ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Guerrero OUT from MNF.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 May 2004, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road
Default Guerrero OUT from MNF.......

I dunno how new this news is, but I just heard on KFAN here in Minny, that former KFAN personality and sports reporter for WCCO TV, Michelle Tafoya is the new sideline reporter for MNF.

She doesn't have the looks of a Melissa Stark or Lisa Guerrero, but she is VERY smart and wont come off as just a piece of eye candy. She'll actually have apoint when Al and Madden throw it down to her.

From all your peeps back in Minny, congrats Michelle!

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2004, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Aww man, Guerrero was smoking, why take her off?

Who cares if they sound like idiots, we have to listening to Madden all game anyway so what's the difference.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2004, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Aww man, Guerrero was smoking, why take her off?
Because she had the rack of a supermodel, and the IQ of a wet sock. She called Bill Parcells, Phil once. She would "uuuhhh." and "ummmmm" and look completely without a train of thought when she would be on camera.

If you wanna stare at her....go get FHM.

Old 03 May 2004, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Madden says uhhhh and ummmm all the time.....what a bummer.....I agree with Error.....

Stark will be back in '05.....and Guerrero won't be out of a job for long.....she just wasn't necessarily comfortable on the sidelines.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2004, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Yeah....Lisa Guerrero and John Madden....they are one in the same. Kinda like my sister and Michael Jordan are the same. Dude, that was a HORRIBLE comparison.

John Madden is a LEGEND, like him or not. Lisa G is a dime a dozen attractive woman with a large rack.

She wasn't comfortable on the sidelines, hence she's no longer there. Nor should she have been there to begin with.

Regardless, arguing about it is retarded. Michelle is one of the few women in the business who can hold her own with the men, which is why she deserves this gig and earned it.

Old 03 May 2004, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Michelle Tafoya does NBA if I'm not mistaken. If it's who I'm thinking of, then she's pretty damn good. Not smokin hot, but she ain't ugly either.

Hottest sports babe has to be Suzy Kolber
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2004, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah but it's obvious Guerrero wasn't there to make good conversation, she was eye candy and nothing more.

All oeo was trying to say was that Madden isn't the smartest individual either. No one was trying to compare a legacy or anything so calm down.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2004, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Nobody is gonna make an intelligence award based on John Madden. That wasn't the issue. Madden can get away with being a blithering idiot sometimes, because he's JOHN MADDEN.

Anywho, Stick, ueah....that's her.

Old 03 May 2004, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
Because she had the rack of a supermodel, and the IQ of a wet sock. She called Bill Parcells, Phil once. She would "uuuhhh." and "ummmmm" and look completely without a train of thought when she would be on camera.
this is what I was referring to.....Madden does the exact same thing and has for years.....so, if we were solely going to base an announcer's worth on their on camera ability, Madden wouldn't be anywhere close to the conversation.....Error had already stated basically that, and I was agreeing with him.....

Quote:
She wasn't comfortable on the sidelines, hence she's no longer there. Nor should she have been there to begin with.
she should have been there.....she's very knowledgeable about sports.....it just so happens that she's nice to look at as well.....she has always done well in other settings.....she just didn't work out as a sideline reporter.....

wasn't comparing Lisa Guerrero to John Madden when it comes to sportscasting ability, although they are a lot closer than you may think.....in all seriousness, Madden is a legend because of his broadcast partners.....but I won't go into bashing Madden.....

suffice it to say, Lisa Guerrero is better suited to call highlights than she is to doing live interviews.....and I already said that.....however, if given the choice, I'd rather see her than Tafoya anyday.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote