ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

If you didn't already know, Tyson is a joke....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jul 2004, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
err If you didn't already know, Tyson is a joke....

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn.com
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Mike Tyson was knocked out in the fourth round Friday night in a shocking end to the latest comeback of the fighter who once was the most feared heavyweight of his era.

Unheralded British heavyweight Danny Williams landed a flurry of punches that sent Tyson sprawling into the ropes, perhaps ending his career with the same kind of fury that Tyson once unleashed on other fighters.

Williams, a heavy underdog, improved to 32-3 with 27 knockouts. Tyson, who was hoping to fight often and improbably regain his former glories to get out of millions in debt, fell to 50-5-2 with 44 KOs. The loss was Tyson's first in 41 non-title fights.
Full Article

Well, he has been on the decline for sometime now, but this is just the proverbial 'icing on the cake'. His career was a great one, but then the jailtime really killed him. He just wasn't the same when he got out. THen there was the Holyfield fiasco where he had a midfight snack Then the losses to Lennow Lewis. It's hard to see someone fall this far, when they were up so high....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 01:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I couldnt believe he was so short with the bookies to win.
I wasnt impressed in his previous fight because it only went 1 round so I didnt have a chance to see him last and the one before that was the hammering he took at the hands of lewis.

I agree stick about the jail time killing his career but truthfully he hasnt fought decently since before the buster douglas fight he lost. Which is over 10 years ago.

The fights I really liked him in was spinks, bruno and williams fights

Last edited by G O D; 31 Jul 2004 at 02:01 AM.
G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 02:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Tyson's troubles started way before he lost to douglas. That guy has never been right in the head. I don't really feel bad for him though. He somehow managed to blow a shit load of money. Maybe he can invent some sort of grill.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

it's funny, as i was feeling sorry for Williams having to face what i thought was a now well conditioned and ready Tyson
looks like i was dead wrong, as apparently throughout the fight Williams made Tyson his bitch.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

being heavyweight champion of the world.....300 million dollars....

seeing Tyson like this.....sad.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I Thought Tyson Would Roll...Guess I was Wrong..
Old 31 Jul 2004, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Tyson has been a joke for the last 10 years. The whole heavyweight division is a joke for that matter, nothing worth watching anymore.

He needs to just give up, he's too old and messed up the get his shit together.

Neither of the fighters looked good, Williams was out of shape fighting at like 260 lbs.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

word is now that Tyson tore a knee ligament in the first round.....

Old 31 Jul 2004, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

I want to see Tyson versus Roy Jones Jr.

Jones wanted it to happen... I think he would have to put on some weight to compete in the heavyweight class... I think he could beat the shit out of Tyson.

Although Roy is still Tarver's bitch...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think Roy will move up to heavyweight again, he didn't look like he was comfortable with the extra weight when he fought Ruiz.

If he did fight Tyson though it would just go 12 rounds unless Tyson landed a nice one on him because really I can't see Roy knocking him out.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

looks like Tyson didn't want to get up.....