ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Bring back the zone in the NBA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2005, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby
Default Bring back the zone in the NBA

that's right, bring back the zone defense. The NBA is too showey and doesnt have enough real fundamental basketball. I say this because I am an avid college hoops follower and after watching the Heat/Cavalier game tonight, I can safely say the NBA pales in comparison to college hoops. College hoops have the comratery (sp?), the companionship, the passion that the NBA lacks. The NBA is more like a business than anything, and therefore players try and make the flashy play instead of the simple play. This is why I like Tim Duncan. He's a fundamental guy who honestly tries to play good basketball.

So anyways, before I get going on that rant, I have a simple solution to forcing NBA offenses to be fundamentally sound: bring back the zone. Man to man defense makes it too easy to pull a move on a defender in an isolation situation. If defenses can zone up, it would force the offense to set picks and run actual plays instead of trying a 360 dunk every time down the court (exaggeration, but you get the point).

My point is simple: bringing back the zone will make the NBA more fufilling to watch and make it more like the game it was intended to be.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 07 Mar 2005, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Wouldn't zone defenses lower shooting averages, not that it can't be any lower?