ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Illinois Still numero uno.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Mar 2005, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG
Default Illinois Still numero uno.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_...v=ap&type=lgns
Anybody surprised about this at all? I thought that if UNC put up an impressive showing at Duke they would have a shot at #1. But they didn't. This doesn't shock me at all.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

No, this really doesn't surprise me. I mean NC has 3 losses (2 not so bad losses and 1 really bad loss to Santa Clara) and IL has 1 loss on the road to a conference foe by 1 point. It is debatable to as who is the best team in the nation, but IMO Illinois deserves the #1 spot because they have had the best season so far.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

like wolf said 1 loss to 3 loss. i mean yeah nc should be were they are but Ill. is still the best team out there with wins.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

They are still the best team in the NCAA and im personally glad they got this loss out now instead of in the tournement.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Yeah. Illinois has the best record, and they deserve, (sp), the number one spot. That was one heck of a season.
Old 08 Mar 2005, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

UNC had to barely escape against duke at home..not that that meant anything..But yeah..it's obvious the Illini deseves the number 1 spot..
Old 08 Mar 2005, 05:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Since when do you guys care so much about win/loss records?
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 07:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Since when do you guys care so much about win/loss records?
It's not much so the W-L, but who they played.

I'm glad that Illinois still got the 1 spot.
Old 08 Mar 2005, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

The thing is, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a post saying "record doesn't matter as much as people think". But every post in this thread so far has been like: "Illini have the best record so they should be #1".

I actually agree with Illini as #1. Mainly because they beat Wake Forest. Add Michigan State, Gonzaga, and Cincinatti. After those wins, giving them anything less than #5 would be dumb. They also had a ton of other challenges like Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote