ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Euro 2004

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2004, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Euro 2004

Anyone ready for the tournament?
Old 22 May 2004, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

hell yes.......weve been getting 10 minute promos a couple of times a night about the qualifiers so yeah........bring it on.........and GO GERMANY

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2004, 01:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Were both in tough groups, IMO. We both have only one gimmie game.
Old 22 May 2004, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

I agree with you there.

Latvia looks a gimme.

The czech republic- might be harder but a lot will depend on the form by nedved,rosicky and baros. If they play to the form I saw in there qualifiers we cold be in trouble. And I have a big wrap on the keeper koller.

Netherlands- What an enigma this team is. Couldnt make the last world cup but has a team that contains...kluivert, van nistlerooy, makaay, stam, cocu, davids, seedorf. and many other stars. If the netherlands ever fire they could rival brazil and france for talent. There biggest hurdle is there history of failure. Only 1 european success ever considering the talent theyve had since the 70's thats amazing.

Old 22 May 2004, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

I actually rate your group a little easier than ours.

France - They look just too classy for your group. They have fifa's player of the year from last year in zidane as well as the player who I think will win this years award in Henry. They have an unmatched midfield and providing they are not mentally scarred from the dismal world cup showing they are my tips to win the tournament.

Switzerland - Looks an easy win for england

Croatia- This team has looked a shadow of the team that ran 3rd in france in 98 and they didnt even qualify for world cup 2002. They wernt that much more impressive in qualifying for euro 2004 and apart from prso and babic their players look average at best.

My biggest query with england is the ordinary look of the side itself. How heskey continues to play for his country continues to amaze me and rooney has been pretty poor as well. The goalkeepers look shaky in james, walker and robinson and until they drop the nevilles......the english defence can never look safe. I hope they go well but my suspicion is he doesnt have enough in form firepower and they might be caught out in the end

Old 22 May 2004, 02:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
France - They look just too classy for your group. They have fifa's player of the year from last year in zidane as well as the player who I think will win this years award in Henry. They have an unmatched midfield and providing they are not mentally scarred from the dismal world cup showing they are my tips to win the tournament.
I agree, France is most likely coming into the game pretty pissed off. Our midfield is just as talented IMO with Beckham, Gerrard and Scholes but Zidane is a diffrence maker. Desailly may sit out the tournament because of injury, that helps out Owen and Rooney/Heskey. I think this game comes down to which defense can shut down the other teams forwards.

Quote:
Switzerland - Looks an easy win for england
Agreed, but to be fair Switerland did beat Rep. Ireland and Russia to get to Portugal.

Quote:
Croatia- This team has looked a shadow of the team that ran 3rd in france in 98 and they didnt even qualify for world cup 2002. They wernt that much more impressive in qualifying for euro 2004 and apart from prso and babic their players look average at best.
Losing Boksic, Suker and Prosinecki hurts big time but they do play a 4-4-2, meaning if our forwards have a crap game, they could find a mistake and take it in for a goal. But I have no real worries for this game.

I have been calling for the Neville's head since Euro 2000, its nothing new to me.

The goalie I have the most confidence in is James, he played well in the clinching win at Turkey.

Heskey didn't look all that good in qualifying, but Rooney did well IMO.

Personally, I expect at least a quarterfinal apperance.