ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

High School Senior Dies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Aug 2004, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default High School Senior Dies

Credit Associated Press

Dallas - Eric Brown a 17 year old high school senior from Carter High School In Dallas, Texas died Monday after his high school football team's first practice. Brown who is 5'11" 275 lbs and plays center for the team got finished with practice around noon on Monday and went home where he became sick, according to a spokesman from the School District. Brown was said to be okay after practice but became ill once at home, and 911 was called by his sister. Brown died Monday afternoon at the Hospital. According to Brown's father, Edward Brown, he was said to have no pre-existing health problems, but his son had not taken a physical for the year either. No cause of death has been determined, but the fact that the temperature reached the mid 90's on Monday may have been a factor. According to the National Center for Catastrophic Sports Injury, 21 teenagers have died due to heat stroke the past eight years while playing football. There are reports that say Eric Brown and another player collapsed during practice and were iced down by players and coaches, according to his father.
__________________________________________________ _________

So what do you think, do high schools start to early with football practice?
Old 03 Aug 2004, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

seems like that happens all too often.....

I'd like to see high school football find a way to not push their ahtletes in the heat of the summer.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2004, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Its an alarming trend, the two big ones being Korey Stringer and Rashadi Wheeler.

As for your question, I think schools do not start too early with training. This time of year sounds right, but they need to use discrecion when training outdoors.
Old 03 Aug 2004, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I lived in Louisiana for 18 years untill years last year and you are right...it is an increasing trend. My prayers go out to this kids family.

As to the question about wheather or not high school football teams start too early, i have to say yes. Not only that, but a lot of high schools start too hard too fast. When i used to play a freind of mine got kicked off the team for refusing to go back to practice after one of our breaks saying he was dehydrated. It was 85 degrees out (gotta love south louisiana summers). Now granted, our coach was a fucking prick and after the guy's parents made a complaint to the athletic director the guy was allowed back on the team and practices became a hell of a lot more bearable. I hope this incedent raises some awareness to the situation.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote