ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Here's one for you exo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 May 2004, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Here's one for you exo...

Eli struggles in first Giants workout

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) Eli Manning's first minicamp workout with the New York Giants was somewhat of a bust.

The top pick in the NFL daft botched two snaps, threw an interception and slipped on another pass, sending a wobbling duck of a toss on a 30-30 route, 30-yards up in the air and 30 yards downfield.
But it was caught by Tim Carter for a completion.

"I still have a lot of improvement to make, a lot to learn," an unflustered Manning said after lunch, surrounded by about 50 reporters. "It's going to be a long process and I look forward to it."

The Giants had to expect a lot more on Day 1 of their new era.

New York mortgaged the future on draft day, trading the rights to North Carolina State quarterback Philip Rivers, along with a third-round pick in the recent draft and first and fifth-round picks next year to San Diego for the son of Archie Manning and the brother of the Colts' Peyton Manning.

Eli Manning was labeled the next John Elway, and his acquisition led to the release of Kerry Collins a week later.

As about 30 still and television camera crews filmed his every throw and about 30 reporters - a horde worthy of a playoff practice - watched his every move Friday, Manning looked very much like a rookie.

He made some nice passes, but free agent rookie quarterback Jared Lorenzen threw the ball with more zip.

The fumbles on the snaps were sloppy. Manning worked with two different centers in the drills.

"He had excellent huddle command," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said a little sarcastically.

But Coughlin, who spoke with Manning after the fumbles, also liked what he saw from the Mississippi quarterback.

"He's fine, he's going to be fine," Coughlin said. "It will take a little time. There are a lot of things to adjust to. Obviously all the new things thrown at him, the different receivers, the different people working with him, the high grass. It will come. It will be fine."

Center Shaun O'Hara said it's too early to make any judgments.

"It's like trying to figure out how tall a kid is going to be after he is nine months old," O'Hara said. "You can't put too much into it. Let him weather the storm. He got in yesterday. He doesn't know where he is now."

Pro Bowl defensive end Michael Strahan said Manning is like a deer in the headlights now.

"I'm just expecting him to come in and do his best," Strahan said. "I don't think there is any pressure on him to come and take over this team and be the man. I think he has to understand we are all willing to wait and to be patient with him."

Manning handled the situation like a veteran. He made no excuses. He said he planned to work hard, and showed a sense of humor when asked about all the attention.

"There is more press here than the whole state of Mississippi combined," Manning said.

Even with Collins gone, Manning refused to claim the starting job. He said his first goal is to earn the respect of his new teammates.

"I am going to prepare myself for the first game," Manning said. "If they put me in, I am going to be ready."

tsn.com
Old 09 May 2004, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Shooter Magavin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin

So he had a bad day, doesn't everyone.

I'm not going to jump on the ban wagon here.
Shooter Magavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2004, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter Magavin
So he had a bad day, doesn't everyone.

I'm not going to jump on the ban wagon here.
So your a Giants fan?
Old 09 May 2004, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin

No, not really, but you can't put down Eli after one day.
Old 09 May 2004, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

What team do you like?
Old 09 May 2004, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

I have been a Buccaneer's mark since 2000.
Old 09 May 2004, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
I have been a Buccaneer's mark since 2000.
so in other words...just a bandwagon jumper.
Old 09 May 2004, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

WTF? Are you dumb, Bucc's had nothing tell 2001...your so fucking dumb let me guess your favorite team is the Patriots.
Old 09 May 2004, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
WTF? Are you dumb, Bucc's had nothing tell 2001...your so fucking dumb let me guess your favorite team is the Patriots.
The Bucs were a good team in 01. Shows how much you know about your team.

And yes...i'm a pats fan with a Cowboys Av.
Old 09 May 2004, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

You funny, Bucc's were 12-4 in 2001, Dallas Cowboys are the worst team in the NFL, they just pick up the shit Bucc's throw away..*Johnson*, the only good thing the Cowboys have got coming for them is Parcells.
Old 09 May 2004, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
You funny, Bucc's were 12-4 in 2001, Dallas Cowboys are the worst team in the NFL, they just pick up the shit Bucc's throw away..*Johnson*, the only good thing the Cowboys have got coming for them is Parcells.
You are honestly the biggest fucking retard.

First you say the Bucs had nothing going for them in 01. Then you say how good they were in 01.

I never said anything in this thread about the Cowboys being good in 01. So it doesn't bother me that your saying they sucked. Because i'm not an idiot like you, and can admit something.

The Bucs are going nowhere this season. They tore apart their dominate defense. And remember...D wins you Superbowls. And just to let you know, the Cowboys did finish last season with the number one ranked defense.

And do you think Galloway is that good? Common...if he was he would be still with the team. So I don't know why your so happy about getting rid of Keyshawn. At least he won't be on the injured list after week 3.
Old 10 May 2004, 03:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

haha, Elisha stepped up and fell on his face. Now, I can understand a rookie having a bad practice, but when they put this much hype on him, I expected him to go out there and throw a couple 85 yrd td's. i think everyone did, and when he fucks up in a game, the fans won't be laughing. He's got 3 months to figure out how to take the Giants to the playoffs.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote