ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Ravens sign Stewart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2004, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Ravens sign Stewart

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Kordell Stewart agreed to a one-year contract Wednesday with the Baltimore Ravens, who plan to put the quarterback to work immediately.

Stewart will receive the league minimum $760,000 to replace the injured Anthony Wright as the backup to Kyle Boller. Stewart visited the Ravens' training complex Tuesday and stayed in the area, hopeful that an agreement could be reached.

The final details were settled early Wednesday evening, Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. Stewart will participate Thursday during the final session of a two-day passing camp.

"He will be here (Thursday) and will be on the practice field," Newsome said. "He stayed over, which was his commitment. He wanted to be a Raven."

Stewart was hired to back up Boller and aid in the tutelage of the second-year pro, but there's also a chance that the former Pittsburgh Steelers' standout will be called upon to play.

"The history of quarterbacks getting injured in this league is incredible. He is one injury away from starting the first game against Cleveland," Newsome said. "That's just the nature of our business. It's good that we can have a person that has a veteran presence, one who has been in that situation and someone we have a history with."

Stewart played in eight years with the rival Steelers before enduring one rocky season in Chicago last year. If nothing else, he knows the Ravens -- and the Ravens know him.

"He's excited about being on a team he knows well and has played against. He sees the passion we play with, and that appeals to him," Ravens offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh said Wednesday afternoon.

"I think he's hungry, and I think he's appreciative of the opportunity," Cavanaugh said. "We have what we wanted: A quality veteran backup that can help tutor Kyle and be ready to come off the bench if we need him."

That was the role that Wright played, but he will be sidelined until at least October after undergoing shoulder surgery last week. He was in camp Wednesday but can't resume throwing until September.

"It's been difficult, but I know it's part of the game," Wright said. "My focus right now is just getting back and getting ready to play in October. It's very frustrating, but these things are going to happen. This is just another obstacle I have to overcome."

Boller figures he and Stewart will benefit from the collaboration.

"I used to watch Kordell when he was at Pittsburgh; he's a veteran," Boller said. "Hopefully he'll be able to help me out and I'll be able to help him out."

Boller and Stewart were the two lowest-rated starting quarterbacks in the NFL last year. Boller had a 62.4 rating and Stewart was at 56.8 before losing the starting job to rookie Rex Grossman.

espn.com
Old 03 Jun 2004, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

It shocked me. He will have little success there. He has one receiver there, Heap. And only one RB, Lewis. And he is injury-prone and is taking after Ray Lewis with getting in trouble with the law.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

he sucks ass he wont have sucess anywhere
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2004, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I wonder if he'll be converted to WR considering their WRs bite. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if he unseated Boller.