ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Hull done in Detroit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2004, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Hull done in Detroit

Hull not in Red Wings future plans

TSN.ca Staff

6/11/2004

The Detroit Red Wings are not expected to offer Brett Hull a new contract for next season, according to the Detroit Free Press.

General manager Ken Holland tells the newspaper that the uncertainty over the new collective bargaining agreement means the team will not be doing anything in the short-term when it comes to Hull.

"Some of the things we're looking at, it certainly leaves us in a situation where we don't know what direction we're going to head," said Holland. "But for now, we don't have anything for him, and I don't know if we'll have anything for him in the future.

"I said to Brett, 'I don't know what the future's going to bring.'"

Hull had 25 goals and 68 points with the Red Wings this past season - the first time he has failed to tally 30 goals since the 1999 season with the Dallas Stars. In three seasons with the Red Wings, Hull scored 92 goals and currently sits third in NHL history with 741 career goals.

"He gave us goal-scoring, superstar name recognition. It was a great three years," said Holland.

"Unfortunately we didn't have a very good playoff, there's going to be a new CBA, and also we're trying to get more speed."

Hull, who will be 40 in August, will become an unrestricted free agent in July. He earned $5-million this season with Detroit.

Holland also says the Red Wings will not offer Steve Thomas a new contract. The 40 year old was signed by Detroit in November but was limited to just 10 goals in 44 games due to injury.

Holland says the Red Wings are still talking with the agent for Brendan Shanahan, who has a $6.5-million option for next season. It's believed the team will bring him back if he agrees to a pay cut.
------------------------------------

Well he's either going to Dallas or St.Louis. I would love him back in Dallas. He even said himself that he wants to play there again. And he does live in Dallas in the offseason. It would cost the Stars Arnott and Bure though. But i'm willing to part with them for Hull.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I was watching TSN a couple days ago and heres the rumours they were talking about ...

Hull to Dallas
Arnott and Guerin to Florida
Shanahan to Toronto
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Arnott and Guerin make sense. I really don't want Guein gone though. For a long time now there have been rumors about Arnott going to Flordia. Like since last years trade dead line (like 2003 deadline). If Dallas does get rid of those two though, there either going to need to re-sign Bure, and sign someone else. Or there going to have a young shit ass team. They have no good young players besides Morrow. And Daley is suppose to be good too.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

This sucks, but it makes sence. There might not be a season next year so why re-sign Hull? It would be great if Arnott and Guerin went to Florida, probably because i'm a big Panthers fan, and would like to see them win when I go to their games. If Shanahan whent to Toronto, that would be a huge mistake for Detroit no matter what they did after that. I don't care if they got Sundien or Belfore, Shanahan would be a big loss to the Wings.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2004, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I wouldn't want to see Shanahan go to the Leafs. They need to start focusing on youth and stop picking up older bodies.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

well...I know relatively nothing about hockey...but what I do know, Hull was a great player...so I guess it's sad to see him leave his original team....I guess
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Orton
well...I know relatively nothing about hockey...but what I do know, Hull was a great player...so I guess it's sad to see him leave his original team....I guess
Detroit isn't his orginal team. I'm pretty sure he was drafted by the Flames (I'm not 100% on that). But he didn't actually play for them though. He was then traded to St.Louis. Then he signed in Dallas in 98 (I think it was). Then he signed with Detroit in 2001 I think.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

^

he was drafted by Calgary.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

I told you I know nothing