushed 7,720 yards, 51 touchdowns and caught 312 passes for 2,502 yards. Three times he has topped 2,000 yards from scrimmage in a season.

James' departure would break up the Colts' talented trio he formed with Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. Together, they have led Indianapolis to three division titles and five playoff appearances in six years.

But the non-exclusive franchise tag would cost the Colts slightly more than $8 million. If another team signed James and the Colts did not match the offer within seven days, the Colts would get two first-round draft picks.

James has said he wants a long-term deal, which would likely mean handing out another multimillion dollar signing bonus for the Colts.

Team owner Jim Irsay has already agreed to more than $40 million in bonuses since December by re-signing receivers Harrison, Brandon Stokley and right tackle Ryan Diem to long-term contracts.

Irsay also gave Manning, the league's two-time MVP, a $34.5 million signing bonus last March.

For the Colts, another long-term deal appears to be too much.

"They're trying to make it as easy as possible for me to get a fair trade," Rosenhaus said. "I think a team has a chance to get a steal."

Since James recently hired Rosenhaus, who is based in Miami where James played college football, there has been speculation James wants to return to Florida and play for the Dolphins.

"I'm working overtime to find a trade partner," Rosenhaus said.

The Colts already have a backup plan in case they do trade James.

On the same day they franchised James, Polian also announced that Indianapolis had a new two-year deal with Dominic Rhodes, James' backup the last four years.

Rhodes rushed for 1,104 yards - an NFL record for undrafted rookies - when he replaced James for the final 10 games of 2001. He signed a two-year deal that will pay him $1.3 million in base salary in 2005 and 2006.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2005, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I was reading this on espn...I loved the quote he used about calling the Colts the Jackson Five. How it looks like their a tight group of guys but the team is really dysfunctional.
Old 09 Mar 2005, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

John Cena Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Surprising...I don't think Indianapolis will go further than last year with someone like Rhodes behind Manning...But i said this when Westbrook has been declared #1 RB for Philadelphia...

Did Shaun Alexander signed yet?
Old 09 Mar 2005, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

personaly thats what got me to. i havent laughed like that in a while.

The War
Old 09 Mar 2005, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal
Surprising...I don't think Indianapolis will go further than last year with someone like Rhodes behind Manning...But i said this when Westbrook has been declared #1 RB for Philadelphia...

Did Shaun Alexander signed yet?
Westbrook is a totally different running from James though. Plus Philly has a great defense unlike Indy.

Alexander isn't a free agent....
Old 10 Mar 2005, 07:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Alexander would've been a Free Agent is Seattle didn't put the ole' franchise tag on him. Yeah, so, he resigned with them.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

Posted by Rebel
Quote:
Westbrook is a totally different running from James though. Plus Philly has a great defense unlike Indy.
I was comparing Westbrook with Rhodes, actually...And i was sure that Alexander was free agent. Since he's not, Indy's stuck with Rhodes.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Together We Can!

Indy thinks that rhodes will get the job done since they dont plan on running much this year.

The War
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

This sucks, I wanted Philly to sign him.

Westbrook had a break-out year, but I'm not sold on him. James is way better.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

Trade him to Miami for Surtain and the second overall pick. With that second pick either draft Antrell Rolle or Derrick Johnson to help out that defense.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy J
Trade him to Miami for Surtain and the second overall pick. With that second pick either draft Antrell Rolle or Derrick Johnson to help out that defense.

Im Pretty Sure he isnt worth that much.......
-Tiga- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Together We Can!

they dont want much for him so hes going for a small price.

The War
Old 10 Mar 2005, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by _UT_

I would cry if he ends up in Philly.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 06:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

Posted by _UT_
Quote:

Being an Eagle to the bones, i'm forced to say that would be stunning(James with Phily). Plus, he fits with Philadephia's kind of offense since he can catch passes.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 08:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I hope he gets traded, so I can get his jersey for cheap
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote