ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Owen passes Real Madrid physical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 2004, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Owen passes Real Madrid physical

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...Madrid+medical

Michael Owen is set to complete his whirlwind move to Real Madrid, with the Liverpool striker passing his medical on Friday evening.

The England international had indicated his desire to stay at Anfield this summer, but eventually plumped for a move abroad where he will play for one of football's most historic clubs.

Owen will be unveiled to the press on Saturday, when he will complete the 8 million cash-plus-player move.

Real Madrid now have a wealth of attacking options, with Owen joining the likes of Raul, Fernando Morientes and Ronaldo in competing for a slot in the side.

The diminutive striker had a disappointing Euro 2004 for England, but his impact for Liverpool can not be overlooked.

Two goals against Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup final turned a game that had looked to be beyond The Reds, and Owen has been a firm favourite with the fans since scoring on his debut against Wimbledon.

Real Madrid have missed out on another Premiership star in Patrick Vieira this week, but Owen becomes their second English player at the club along with England captain David Beckham.

Liverpool will receive Antonio Nunez as part of the deal, but new manager Rafa Benitez will quickly look to reinvest the cash as he looks to put his own stamp on the side.

Owen has scored more than a goal every other game in the league, playing just shy of 300 games and notching over 150 goals.

================================================== =======

From the bottom of my Red heart, thank you Michael for the memories.

Antonio Nunez and Sylvain Wiltord are possible Red transfers.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 04:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I knew it was coming but Im still in shock and feeling a little betrayed.

Damn you michael..........youll be back in 12 months, just like rush

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2004, 05:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I do feel a little jilted. I mean he was supposed to be the man that led our beloved Reds back to the top of the Premiership but leaves like Beckham and he up and leaves.

But this is a new day in Liverpool soccer. We finally have a manager that can lead a team to the top, a French scoring stud in Cisse, one of the best midfielders in Steve Gerrard, the leading scorer in Euro 2004 in Milan Baros, a new hero in wating in Harry Kewell, good goaltending in Dudek and Kirkland and a defensive rock in Hyypia.

Good luck Mr. Owen but I can't wait for the Benitez era to begin.

Reds fans everywhere, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

edit Damn im getting misty eyed writing this
Old 14 Aug 2004, 05:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Im playing our tune on my cell phone right now.........it never fails to send a shiver down my spine.

Kickoff against tottenham in exactly 1 hour............GO THE REDS

Old 14 Aug 2004, 05:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

oops........and 15 minutes

Old 14 Aug 2004, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

First game ends in a 1-1 draw. Good news is that Cisse got in his first goal

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...=219529&cpid=8

And shane, yes You'll never walk alone does send shivers down my spine and tears in my eyes.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 04:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Plenty of chances again. But defence lets us down in the second half.

I was hoping we had improved that

Old 15 Aug 2004, 04:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

It sounded like that we tried to sit on the Cisse goal. Is this true?

I don't have any way to watch Liverpool, but I try to keep up as much as I can through forums, Sky Sports and the team site.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 04:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

I was at work but we had 68% of possesion in the first half and from the highlights I watched after getting home we gave up too much easy ball in the second

I think you might be right about protectiing the lead. Ill know more when I watch the replay monday