ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

USA Basketball Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2004, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default USA Basketball Team

All I've been hearing about the USA Olympic basketball team is that there not the "dream team", and won't put up a fight at the olympics. Well if anybody hasn't heard, they have a buch of good stars. Players like Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Richard Jefferson, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudemire, Dwyane Wade, ect. Not to mention a great coach in Larry Brown. So why is everyone so freaked out about the US team? Yes they did lose to Italy this past tuesday, but that's a training game. A game to let you get ready for the olympics. And trust me that was not the usual Larry Brown. As soon as the olympics come Larry Brown will be Larry Brown, hopefully the players will play better, and the US will win the gold medal again.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

They have good stars but they lack 2 big things.

1. There skill level is downright pathedic compared to the Italians from what I saw

2. They do not play as a team.
Old 04 Aug 2004, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
They do not play as a team.
No they don't.
Old 04 Aug 2004, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

no real point guard, nobody that can shoot from the outside to bust a zone.....typical NBA players from today's standpoint.....

Olympics they actually call traveling (which, just in case you don't know, is when more than two steps are taken without a dribble).....the last time Iverson didn't take more than two steps before dribbling he was just learning how to walk.....

they are superior athletically.....but not when it comes to fundamentals of the game.....

like I said....typical of today's NBA players.....I feel bad for Tim Duncan.....he's the only one on the team that appears to care about playing real basketball.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
no real point guard, nobody that can shoot from the outside to bust a zone.....typical NBA players from today's standpoint.....

Olympics they actually call traveling (which, just in case you don't know, is when more than two steps are taken without a dribble).....the last time Iverson didn't take more than two steps before dribbling he was just learning how to walk.....

they are superior athletically.....but not when it comes to fundamentals of the game.....

like I said....typical of today's NBA players.....I feel bad for Tim Duncan.....he's the only one on the team that appears to care about playing real basketball.....
You nailed it on the head. The fundementals are just downright sad,there were so many turnovers.

Charles Barkley and Al McGuire said at the 1996 games that it won't be long before the world has caught up to the US, turns out they were right.
Old 04 Aug 2004, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

That's one thing I noticed when watching the USA vs Italy game. Every other time the US had the ball they got a travling call. Hopefully that's one thing Larry Brown will help with is the fundamentals.
Old 04 Aug 2004, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

their a me me me team thay have too many chiefs and not enough indians