ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Vazquez, Lo Duca - replacement All-Stars...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2004, 04:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Vazquez, Lo Duca - replacement All-Stars...

New York Yankees pitcher Javier Vazquez and Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Paul Lo Duca were added to the All-Star teams Thursday as replacements for injured players.

Vazquez takes the spot of Oakland Athletics right-hander Tim Hudson, giving New York eight players on the 32-man AL squad.

The last team to have eight All-Stars was the 2001 Seattle Mariners. Before that, no club had eight All-Stars since the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates.

Hudson is on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique muscle.

Yankees manager Joe Torre, who will manage the AL All-Stars, said the roster opening was offered first to Boston ace Pedro Martinez, who declined the invitation.

"He had made other plans, I guess," Torre said. "I didn't make the decision. We went with the list and Vazquez was next on the list after Pedro passed."

Lo Duca replaces Cincinnati Reds first baseman Sean Casey, on the DL with a strained right calf.

Full story here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vazques - Wow, Yankee + All-Star team? Whoda thunk it...

Lo Duca - Honestly, if you ask me to say what comes to mind first when you say "washed up", I would probably say Paul Lo Duca, I honestly didn't think he was around anymore, and haven't been following the MLB individual statistics close enough this year to know better...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote