ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Plaxico Burress to the giants maybe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2005, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK
Default Plaxico Burress to the giants maybe?

The Steelers second wide out who is also one of the better wide outs in the league will meet with the New York Giants to agree on terms of signing with them. the giants who let go of one of there top receivers Ike Hilliard are looking for a no. 1 star receiver to take his place and help Eli. Will Plxico Burress be it?

i personal think that would be a good idea for the giants to sign him. he is a good receiver and they need one with there QB.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2005, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

John Cena Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Not confirmed, yet?
Old 07 Mar 2005, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

no it is in the works. the meeting has started like 5 min ago.

The War
Old 07 Mar 2005, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Man, the Giants are making some great moves this offseason. If Manning can play alright they'll be a decent team this upcomming season.
Old 07 Mar 2005, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I hope he goes there an Shelli still sucks. He would have Toomer, Hilliard, Shockey, and Burress and still he would play like shit. Couldn't happen to a better guy and family.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well I heard a rumor he was a no show in the Big Apple. I guess he said he was "sick" or something like that and never made the trip. Take it for what its worth.
Old 08 Mar 2005, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

He wants too much money, the Giants wern't willing to shell out the kind of bonus he wanted.

Either way he won't be a Steeler next year with them signing some piece of trash from the 49's Cedrick Wilson or something like that
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

If the Giants can sign him to an affordable contract they shouldn't hesitate. They need to surround Manning with some playmakers on offense other than Tiki. Toomer's best days are behind him. He's not a number 1 WR anymore. Hillard got cut the other day, and Shockey well he's just overrated.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Here's an update from espn:

Quote:
Will Vikings re-enter the picture?
By Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com
Len Pasquarelli Archive

In the latest setback to Plaxico Burress, the New York Giants announced on Thursday afternoon that they have withdrawn their contract offer to the unrestricted free agent wide receiver, and that they will no longer pursue the former Pittsburgh Steelers starter.

The decision to end negotiations with Burress was announced by general manager Ernie Accorsi in a terse, 20-word statement on the team's Web site.

"The New York Giants are no longer interested in free agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress and have withdrawn their offer," the statement read.

It was not immediately clear why the Giants backed away from their pursuit of Burress, who met with team officials on Wednesday night and Thursday morning.

Burress arrived at the Giants' headquarters at about 6 p.m. Wednesday and dined with coaches and team officials. He returned to the club's offices on Thursday morning and, after a short meeting, the Giants said they will go in another direction as they attempt to upgrade their wide receiver corps.

Agent Michael Harrison could not be immediately reached for comment.

On Wednesday night, before boarding a plane, Harrison told ESPN.com that he expected to have a faxed contract proposal from the Giants on his desk when he arrived home in Los Angeles later that night.

Harrison seemed confident the Giants would offer more than the six-year, $21 million deal they had suggested in earlier discussions.

ESPN.com has learned that, on Wednesday, the Minnesota Vikings proposed to Harrison the possibility of a one-year contract. Harrison had hinted to ESPN.com on Tuesday night that, if his client did not receive what he considered to be a market-value offer on a long-term deal, he might opt for a one-year contract. On Wednesday night, however, Harrison backed off that stance.

Under a one-year scenario, Burress would hope to have a big season in 2005, then go back into the unrestricted market next spring, theoretically as a more attractive target for teams seeking to upgrade their wide receiver situation.

It is believed that Burress and Harrison are seeking a contract similar to the one former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad signed with the Chicago Bears two weeks ago.

In that deal, Muhammad, released by the Panthers for salary cap reasons after a Pro Bowl season in 2004, signed a six-year contract that could be worth $30 million, and which includes $12 million in guarantees.

No matter the numbers, the dearth of interest in Burress, who played the first five years of his career with the Steelers, has been one of the most puzzling elements of the opening week of the free agency period.

While he experienced some off-field problems in the past, Burress seemed to mature in 2004, when the combination of a run-heavy offense and a rookie starting quarterback limited him to 35 catches, the fewest since his rookie season in 2000.

In a reversal of character, Burress didn't chafe about the offense, made himself a solid down-field blocker, and spoke of team goals above personal performance.

His expectations clearly were that he would be one of the most coveted players in the unrestricted pool, and would strike a quick and lucrative agreement. Those expectations, though, have been dashed.

Harrison has been forced to initiate contact with most of the teams that have discussed his client as a possibility.

While other wide receivers have scored contracts from new clubs, many of them for big money, Burress has generated little buzz. Beyond the Giants, about the only other team to acknowledge interest in the five-year veteran is Minnesota, and the Vikings have said they will only get involved if Burress reduces his contract desires.

The Vikings, of course, traded star wide receiver Randy Moss. Minnesota, however, is also involved in trade negotiations for Washington Redskins starter Rod Gardner.

"We're not going to do something stupid just for the sake of doing it," Harrison said. "We'll come up with something to make it work for 'Plax,' believe me."
Old 10 Mar 2005, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Together We Can!

lets open it up again where you think he will go?

The War
Old 10 Mar 2005, 03:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylis_sexay
lets open it up again where you think he will go?
I think he'll end up in Minnesota. They seem to be the only team that is really interested in him anyways. You really don't hear alot of rumors about him about teams wanting him. I'd be really supised if he signs anywhere besides Minny.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

NO. GOD DAMN MINNESOTA TO HELL!

Maybe Plax is the reason they felt comfy tradin Moss
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Minnesota. They dumped Moss and knew Plex would be available. A nice new addition for Culpepper.

San Diego just jumped into my head for some reason.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2005, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Together We Can!

that could be good for SD.

The War
Old 10 Mar 2005, 06:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

What about a darkhorse like Denver? They need to find a replacement for Rod Smith.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote