ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

The Charlotte Bobcats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2004, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
S-M-O-K-E

Sleepy Gorilla will become famous soon enough
confused The Charlotte Bobcats

As a long time Charlotte resident and sportsfan, I am very excited about our new franchise. I know not to expect too much from them as an expansion team in their first year, but I feel they can still get hold of some big name players. But I don't know who they would get, and If anyone has any opinions, please respond. This thread is basically about anything dealing with the Bobcats.
Sleepy Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, they don't have a point guard after the expansion draft.....they didn't draft any name players during the expansion draft either.....they did trade up for the second overall pick, so they should end up with a big man.....

they will battle the Bulls for the worst team in basketball and probably win in the neighborhood of 20 games, but I wouldn't expect to see much from them if I were a fan.....they aren't going to sign anybody huge, just because they would have to give max money for a someone to come in.....I just can't see them being insane enough to give this year's crop of free agents max money.....

I'll get a list of the free agents to be and see, but you know someone like Kobe wouldn't go to an expansion franchise, so the next big name is someone like Rasheed Wallace.....and if they give Wallace max money, they are not starting on the right foot.....he doesn't want to be a superstar.....

look for some trades to help other teams clear cap space, as I can see them trading for a Raef Lafrentz type player.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
so the next big name is someone like Rasheed Wallace.....and if they give Wallace max money, they are not starting on the right foot.....he doesn't want to be a superstar.....
After the type of reaction 'sheed got at the parade in detroit, he's not gunna leave. Plus he wants another nba title and there's really no team that can pay him the money and win the title, other than detroit.

The Bobcats could max out and give Kobe a one-year deal. They also could give Kenyon Martin an offer, but they wont be able to sign him sence he is a restricted free agent. New Jersey will just give him a better offer. Another thing they could do is draft Dwight Howard, and try to trade him for Shaq, but i think the best thing for the Bobcats to do is to not trade Howard, and try to build a franchise around him. Plus there's no way L.A. is going to trade a superstar for a rookie. L.A. will get someone like Peja Stojakovic or Dirk Nowitzki. But the bottom line is, Charlotte will not be very good next year, mabey in a couple of years if they do some trading and drafting, but not in the immedeate future.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

hah.....Shaq would veto that trade in a heartbeat, on top of the fact that it would take way more than just a high school rookie to make the Lakers even consider a trade....

the Pistons can't max out on Wallace either.....

as far as the Kobe thing.....there is no possible way that Kobe Bryant would sign with an expansion team.....he'll get max money wherever he goes, and any contender will want him.....he would be ignorant to even dream about going to Charlotte.....especially for a one year deal.....

word is as well that Howard is probably going to the Magic at #1 now.....so it would probably be Okafur at #2.....

Old 23 Jun 2004, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Does anyone else remember a thread about the name of this team?
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2004, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

yeah, I do.....don't remember when it was though.....