ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

A Flashback of sorts (Lightning/Flames related)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2004, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default A Flashback of sorts (Lightning/Flames related)

I made this post on October 23, 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
Tampa Bay Lightining will be this year's Calgary Flames. Flames started off on fire, only to finish below .500 I think and nowhere close to the playoffs.

The Flames started off hot in 2001 and then fell off the map. I said the Lightning would do the very same thing that year. I think they made the playoffs that season.

Well, now both teams have grown up, and look where they are? Battling for Lord Stanley's Cup. The prize for winning 16 games in the playoffs.

Pretty cool to look back and see how teams have matured over the course of a few seasons.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2004, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Calgary I admit, I could never see coming. For years they seemed to be Iggy and the crew, no one really stepping up in that second scorer role (Valeri Bure and Marc Savard could never), but Craig Conroy is filling the void.

Rick Dudley(now with Florida) and John Totrella deserve all the credit in the world for what happened in Tampa Bay.
Old 24 May 2004, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

First off Stick, you must have some patients to find a post from that long ago.

This years Cup final is good because there really isn't a cinderalla team. You could call Cargary that, but they weren't unstopable in the playoffs, and its not like they were getting all the lucky bounces and saves like what Anaheim and Carolina were pulling off.

I really do want Cargary to win, but I don't see it happen. Tampa is for real I guess. Throughout the season I never thought they were that good. Now, I can see them being good for awhile if they keep the team together.
Old 24 May 2004, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

BTW, anyone know what happened to Roman Turek?
Old 24 May 2004, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
First off Stick, you must have some patients to find a post from that long ago.

This years Cup final is good because there really isn't a cinderalla team. You could call Cargary that, but they weren't unstopable in the playoffs, and its not like they were getting all the lucky bounces and saves like what Anaheim and Carolina were pulling off.

I really do want Cargary to win, but I don't see it happen. Tampa is for real I guess. Throughout the season I never thought they were that good. Now, I can see them being good for awhile if they keep the team together.
LMAO, nah. I just knew I what I was looking for. I just did a search of posts made in the sports forum 'from the beginning'. Then I reveresed the order, so that it showed them from oldest to newest. I knew around what time the hockey season started, so I just browsed around that time period. I also knew what the thread was about, so I had an idea of what the title was.

Any, I agree with you about neither team being a cinderella team. Through the course of the playoffs, I haven't ever heard an announcer or sportscaster call either team that.

I would agree with you about Tampa not bein that good throughout the regular season, but I don't watch much hockey until it gets to be playoff time.

That could be great for years to come if they keep em together (and there isn't a holdout). The main stars like St. Louis, Lecavalier, Fedotenko, Modin, etc are all relatively young. Khabibulin is the only one that might be gettin up there in age, and he still has some good years left in him.

Kinda cool to see a team from the east other than the Devils that is a powerhouse and can dominate.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2004, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Coleman
BTW, anyone know what happened to Roman Turek?
hes now the backup for the flames. he played for a period or two in a game after kippursoff got pulled in the last sereis.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2004, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

^thanks

I see him getting released after the Finals.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I guess the main reason i don't like this years finals is because i dont like ether team playing in it. I would have much rather have seen somthing like Detroit vrs Phili...or Dallas vrs Toronto...but to the point. I do think it is col to see teams become good. I'm really enjoying watching the progress of the Detroit Lions and the Florida Panthers, (The Panthers are going to be good in the near future). I also like what's going on with the Dallas Cowboys, and hopefully the New York Giants.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote