ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

The Perfect Unit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 May 2004, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default The Perfect Unit

No, sorry fags, this isn't a thread about male genitalia

Randy "Big Unit" Johnson threw a perfect game today against the Atlanta Braves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN.com
ATLANTA (AP) -- Arizona's Randy Johnson became the oldest pitcher in major league history to throw a perfect game, retiring all 27 hitters to lead the Diamondbacks over the Atlanta Braves 2-0 Tuesday night.

The 40-year-old left-hander struck out 13 and went to three balls on just one hitter -- Johnny Estrada in the second inning. Estrada fouled off three straight 3-2 pitches before going down swinging.

It was the 17th perfect game in major league history, the 15th since the modern era began in 1900 and the first since the New York Yankees' David Cone against Montreal on July 18, 1999.
Click For Full Story

Damn, Big Unit STILL has it at age 40. I wanna know what these geezers are taking to be so dominant at such an old age? Clemens is 7-0 and could be 8-0, Unit K'd 13 and went for perfection. This is a great story in what's turning out to be a really good baseball season.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Man that's awesome, and at 40? that's just ridiculous.

Right on Randy, he may be one ugly motherfucker but he can sure as hell throw a baseball.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The Unit Still has it...But damn..why did it have to come against my Braves?..
Old 18 May 2004, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I got watch the game on TBS. I am a fan of Johnson, and felt so nervous that last inning. I feared he would let one get away and ruin the perfect game, no-hitter, and shutout.

It was awesome, and I got to see it live (as I was ironing off my graduation atire). And to add to my enjoyment, the Braves stuckout 18 times their last game, then get a perfect game pitched against them.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

That was an awsome moment when he struck out the last batter. I don't like the D-Backs much, but i have always liked Randy. A perfect game at his age.....unbeleivable.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

If you look around the league, it seems that a lot of players are really doing amazing things in their late 30's. I don't know the answer, but it's still cool, and some guy was talking about Johnson being able to pitch at this level for another 3 years.

He does look like a rat-human or something though.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Shooter Magavin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin

This maKES ME HAPPY FOR Randy. he has always been on my good list for pitching. And I felt weird when he struggled, gald to see he's back on his game, and I hope it continues.
Shooter Magavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, I am not a fan of Randy Johnson.....but I watched the game from the fifth inning on.....he was unbelievable......the man was throwing seeds out there.....that was the most dominating pitching performance I have ever seen.....

it was crazy......I think if they had gone 15 innings he wouldn't have given up a hit.....dominating performance, and I tip my hat to him.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2004, 06:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
well, I am not a fan of Randy Johnson.....but I watched the game from the fifth inning on.....he was unbelievable......the man was throwing seeds out there.....that was the most dominating pitching performance I have ever seen.....

it was crazy......I think if they had gone 15 innings he wouldn't have given up a hit.....dominating performance, and I tip my hat to him.....
Sorry I'm questioning you as of late, but why are you not a Randy Johnson fan?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote