ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Cardinals' complaints halt off-season workouts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2004, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Cardinals' complaints halt off-season workouts

Cardinals' complaints halt off-season workouts

The Arizona Cardinals have ended their off-season workouts a week early after a group of players complained to the the union that the team had violated league rules by working the players too hard.

NFL Executive Vice President Harold Henderson and Players Association Executive Director Gene Upshaw said the team violated rules on the intensity level and tempo of drills during voluntary workouts under new coach Dennis Green.
As a result, the Cardinals have forfeited the final week of their off-season program, which was scheduled to run through Friday. The team reports to training camp in Flagstaff Aug. 1.

"We're very respectful of the (collective bargaining agreement) and are taking the appropriate measures to make sure this does not re-occur," said Rod Graves, Cardinals vice president of football operations.

The Cardinals are the second team this year to give up voluntary workouts because of contract violations.

The New York Giants, who also have a new coach, Tom Coughlin, were told in May that the team had to give up two days of their offseason program because of violations on the length of workouts and the scheduling of classroom sessions.

tsn.com
------------------------

It always cracks me up when I hear about stuff like this. What a bunch of pussy's. These guys don't get paid millions of dollars for nothing. And its pretty bad when THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL is complaining. I would be working their ass like no tomorrow too. They deserve to suck.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's

The Cardinals are my team since 1991, no matter how bad they are. They're my boys. But they won't have a winning team like that.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well its good to see your a sports fan and espically a football fan. We need as many as we can get.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Well its good to see your a sports fan and espically a football fan. We need as many as we can get.
Oh yeah, count me in.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I was curious if you pull for Arizona or ASU? Because this situation sounds a lot like the John Mackovic one.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 11:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
You are beneath me

I never really got into college sports, but the foundation is the same. I want Arizona teams to win.

In the case of the Cardinals, it may just be that Greene went over the line. But if so, it's because he see's how much work needs to be put into the team to turn it around.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Personally I don't think both men (Green or Mack) went over the line.

John, Tom Coughlin and Denny are trying to do their jobs, if it hurts the players, big fucking deal. You know there are countless men that would give up their nuts just to get a sniff at the NFL or pro sports for that matter and the players bitch about voluntary workouts. The old timers were right, this generation is too soft.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Coleman
Personally I don't think both men (Green or Mack) went over the line.

John, Tom Coughlin and Denny are trying to do their jobs, if it hurts the players, big fucking deal. You know there are countless men that would give up their nuts just to get a sniff at the NFL or pro sports for that matter and the players bitch about voluntary workouts. The old timers were right, this generation is too soft.
I agree.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 05:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Just something that crossed my mind...

Korey Stringer died of a heat stroke in training camp... and who was his coach? Dennis Green... and who is the coach of the team that complains about being overworked? Dennis Green...

I'm not saying that being overworked is ok, or that the team should not speak out... but I think a big part of players being so tired during workouts this time of year is because they don't take care of their body during the off-season... they just expect to get to training and whip themselves into shape... nope, not gonna happen... not in that weather anyways...

Last edited by Alth; 16 Jul 2004 at 06:02 AM.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2004, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
Just something that crossed my mind...

Korey Stringer died of a heat stroke in training camp... and who was his coach? Dennis Green... and who is the coach of the team that complains about being overworked? Dennis Green...

I'm not saying that being overworked is ok, or that the team should not speak out... but I think a big part of players being so tired during workouts this time of year is because they don't take care of their body during the off-season... they just expect to get to training and whip themselves into shape... nope, not gonna happen... not in that weather anyways...
I don't know what you've been watching or reading, but those NFL players work out all the time.

You actually think they sit on their ass until the summer rolls around?
Old 16 Jul 2004, 10:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
I don't know what you've been watching or reading, but those NFL players work out all the time.

You actually think they sit on their ass until the summer rolls around?
Yeah, the good ones stay in shape year round... but then you have those fatass offensive and defensive lineman who can't run 10 yards without breaking out a sweat...
Old 16 Jul 2004, 11:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
Yeah, the good ones stay in shape year round... but then you have those fatass offensive and defensive lineman who can't run 10 yards without breaking out a sweat...
Your an idiot.

Those linemen will be in better shape then you ever will be.
Old 17 Jul 2004, 02:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Your an idiot.

Those linemen will be in better shape then you ever will be.
Lol, Rebel, continuing to pick fights with me is getting pretty old.

So, you're saying a 350 pound lineman with their gut hanging over their belt is in better shape than me? Or than I ever will be?

The only workout you get is playing hockey for 1 season a year... the rest of the year you spend drinking...

You don't exactly look like you have an incredible physique, so, why are you talking about someone else?
Old 17 Jul 2004, 08:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Let It Roll

I'm not picking fights with you. I'm telling you facts. They are in better shape then you. And i'll tell you right now, I'm in bad shape. I know that. So whatever your trying to do isn't pissing me off. I have the worst stamia in the world. Just go play some football first. Or wait...go watch some football first. Your not as smart as you think you are. I don't know what you think, but those linemen just don't go rub against eachother.

Last edited by Rebel; 17 Jul 2004 at 08:15 AM.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
I'm not picking fights with you. I'm telling you facts.
Calling me an idiot is an opinion.

Quote:
And i'll tell you right now, I'm in bad shape.
No shit?

Quote:
So whatever your trying to do isn't pissing me off.
Who said I was trying to piss you off? You just continue to egg me on into a fight in various threads... so I figured, why not defend myself?

Quote:
Just go play some football first. Or wait...go watch some football first. Your not as smart as you think you are. I don't know what you think, but those linemen just don't go rub against eachother.
I know any NFL player is stronger than me, seeing as I'm 16... that's obvious... but a lot of those offensive lineman aren't... all they do is eat and bench press... my workout is a lot more broad than that. So don't try to give me advice on what I should be trying to do to stay in shape.

I know they get real physical down there... I never said they don't... it's the fact that if you look at them, and call them in shape, you obviously know nothing about fitness...