ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Pro Sports Labour Talks: Who do you side with?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2004, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt
Default Pro Sports Labour Talks: Who do you side with?

When it comes to lockouts and the like.... who do you normally side with?
Why?

Do you think it should be illegal for lockouts to happen? I mean, without us fans, they'd have nothing anyways, no?
Old 17 Aug 2004, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I tend to side with the owners.....they are the ones shelling out the money to pay the players, yet the players always want more.....

I could go really in depth about contract/labor, retirement benefits and the like, but suffice it to say that I think most of the players unions have no grasp of reality and are doing a great job of driving the everyday fan out of the ability to even attend games.....

do I think it should be illegal for lockouts to happen?.....I don't think lockouts or strikes should be allowed, but that is because it does nothing but harm the fans' perceptions of the players and the owners......it becomes so played out in the media that nobody wins.....

for example.....

Donald Fehr is probably an allright guy, but the perception is that he is the scourge of the earth.....he is the downfall of baseball.....unless you are on the side of the players, and then Fehr is exalted and Bud Selig is the scourge.....

the reason that more strenuous drug testing isn't in baseball is because Don Fehr says that the owners must give up something, make a concession towards the players before he would ever present it to the players union......

Selig says that the owners may be willing to make a concession, but only after the players agree to stronger drug testing......

neither side takes into account that the fans, the players in general, and even the government just wants people like Bonds to go pee in a cup.....they each say that the other side must give up something.....what a load of K-rap.....

I'm rambling.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2004, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I don't know how anyone can side with the owners. I don't feel bad for any of the NHL owners right now. They fucked themselves over. 3 years ago they were handing out money like there was no tomorrow. Now their crying about it. Fuck them. They got themselves into this shit, and now us fans are going to pay for it. You can't blame anyone but the owners for big contracts.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

The people who run the arena. They get payed nill.