ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Vikings sold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2005, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Vikings sold

Fowler to buy Vikings, will be first black owner
Arizona entrepreneur Reggie Fowler will buy the Minnesota Vikings from Red McCombs.

ESPN.com news services
- MINNEAPOLIS -- Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler has agreed to buy the Minnesota Vikings in a deal that would make him the NFL's first black owner.

Owner Red McCombs announced the deal, which will need approval from other league owners, on Monday.

Fowler's bid is reported to be in the range of $625 million.

He would become the first black majority owner in NFL history. The only other minorities who own the majority of a major American sports franchise are Robert Johnson of the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats and Arte Moreno of baseball's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

"Owning an NFL team was a dream of mine," McCombs said. He bought the Vikings in 1998 for $246 million.

Lack of progress on a new stadium soured him on ownership and precipitated the sale.

Fowler said he has plans for a stadium but declined to detail specifics. He said the team would not be moved.

Fowler said his group includes three additional partners, whom he declined to name.

League rules require 24 of the 32 owners to approve a sale. The NFL also mandates that a general partner must put down 30 percent of the cash portion of any franchise purchase, and little is known about Fowler's personal wealth -- though the Arizona Republic reported Saturday that he's worth more than $400 million.

Under league rules, the new owners are not allowed to be involved in the running of the team until the deal is done, McCombs said.

"We'll be running the team tomorrow just like we did Friday," McCombs said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Copyright 2005 ABC News Internet Ventures

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ESPNSports/story?id=499029
Old 14 Feb 2005, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

I hope he moves them and they end up in the AFC. The less they play the Packers, the less I am scared of losing to them.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2005, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Attitude
I hope he moves them and they end up in the AFC. The less they play the Packers, the less I am scared of losing to them.
Even though they will never move, if it did end up happening they wouldn't even leave the NFC.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 03:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
StreetHistory.com

Street_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Attitude

Screw you, they're staying here to beat the Pack every year twice.

Good news here, McCombs is fucking idiot.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_History
Screw you, they're staying here to beat the Pack every year twice.

Good news here, McCombs is fucking idiot.
Yep. Yay for you. You are getting an Owner who is going to use all of his money to buy the team and will not have much money left over afterwards because he will be in so much debt (in fact, the deal may not go through because, he may need to borrow more money than the NFL currently allows their owners to borrow).

I wouldn't worry too much about this Bad Attitude. If fact, if i were you i would be praying to god every night that this goes through, because this guy will have NO MONEY and within a few years may bring the Vikes down to mediocrety. (not that they aren't their already, but they are still a force to be reckoned with every once in a while, which they prob won't be in a few years if this guy buys the team)

If i were you i would be more worried about Brett Farve leaving than the Vikes. I hope you guys have a decent QB to step in once he retires. Even though i have become somewhat of a bears fan since i moved to IL, i still like the Pack and would hate to see them fall too far.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2005, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The Vikes are going to be stripped of everything in the next couple years. They're going to lose a lot of players, starting with Moss and it's going to keep getting worse for them. They had such a long stretch where they could have done something special, but they never got over the hump. Oh well, send them to LA.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2005, 11:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

Fowler faces some major issues with the Vikes. First off what do you do about Moss? If you trade him are you gonna get fair value back? Secondly do you make a long term commitment to Mike Tice? Finally can he get a new stadium for the Vikes or move the team two things McCombs couldn't do since he brought the team.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2005, 03:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
StreetHistory.com

Street_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to allStreet_History is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Yep. Yay for you. You are getting an Owner who is going to use all of his money to buy the team and will not have much money left over afterwards because he will be in so much debt (in fact, the deal may not go through because, he may need to borrow more money than the NFL currently allows their owners to borrow).

I wouldn't worry too much about this Bad Attitude. If fact, if i were you i would be praying to god every night that this goes through, because this guy will have NO MONEY and within a few years may bring the Vikes down to mediocrety. (not that they aren't their already, but they are still a force to be reckoned with every once in a while, which they prob won't be in a few years if this guy buys the team)

If i were you i would be more worried about Brett Farve leaving than the Vikes. I hope you guys have a decent QB to step in once he retires. Even though i have become somewhat of a bears fan since i moved to IL, i still like the Pack and would hate to see them fall too far.

I think you missed something in the end, I'ma Vikings fan.

Moss won't be dealt, and if Fowler can't buy the team, then Glen Taylor, a multi billioniare will buy the team. If Fowler does buy the team, then Glen Taylor can buy my Twins, and fix them up a little.

The Vikings also are under the salary cap by $30 Million right now. It actually might be more with players not signed so far.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

i know your a Vikings fan. I was talking to Bad Attitude. The first paragraph was directed at you though.

It doesn't matter if they are under the cap 30 mil. If they don't have 30 mil to spend (or just won't spend it) they might as well be at thier cap limit.

I do beleive you are right about Moss though. With a new ownership and all i severly doubt that they want to deal their most talented player right away unless it is for straight cash.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote