ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Flames in the finals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 May 2004, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Flames in the finals

Flames punch ticket to final

TSN.ca Staff

5/18/2004

Jarome Iginla, Martin Gelinas and Robyn Regehr scored the goals and Miikka Kiprusoff made the saves as the Calgary Flames eliminated the San Jose Sharks with a 3-1 win in Game Six of the Western Conference final series.

With the win, the Flames advance to the Stanley Cup final for the first time since 1989, when they defeated the Montreal Canadiens. The Flames will face the winner of the Tampa Bay/Philadelphia series which the Lightning lead 3-2. Game Six in that series goes Thursday night on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt.

Iginla scored on the power play late in the first period to open the scoring. With Curtis Brown in the penalty box, the Flames captain used Sharks defenceman Scott Hannan as a screen and fired a wrist shot by Evgeni Nabokov in the San Jose net. Craig Conroy and Jordan Leopold assisted on the goal.

Midway through the second frame, Gelinas extended the Flames lead when he broke in on Nabokov, faked the San Jose goalie and deposited the puck into the empty net. Conroy won the neutral zone faceoff and tipped the puck ahead to a surprisingly wide open Gelinas who made no mistake.

Late in the period, McCauley pounced on a loose puck in the high slot and beat Miikka Kiprusoff to put the Sharks on the board. The goal appeared to spark the Sharks as the visitors gained momentum as the period came to a close.

But the Flames clamped down in the third period to punch their ticket to the Stanley Cup final. Robyn Regehr added the insurance marker as the clock ran out.

Miikka Kiprusoff stopped all but one of the 29 shots he faced in the Calgary net.
================================================== =======

Good for Daryl Sutter and Canada.
Old 19 May 2004, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Damn, who would have thought that the Flames would be playing for the Stanley Cup when the playoffs started?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Personally I thought they would at least battle for a playoff spot due to last years performance with Sutter coaching.
Old 20 May 2004, 04:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default yo

fuck there was a wild party there, thats all i gotta say.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2004, 05:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

My newspaper must be completely inaccurate. I saw most of game 5 and quit watching while they were up 2-0. When I read the paper it said they had lost game 5 4-2. Well I'm bettin' on them now.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2004, 06:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I'm happy to see the Flames win. I hope they can take home the cup.