ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

What is more impressive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2004, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default What is more impressive?

When a team breaks a record, or when a player breaks a record? Me and Steph are having a conversation on MSN, and she says it was easy for Shawn Green to hit 4 homeruns against the Brewers or whoever it was... and then she says people exaggerate with situations like when the Indians beat the Yankees 22-0.

What is your take on this?
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2004, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

My take is that she was being very biased towards the Yankees because she's a fan.

While both feats are impressive, I would say the Indians beating the Yanks as bad as they did, is more impressive. I say this because the Yankees are the Yankees, and something like happens very rarely. While 4 home runs in a game doesn't happen very often either, it's more possible for it to happen more often, than for a team to put up a big DEUCE DEUCE on the Yanks
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2004, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

No... I'm talking what is more impressive... a single player breaking a record, or an entire team breaking a record or completing a remarkable feat... I just put the Yankees vs Indians and Shawn Green situation out there as an example.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

It depends on the record and how long the record stood the test of time
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2004, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilman
It depends on the record and how long the record stood the test of time
Is that your final answer?

Old 25 Sep 2004, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

I said it was bigger feat for the indains to beat us like that. That was Yankees biggest loss in team history.

Shawn Green hit the 4 homers against the brewers on May 23. He was the second guy that season to do it.

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2004, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss New York
I said it was bigger feat for the indains to beat us like that. That was Yankees biggest loss in team history.
Uhm... not quite actually.

This is what you said :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by I knew it wasn't Grady's fault!
look at the indain game you think that would have been big if it was against the diamond backs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss New York
Shawn Green hit the 4 homers against the brewers on May 23. He was the second guy that season to do it.
Regardless, he hit 4 homeruns against a team, on his own, in one game... that's a spectacular feat anyway you look at it... maybe he didn't do it against the best pitching staff in the league, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he did it.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I say it is more impressive when a team sets a record. Because there odds are greater because you are dealing with more than one player. Like Manny and Ortiz this year.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote