ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Panthers Release Muhammad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2005, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Panthers Release Muhammad

Muhammad had 1,405 yards, 16 TDs in '04
ESPN.com news services

The Carolina Panthers have released wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports.

The team had until Wednesday to make a decision about Muhammad, who would have been owed a $10 million bonus.

Muhammad caught 93 passes for 1,405 yards and 16 touchdowns this season, his best by far since he joined Carolina in 1996 out of Michigan State.

espn.com
================================

Wow...i'm suprised. He's one of the best recievers in the league. This is a big blow for Carolina.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

If Minnesota persues him I will vomit. Enough said.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2005, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Eagles want him...bad!
Old 25 Feb 2005, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Wow, TO and Muhammed= awesomeness.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAWG
Wow, TO and Muhammed= awesomeness.
Yes it would. Carolina could have released other guys instead of him. He was their only receiver. Steve Smith isn't as good as Muhammed.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2005, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Arnaz
Eagles want him...bad!
And they'll probably get him. They definitely have the cap room.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 06:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign with the Eagles. All the Eagle representatives at the Pro Bowl were talking to him about playing in Philly. Although Atlanta should make a run at him to give Vick some firepower at the WR spot.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2005, 07:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6889

INDIANAPOLIS - The Bears on Saturday addressed one of their most pressing needs by agreeing to terms on a multi-year contract with All-Pro wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad.
Muhammad, who spent his first nine seasons with the Carolina Panthers, had 93 receptions for an NFL-best 1,405 yards and 16 touchdowns in 2004. The Panthers released the 31-year-old Friday to avoid paying a $10 million roster bonus on March 1.

Getty Images
All-Pro wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad caught 16 TD passes last season for the Carolina Panthers.
"He was right at the top of our list," said Bears general manager Jerry Angelo. "He's a Pro Bowl receiver. His accomplishments speak for themselves. He certainly fit a need."

The agreement was reached in the wee hours of Saturday morning at the NFL combine in Indianapolis.

"The good thing is the timing was good because everybody's under one roof here at the hotel," Angelo said. "His agent was here and we were able to visit with him. We met through the night and got it done."

Muhammad, arguably the premier free agent wide receiver available this offseason, holds Carolina's career receiving records with 578 catches for 7,751 yards and is tied with tight end Wesley Walls with 44 TDs.

"He's a guy who makes plays," said Bears receivers coach Darryl Drake. "He just brings a lot of experience and savvy and a lot of intangibles to the organization that you just can't coach.

"I'm excited about him coming in at this point in time being involved in a new offense and getting himself established and helping us reach the goals that we want to reach as a team."

Muhammad attracted interest from several teams before agreeing to terms with the Bears less than 24 hours after being released by the Panthers.

"I think it says that we're serious about improving our team and making a serious run," said coach Lovie Smith. "We've identified some places where we thought we needed more players. Receiver was one of those, and to be able to get a player like this will definitely help to get some momentum going into the rest of free agency and the draft."

Muhsin Muhammad celebrates a TD catch against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
A 1996 second-round pick from Michigan State, Muhammad played in 125 games with 113 starts for the Panthers. He has been voted to two Pro Bowls and was named All-Pro last season.

"He's a big, physical guy," Angelo said. "He's got a lot of toughness. He takes that on the field, not only as a receiver but as a blocker.

A seasoned veteran with leadership ability, Muhammad figures to be a steadying influence on the Bears' young receiving corps.

"He's very mature," Angelo said. "He has a presence, from what we understand, in the locker room as well. We're hoping that that's infectious, particularly with our younger guys."

Muhammad's 1,405 yards and 16 TDs both would be Bears franchise marks. Single-season record-holders currently are Marcus Robinson, who had 1,400 yards in 1999, and Ken Kavanaugh (1947) and Dick Gordon (1970), who each had 13 TD receptions.

The lack of a true No. 1 receiver last season contributed to an offense that ranked last in the NFL in total yards, passing yards and scoring. Bears wide receivers David Terrell (42-699-1), Bobby Wade (42-481-0), Bernard Berrian (15-225-2) and Justin Gage (12-156-0) combined for just 111 receptions, 1,561 yards and 3 TDs.

"We targeted players at certain positions, particularly on offense," Angelo said. "We're excited about the prospects of a player of his caliber coming here. We're anxious to get him on board."
-Tiga- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2005, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

The lack of a number one reciever was not the reason Chicago couldn't throw the ball. They have no QB, and haven't had on in decades. They will still have no passing game next season.

Muhammed should have rejected the Bears.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

If he was gonna go to any NFC north team not in Wisconsin, im glad it was Chicago
Old 27 Feb 2005, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
S-M-O-K-E

Sleepy Gorilla will become famous soon enough

Carolina didn't lose a lot with STeve Smith coming back, and a rising Keary Colbert. Muhammad would have costed 10 million more bucks. The panthers were right in letting him out.

Now the Bears, they will most likely get Warner, with an ok o-line. This will create a good opportunity for the Offense to get lifted up w/ also Moose.
DISCLAIMER: These are MY opinions. They are, in no way, meant to reflect on the board, moderators, family members, pets, manatee, or plants. If you don't like my opinions, kiss my ass. I can have them, just like you can. Have a nice effin day.

Allways Feeling so uncomfortable, and the situation tends to be predictable.
Sleepy Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2005, 01:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Brooks
Now the Bears, they will most likely get Warner, with an ok o-line. This will create a good opportunity for the Offense to get lifted up w/ also Moose.
But Chicago has to get a QB first. They always fuck that up.

Late.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

^
You don't think Grossman can be the man?
Old 27 Feb 2005, 04:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I think Grossman will be fine if he can stay healthy. As a Bears fan i like the signing, but the only downside is that the Bears prob won't draft MW now.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2005, 05:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

grossman was a good upcoming QB you cant blame his injury it happens a lot in sports i think once hes back and is able to play again he will be just fine.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote