ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Its a Vinny and Bill reunion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2004, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Its a Vinny and Bill reunion

IRVING, Texas -- Vinny Testaverde and Bill Parcells are together again.

The long-expected reunion of the quarterback and coach became official Thursday when Testaverde signed with the Dallas Cowboys.

Testaverde's agent, Mike Azzarelli, said the deal could be worth as much as $5 million based on playing time and performance.

Testaverde, who at 40 still wants the opportunity to compete as a starter, should get that chance with his former coach. But he will begin in Dallas as the backup to Quincy Carter and a mentor to Carter and Drew Henson, who quit professional baseball to return to football this spring.

"The opportunity to compete to be a starter excites me," Testaverde said. "I didn't have that opportunity in New York."

The Jets released Testaverde this week, ending a six-year run for his hometown team in an expected salary-cap move. His first two seasons there were with Parcells.

"June 1 couldn't get here fast enough for me," he said. "I know good things are ahead for both myself and this organization. Again, I'm very excited to be here."

Testaverde will take part in the Cowboys' minicamp that begins Saturday.

Parcells has said that Carter, the Cowboys starter for most of the past three seasons and all 16 games last year, will go into training camp as the No. 1 quarterback. But the coach has always said that the best player will start.

Parcells didn't take part in Thursday's announcement.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Testaverde would be given a legitimate chance to be the starter.

In 1998, Testaverde made the Pro Bowl and guided the Jets to the AFC title game in Parcells' first season. But Testaverde tore his Achilles tendon in the first game of the next season, Parcells' last as a coach until taking over the Cowboys last season.

The Heisman Trophy winner was the No. 1 overall pick by Tampa Bay in 1987. He stayed with the Buccaneers through 1992, then spent three seasons in Cleveland and two in Baltimore before going to New York in 1998.

The Jets' move had been expected since February, when Testaverde said he wouldn't take part in the team's offseason program and was considering retirement after 17 seasons.

Still, Parcells' desire to have a veteran quarterback and Testaverde's likely availability always appeared to a good match.

Testaverde started just 11 games the past two seasons, losing the starting job to Chad Pennington early in the 2002 season. Testaverde went 2-5 as a starter last season after Pennington broke his wrist.

Despite the losing record last season, Testaverde became the ninth quarterback in NFL history to pass for over 40,000 yards.

The addition of Testaverde gives the Cowboys five quarterbacks on their roster.

Chad Hutchinson, another former pro baseball player and the starter the second half of the 2002 season, played this spring in NFL Europe. Tony Romo spent all of his rookie season on the roster without playing a down.

espn.com
-------------------------------

Well i'm really happy over this. This will push Carter to be better because he know's now that there is someone who can win his job as the starting qb. This also means that Hutchinson is done. Thank god.
Old 03 Jun 2004, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I hope Vinny gets to start. I like Vinny, but hate the Cowgirls.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Hmmn. I can't see Vinnie doing anything of any signifigance. I mean he may push Carter, but as far as acctual playing goes he won't be any more effective than Carter. He may start a few, but I see Carter as the year long starter. Hey Reb, hom much longer do you think that Carter has to prove himself as a legit starter before they just give up on him?

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

This will be his last year to prove himself. Next year we should see Henson fighting for that starting job for sure. At least I hope so. But I think the bigger question is if Jones can have sucess at running back. If he does good, Carter will do good. Carter's future will be on the shoulder's of Jones.
Old 03 Jun 2004, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

i feel sorry for carter hes got the ego on his team now. johnson will cry and bitch and moan if he dont get the ball enough.
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

I would cry too if I had Carter throwing me the ball.
Old 04 Jun 2004, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

johnson cryed with anybody throwing the ball to him so
hes bitched and moand his way off 2 teams already he didnt even finish the season last year before the team got tired of his bitching this will just be the 3rd team hes traded from

Last edited by darkpimp; 04 Jun 2004 at 08:49 PM.
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 04:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNLEY
I would cry too if I had Carter throwing me the ball.
lol
-Tiga- is offline   Reply With Quote