ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Derek Jeter is so OVER fuckin RATED....
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2004, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PG Reppin'
Posts: 28,820
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Rep Power: 7819
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Derek Jeter is so OVER fuckin RATED....

His numbers are awful. I don't know what they are off hand, but I know they suck.


People talk about other things he does, like defensive plays. An example is the one he made against Boston, the game that is being called a classic. Everyone seems to be thinking the diving catch into the stand was so great.


I ask you, 'why?'


He caught the ball in FAIR territory, but kept running and then dove into the stands. Was that necessary? No. He could have stopped. He caught the ball with plenty of time to stop, but he didn't.


Pokey Reese made a catch falling into the stands, which in my opinion is a lot better. No one seems to say that though, because Derek Jeter went flying into the stands.


I hate Jeter. Everyone rides his dick cuz he goes flying into the stands when he didn't have to. Get off his cock and stop worshipping him
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2004, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PG Reppin'
Posts: 28,820
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Rep Power: 7819
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default

So no one here disagrees with me? I knew everyone would see it my way
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2004, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
And yet I fight...
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,179
Rep Power: 129
Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default

Who is going to disagree with you? Derek Jeter is a Yankee... everyone hates the Yankee's except the people that live in New York... so, wait until The Boss sees this thread.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2004, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!
 
Ricky Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,824
Rep Power: 56
Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby
Default

^^
Amen to that.

Stick, I like you and all, but I disagree with you on this. Jeter is a gold glove shortstop. That play versus Boston was amazing. He caught the ball in fair territory, yes, but to the left of third base at Yankee Stadium, there's only about 7-10 feet of space before the stands. A 6'2", 200 lbs. man running at full speed can't stop in 7 feet, no way. What else would he have done? Slid into the cement under the padding and shattered his ankle? He had to dive into the stands, it was unavoidable. Also, that game isn't considered classic just because of the play. Yeah, the play kicked ass, but the Yanks came back in the 13th down by 1 and won, that's what makes it a classic. Any game between those two teams that goes that long and is that close, and has that much action in every inning should be considered classic.

Sure, his numbers aren't great this year, but he's getting better. Everyone's used to him hitting .300 with 20 homers and 95 RBI's, but he's just having an off year. Everyone does. Look at Ichiro. He won the AL MVP and Rookie of the Year awards in 2001, and then disappeared for the last two years. No one really said anything about him

I know everyone hates the Yankees, but don't hate a player just because he's on a certain team. I mean, I like a lot of players on opposing teams, but Yankee hate is just rediculous...everyone's just jealous...
__________________
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2004, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
And yet I fight...
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,179
Rep Power: 129
Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default

Sorry, can't keep my mouth shut on this...


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
Stick, I like you and all, but I disagree with you on this. Jeter is a gold glove shortstop. That play versus Boston was amazing. He caught the ball in fair territory, yes, but to the left of third base at Yankee Stadium, there's only about 7-10 feet of space before the stands. A 6'2", 200 lbs. man running at full speed can't stop in 7 feet, no way. What else would he have done? Slid into the cement under the padding and shattered his ankle? He had to dive into the stands, it was unavoidable. Also, that game isn't considered classic just because of the play. Yeah, the play kicked ass, but the Yanks came back in the 13th down by 1 and won, that's what makes it a classic. Any game between those two teams that goes that long and is that close, and has that much action in every inning should be considered classic.
As far as catching the ball in fair territory and falling into the stands, I can understand that, players go a little overboard sometimes to make the play appear more flashy, sometimes it works out, sometimes it goes wrong. I honestly don't get how any team can compete with the Yankees... they have a $200,000,000 payroll, and are by far the powerhouse team in the MLB, any game that someone can actually beat them in or come close to them should be considered a classic... in my opinion at least...


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
Sure, his numbers aren't great this year, but he's getting better. Everyone's used to him hitting .300 with 20 homers and 95 RBI's, but he's just having an off year. Everyone does. Look at Ichiro. He won the AL MVP and Rookie of the Year awards in 2001, and then disappeared for the last two years. No one really said anything about him
Because Derek is a Yankee, they are expected to perform... and when they don't, it makes it all that much more funny to laugh at... especially when you find out how much money he's making to have an "off-year". Ichiro won the MVP the same year his team dominated the MLB... the next year his team was back to normal Seattle Mariner level, and so was he... nothing surprising there, so why make a big deal out of it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
I know everyone hates the Yankees, but don't hate a player just because he's on a certain team. I mean, I like a lot of players on opposing teams, but Yankee hate is just rediculous...everyone's just jealous...
Stick doesn't hate Jeter just because he's on the Yankees, he never even mentioned the Yankees... it's the fact that he's worshipped because he's suppose to be some legendary player... shit... put me in that lineup, #2 in the batting order, starting shortstop in Yankee Stadium... I will clean house every fucking night... he's not even that great of a shortstop either, but then again, you always have the fact that he has 4 championship rings to fall back on.

Jealous? Not quite... more like annoyed... every owner in the league can do what Steinbrenner is doing, they just choose not to, because Steinbrenner is a bully, he's ruining what competition is left in baseball... and at this rate, free-agency will become a non-factor in baseball by 2007... oh, but then again, we're all just jealous.

Last edited by Alth; 08 Jul 2004 at 08:44 PM.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2004, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PG Reppin'
Posts: 28,820
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Rep Power: 7819
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default

Nice post Coder



I was having this debate with One last night on AIM. I guess he was too scared to defend Jeter here, cuz deep down he knows I'm right.


Quote:
Jeter is a gold glove shortstop.
Hardly. Who has dominated the gold gloves over in the AL for the past decade? Oh yeah, some guy named OMAR VIZQUEL. He only has a defensive gem every single night he's on the field. Defensively, Omar > Jeter.


Quote:
That play versus Boston was amazing. He caught the ball in fair territory, yes, but to the left of third base at Yankee Stadium, there's only about 7-10 feet of space before the stands. A 6'2", 200 lbs. man running at full speed can't stop in 7 feet, no way. What else would he have done? Slid into the cement under the padding and shattered his ankle? He had to dive into the stands, it was unavoidable.
He could have stopped. He just chose to be flashy like always Oh yes, and he SHOULD slid in and shattered his ankles. I would have LOVED that. Too bad he only had a cut and a bruise


Quote:
Also, that game isn't considered classic just because of the play. Yeah, the play kicked ass, but the Yanks came back in the 13th down by 1 and won, that's what makes it a classic. Any game between those two teams that goes that long and is that close, and has that much action in every inning should be considered classic.
Doesn't it get a little tiring that everything the Yankees do nowadays is considered classic? There have been games this year between other teams that went 13+ innings, and no one was raving it was a classic. But as soon as the Yankees do it, "ALL HAIL THE MLB'S ONLY GODLY TEAM!!!"


Quote:
Sure, his numbers aren't great this year, but he's getting better. Everyone's used to him hitting .300 with 20 homers and 95 RBI's, but he's just having an off year. Everyone does. Look at Ichiro. He won the AL MVP and Rookie of the Year awards in 2001, and then disappeared for the last two years. No one really said anything about him
Wanna know why his numbers aren't great? Because a lot of the players that surrounded him are gone. He got pitches to see and hit, and now he doesn't so he's revealed for the schmuck he is. Oh and stick to the topic, this isn't about Ichiro


If you take Derek Jeter before he became a Yankee, throw him on any middle of the pack team, he's nothing today. He doesn't become some guy worshipped by all of NY City (except Queens). He doesn't become a 4-time world champion. He doesn't get any of the accolades. He's just some Joe Nobody that has average statistics on a below average team.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2004, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!
 
Ricky Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,824
Rep Power: 56
Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
As far as catching the ball in fair territory and falling into the stands, I can understand that, players go a little overboard sometimes to make the play appear more flashy, sometimes it works out, sometimes it goes wrong.
Well, the thing is, he wasn't trying to showboat there, he tried to make the play. It was actually a crucial play, I think the bases were loaded, and if the ball wasn't caught, they would have most likely lost the game...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
I honestly don't get how any team can compete with the Yankees... they have a $200,000,000 payroll, and are by far the powerhouse team in the MLB, any game that someone can actually beat them in or come close to them should be considered a classic... in my opinion at least...
Well, that's why they play the games...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
Because Derek is a Yankee, they are expected to perform... and when they don't, it makes it all that much more funny to laugh at... especially when you find out how much money he's making to have an "off-year". Ichiro won the MVP the same year his team dominated the MLB... the next year his team was back to normal Seattle Mariner level, and so was he... nothing surprising there, so why make a big deal out of it?
Well, having a slump and an off-year are completely different...my fault on wording that incorrectly. Also, the Mariners didn't really dominate the league that year, they didn't win the Series, did they? Well, you say Ichiro wasn't expected to have a great year (basically), then how is it any different then Jeter having a sub-par season?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
he's not even that great of a shortstop
Not that great of a shortstop? What the fuck? Bro, he's in the top 2 best shortstops of our time. Let's take a look at his career stats (1995-2003)

Year Ag Tm Lg G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG
1996 22 NYY AL 157 582 104 183 25 6 10 78 14 7 48 102 .314 .370 .430
1997 23 NYY AL 159 654 116 190 31 7 10 70 23 12 74 125 .291 .370 .405
1998 24 NYY AL 149 626 127 203 25 8 19 84 30 6 57 119 .324 .384 .481
1999 25 NYY AL 158 627 134 219 37 9 24 102 19 8 91 116 .349 .438 .552
2000 26 NYY AL 148 593 119 201 31 4 15 73 22 4 68 99 .339 .416 .481
2001 27 NYY AL 150 614 110 191 35 3 21 74 27 3 56 99 .311 .377 .480
2002 28 NYY AL 157 644 124 191 26 0 18 75 32 3 73 114 .297 .373 .421
2003 29 NYY AL 119 482 87 156 25 3 10 52 11 5 43 88 .324 .393 .450

9 Seasons (1995-2003 Average)
Games-1212
At Bats- 4870
Runs- 926
Hits- 1546
2B- 239
3B- 41
HR- 127
RBI- 615
SB- 178
CS-48
BB- 513
SO- 873
BA- .317
OBP- .389
SLG- .462

Those numbers make a not even that great shortstop? I think not. Plus, the guy's clutch as hell in situations, and he always does great in the postseason.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
Jealous? Not quite... more like annoyed... every owner in the league can do what Steinbrenner is doing, they just choose not to, because Steinbrenner is a bully, he's ruining what competition is left in baseball.
I don't think every owner can get all the great players in baseball. The Expos? Devil Rays? Twins? Nope. The reason the Yankees have all the money is because they have a huge fanbase. They're the most well-known team in the world. And because they have a large fanbase, they make lots of money, which translates into good players, which translates into championships. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of getting all the elite players, I mean, look at their 1996 championship team. Guys like Tino Martinez, consistently great, underrated players who helped carry the weight on that team. There were no major superstars on that team. But Eventually, the Yankees got the area's attention, and money started to rake in. That's how we're here today. You say he's runing competition in baseball...they still play the games, don't they? The Yankees can't win every game, it's near impossible. That's why we don't win every time versus the Devil Rays, etc., because you can't expect a team to go out every day and perform 100%...it's not possible.
__________________
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2004, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!
 
Ricky Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,824
Rep Power: 56
Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby
Default

shit...the stats didn't come out the right way...whatever, you see the point...
__________________
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2004, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,179
Rep Power: 129
Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
Well, the thing is, he wasn't trying to showboat there, he tried to make the play. It was actually a crucial play, I think the bases were loaded, and if the ball wasn't caught, they would have most likely lost the game...
Neither you or I know if he really intended to dive into the stands to make the play look better, so you can't really say that he wasn't trying to showboat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
Well, that's why they play the games...
Your... point... there... was?


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
Well, having a slump and an off-year are completely different...my fault on wording that incorrectly. Also, the Mariners didn't really dominate the league that year, they didn't win the Series, did they? Well, you say Ichiro wasn't expected to have a great year (basically), then how is it any different then Jeter having a sub-par season?
They dominated the regular season, which is what he won the MVP award for... he didn't win the award for MVP of the World Series. Jeter is a Yankee, they are expected to produce, why do you think they recieve so much money in their contracts? That's what I'm trying to get through to you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
Not that great of a shortstop? What the fuck? Bro, he's in the top 2 best shortstops of our time. Let's take a look at his career stats (1995-2003)
Jeter is no way in hell in the top 2... maybe the top 10, but not 2... his statistics are above average, but like I said, put me in that lineup, and I'll fucking tear it up every night... Jeter is nothing special...


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
Those numbers make a not even that great shortstop? I think not. Plus, the guy's clutch as hell in situations, and he always does great in the postseason.
He only performs well because he has an All-Star team surrounding him... I can only really think of 2 great plays he has made... the one last year when he kind of pitched the ball to the catcher (which he looked like a fuckinb balerina doing), and the play against Boston last week...


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
I don't think every owner can get all the great players in baseball. The Expos? Devil Rays? Twins? Nope. The reason the Yankees have all the money is because they have a huge fanbase. They're the most well-known team in the world. And because they have a large fanbase, they make lots of money, which translates into good players, which translates into championships. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of getting all the elite players, I mean, look at their 1996 championship team. Guys like Tino Martinez, consistently great, underrated players who helped carry the weight on that team. There were no major superstars on that team. But Eventually, the Yankees got the area's attention, and money started to rake in. That's how we're here today. You say he's runing competition in baseball...they still play the games, don't they? The Yankees can't win every game, it's near impossible. That's why we don't win every time versus the Devil Rays, etc., because you can't expect a team to go out every day and perform 100%...it's not possible.
Not only fan base... but the size of the city is very important, and we all know New York is a lot larger than some of the other cities, such as Minneapolis... they have dominated free-agency for a while, so I have no idea what you're talking about saying their 1996 team didn't have any real stars on it... the Yankees have been dominate since the 30's... so don't even say their fan base started to grow recently, and that's why all the big names are coming to their team... the fact is, George is greedy, and he'll spend whatever it takes to win, and the wrath of God comes down on the players that fail to produce him a championship. What does them still playing have to do with anything? They ruin it because they take all the up and coming players and already established players, open up their checkbook, and outbid all of the other teams... out of greed... their coaching staff is shit, otherwise they would win a lot more often. Not from the Yankees, no. Their ego's are too big, if someone feels they didn't get a commercial they deserved, they will feel sorry for themselves for a couple weeks, and go on an off-streak.

Let's not make this an argument about George Steinbrenner and the Yankees, ok? This is an argument about Derek Jeter and why people must kiss his ass so much.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2004, 01:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Give it To Me..
 
The_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Charlottesville Va.
Posts: 14,488
Rep Power: 2568
The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default

Was The Catch Overboard?...Certainly...Does Jeter get extra props because he's a Yankee?..Yes....I think he still could be quite good on another Team..The Man's a Proven Winner..True..He's got the Best Team In Baseball behind him..but still..thats not his fault....But Derek Jeter over the Past Decade Has Benn the Yankees..He's Clutch..especially in the World Series..and He Had A Slow Start this year..with that being said..he still could hit 300..he's on pace for 26-30 homers..and could reach 90 RBI's..and He's The Leader of The Yankees Infield..Is he God like some people say?...No Of Course Not..But The Majority of Baseball Fans know he's not The Best Player in Baseball...Does that make him overated?..I dunno..it's all a matter of personal opinon.
__________________
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2004, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!
 
Ricky Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,824
Rep Power: 56
Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby
Default

Alright, here. Look at Jeter in 1996, 1997, before the Yankees were the true powerhouse. He didn't have an all-star lineup like they do now. He still performed greatly. And also, I was saying how the fan base had grown more around 1994, when they started to win, because before that, the Yankees were a last place team all throughout the 80's. And I'm not making it an arguement over the Yankees or George, you brought it up.
__________________
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2004, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5827
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Derek Jeter can go fuck himself. I don't care about his numbers, I just hate his guts.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 12:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath
 
Stephie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: on a Little Rock
Posts: 7,119
Rep Power: 908
Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie
Default

From somebody who was there, how fast Derek was running there was no way he could just stop. The Thing is Derek had the sense to come out of nowhere to make the catch, just like he did the flip. A-rod is right there at third base, I don't remember seing him diving into the stands to make the catch.


The yankees don't like losing and we especially don't like losing to the red sox.
__________________
"I wanted to destory something beautiful"

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 10:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!
 
Ricky Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,824
Rep Power: 56
Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby
Default

^^
About the A-Rod thing....usually, a ball in that area is a shortstop's ball. THe third baseman would have to run straight back, while the shortstop can make the catch on an angle, which is much easier. I mean, that play certainly wasn't easy, but that was the whole mentality behind it
__________________
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Derek Jeter ADMITS He's Gay.. Tri Off-Topic 19 25 Sep 2005 02:08 AM
Derek Fisher to the Warriors... Alth Sports 1 16 Jul 2004 01:30 PM
Over-rated, Under-rated, and Most Valuable Indy Star 13Tazzmission13 General Wrestling 0 18 Sep 2003 07:47 PM
Is Jeter Overrated? Rebel Sports 6 07 Jul 2003 02:54 PM
Jeter going on the DL. STICK Sports 8 09 Apr 2003 10:04 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.