ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Steelers re-sign Maddox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2004, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Steelers re-sign Maddox

The Pittsburgh Steelers rewarded Tommy Maddox's patience and loyalty Sunday night by reworking his contract and giving him a raise that should make him feel like the team's starting quarterback.

Maddox agreed in principle to a new four-year deal that included a $2 million signing bonus and could be worth $14 million if he hits all of his incentives. Maddox was scheduled to make $750,000 this season, making him the lowest-paid starting quarterback in football.

The Steelers didn't have to rework the five-year, $5 million contract Maddox signed in 2002 when he was Kordell Stewart's backup, but owner Dan Rooney felt obliged to give Maddox starting money at some point. That didn't happen last year because the team didn't have the cap room.

Both sides have been negotiating throughout the offseason and finally came to an agreement Sunday. Maddox had three years remaining on his contract. Now, he will be signed through the 2008 season.

The deal accomplished two purposes. It allows Maddox to stay as the starting quarterback until first-round choice Ben Roethlisberger is ready to take over the starting job. The plan is for Maddox to start this year and for Roethlisberger to challenge in either 2005 or '06.

Maddox will get starting pay over the first two years and then get backup money toward the end of the contract.

The 32-year-old Maddox was an amazing comeback story. After being selected in the first round by the Broncos in 1992, Maddox never challenged Denver quarterback John Elway for playing time. He was traded in 1994. His NFL career hit the wall in 1996 after the Giants released him. Then he resurrected his career in the Arena League.

The Steelers signed him in 2001, and he became the starter in 2002. This will be his third season as the Steelers' starting quarterback.

espn.com
Old 07 Jun 2004, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Good for him, about time they give the guy some money.

Hopefully this will give him more incentive to perform.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2004, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

If he can't deliver a winning record as a starter (despite INTs) and keep us in the playoff race then he deserves nothing but a kick in the ass out the door.

After last year this piece of shit dioesn't deserve that raise. But, if he can NOT LOSE us games like he did two years ago then he can be the starter for another year or two until Big Ben is ready.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2004, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Well certiantly Maddox deserves some of the blame for the team's sub-par performance, but you have to remember that their O-Line was one of the worst. I will admit that not being a steeler fan i didn't watch all of their games, but in the ones i did watch the o-line had more holes in it than a screen door. The other teams linebackers had clear shots at him a good portion of the time. Call him "stonewall Maddox" all you want, but the fact remains that their o-line sucked and gave him little to no chance of playing the offence his way. Again remember that i only watch like 5-6 games so i may be off a bit, but that is my take from what i saw.

I think that this was a perfect move. It keeps him happy. They are stuck with him for this coming year as the starter and that is not nessicerialy a horrendous thing. If he can play the way he did a year ago they may be able to do something. It would be suicidal to keep him as the starter, and keep his salary the way it was. This stabilises things untill next year when big ben takes over.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2004, 01:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

If he starts losing us games I want Cowher to bech his ass immediately. Let Ben or Batch get in their. The o-line was crap last year (injuries and that asshole Fordham), but he could have made better decisions than the ones he made.

And we should have a better running game this year.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote