ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

L.A Back in NFL in 2008?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2004, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default L.A Back in NFL in 2008?

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- The National Football League would like to have a team back in Los Angeles by 2008, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said Tuesday.

Tagliabue said league owners were pushing for a decision on a stadium site by next spring, giving the NFL the time it needs to return a franchise to the country's second largest television market by 2008.

"We're hopeful we can stick to a timeline that would have us make some decisions on a stadium project maybe a year from now in May of '05," he said.

The league, which has not had a team in the Los Angeles area since the Rams departed for St. Louis 10 years ago, has been working with groups representing sites at Carson, the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

"Everyone has been working at this," Tagliabue said. "At some point decisions need to be made."

League owners have made no decision about expanding to a 33rd team or moving a troubled franchise to Los Angeles when and if they come to an agreement on a stadium there.

Indianapolis owner Jim Irsay, who is involved in discussions with community and state leaders about improvements in the Colts' situation, said he was confident of working out a new deal to remain in Indiana.

"This is clearly on the frontburner," he said. "More and more we're trying to get people behind this thing.

"I'm 44 years old, I'm not signing until I'm 74 years ... unless I know we have a strong, long-term plan," Irsay said.

The NFL also said it plans to honor the memory of former Arizona Cardinals defensive back Pat Tillman during the regular season _ perhaps by having all teams display a helmet decal with his uniform No. 40.

Tillman, who starred at Arizona State and then the Cardinals before rejecting a multimillion dollar contract to join the Army, was killed last month in Afghanistan during a firefight with the enemy. He was 27.

"We previewed some of the initial thinking we have about paying tribute," Tagliabue said. "The key thing here is to have a proper balance between respecting what Pat did and what all the other men and women of the military do."

Owners also heard some preliminary discussions about the league's preparations for new television agreements and received an update on Jacksonville's preparations for the 2005 Super Bowl, scheduled Feb. 6.

Tagliabue said he would detail the Super Bowl preparations Wednesday. The owners wrap up their spring meeting Thursday.

Former NFL quarterback Jack Kemp briefed owners on the USA Football program aimed at increasing interest in the sport. This year the league will help with a kickoff promotion, "Play Football Week," that will run from Aug. 28 to Sept. 4.

Supported by the league and players association, it will promote youth registration and participation in programs sponsored by police leagues, YMCA's and Pop Warner, among others.

espn.com
----------------------

Well they better not expand. That would be stupid to have an odd amount of teams again. Would SD move? Exo might no more about this. I remember him talking about them wanting to leave, so that could be a possibilty.
Old 25 May 2004, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I don't like the idea either, the NFL doesn't need another team.

There are enough teams in the league already, why add more? It only makes it worse, at least I think so anyway.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2004, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I know the Saints are having problems with the state. Maybe L.A. could take another bunch of losers.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2004, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

L.A. does not deserve an NFL team. LA gave up the Raiders and Rams so they could view the rest of the NFL's games on TV on Sundays. What does that tell you about LA football fans?

LA got the Dodgers, the Angles, the Lakers, the Clippers (laugh), and the Kings. The only teams LA seems to be interested in are the Lakers. And if they were to start losing they wouldn't give two shits about them either.

If LA does get an NFL team it better be an already West Coast team. Right now the NFl is balanced, schedule-wise and division-wise, and that is the way it needs to stay.

LA does not deserve an NFL team.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2004, 02:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

^amen bro

LA has football in USC and UCLA and even they don't get the crowds they deserve.

I hope to god the Chargers, Colts, Saints and Vikes get stadium deals through.
Old 26 May 2004, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

To me it is not aq matter of whether LA deserves a franchice, but rather that it is idiotic for the NFL not to have a franchice in the second largest market. They have 3 teams in that whole damn state and not one of the is in LA. I say try to get one of them or another west coast team to move there. No expantion though. The tallent pool in the league is already becoming diluted. Any time you add another team you only give jobs to 59 other players who couldn't hack it before the new team was added.

But to sum up my response to this thread, yes the NFL should try to put a football team in LA, whether they deserve it or not. It is just good business.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2004, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Why is the NFL not in a hurry to move a team to LA? The NFL doesn't need LA. No other sports league comes close to the NFL in anything (merchandise, ratings, everything). So what if LA is the second largest market. LA is made up of bandwagon fans. They put a team there and if they suck they will get no attendance and LA will deal another team away. Market-schmarket, the NFL doesn't need LA, they are the top-dogs without that area and nobody is going to knock them off the top.

Up yours LA, the NFL doesn't need you and your bandwagoners!

I get a little worked up when I hear about the NFL and LA.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2004, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

LA don't want SD. They want the Faiders back. Again. And Davis is just the bitch to put them there.

SD is still working on the stadium. Shit, they're practically going to pay for the whole thing themselves and rebuild the entire area. The fans love it, the citizens love it, the ppl holding it back are the fucking overly conservative and old assed city councel members who do nothing but complain and shoot down projects left and right. All they want is a pretty city by the ocean without any of the kickass things that made SD in the first place. They're even trying to move the military out of the city lmao. If they put it on a ballot though, it will get passed and their's not a thing the shity councel can do about it. The Chargers are negotiating a new 30 year lease based on the stadium proposals.

I don't know what team would want to move there though. I've also heard of moving the cardinals in. They don't really seem to have much a fan base allready. And they're close. Still, fuck LA. They don't deserve another team.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2004, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

i think they should try a team in canada everytime they have a pre season game they sell out fast they were talkin about it back in the mid 90s but i havent heard shit sence. i know i would go if we had a team in toronto and alot of my friends would too! What do you think???
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2004, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Isn't there allready a whole canadian league that nobody watches?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2004, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Nobody watches the CFL because its a bunch of shit ass players who no one cares about. The game is so slow. I don't know how there are actual hardcore fans. And the hardcore fans say they like it because the players don't play for the money. lmao. The players don't play for the money because they suck ass.

I don't think a team in Toronto would do any good. First they don't have the stadium. And please don't say Skydome. Because anyone with a brain knows that place sucks. And the football fans here aren't like the ones in the U.S. People would come out for a few seasons, and then just forget about them. Plus the Canadian govenment hates sport teams. If something were to happen to the team they wouldn't help them out in any way. Plus Buffalo is like 30-45mins from T.O. So that will be a whole other situation. The Bills people will bitch about losing fans and blah blah blah.

Toronto will never get an NFL team.
Old 01 Jun 2004, 09:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

^^ good points. but the cfl players dont play for the $$$ because they get paid shit
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2004, 01:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNLEY
Nobody watches the CFL because its a bunch of shit ass players who no one cares about. The game is so slow. I don't know how there are actual hardcore fans. And the hardcore fans say they like it because the players don't play for the money. lmao. The players don't play for the money because they suck ass.

I don't think a team in Toronto would do any good. First they don't have the stadium. And please don't say Skydome. Because anyone with a brain knows that place sucks. And the football fans here aren't like the ones in the U.S. People would come out for a few seasons, and then just forget about them. Plus the Canadian govenment hates sport teams. If something were to happen to the team they wouldn't help them out in any way. Plus Buffalo is like 30-45mins from T.O. So that will be a whole other situation. The Bills people will bitch about losing fans and blah blah blah.

Toronto will never get an NFL team.
I have seen the CFL once, it wasn't horrible horrible, but it wasn't NFL or Big 10 football. I would like to go to a game one day, for a new experience.

I know what you mean about the Canadian government. They refused to help out the Sens when they had their money woes and did nothing while the Nordiuques and Jets moved.

If Toronto were to get a team, I agree about the Bills objecting but I don't see hardly any Bills fans converting to the TO team.