ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Eli Manning is a Whore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2004, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Eli Manning is a Whore

Thursday, April 22, 2004
Manning doesn't want to play for Chargers

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Eli Manning is trying to pull a John Elway on the San Diego Chargers.

The Mississippi quarterback has let the Chargers know he doesn't want them to choose him with the first pick Saturday in the NFL draft.

He spent Thursday at an NFL luncheon with his famous relatives, father Archie and older brother Peyton, skirting around questions about the Chargers and what he would do if they draft him, anyway.

"I plan to be playing football next season," Eli said. "I've talked to New York. I've talked to Oakland. I've talked to a lot of teams, and I like a lot of teams."

Manning's maneuver is similar to the one Elway pulled in 1983, when he made it known that he didn't want to play for the Baltimore Colts, who owned the No. 1 pick.

Still, the Colts took Elway. The Stanford quarterback responded by playing minor league baseball for the New Yankees and threatened to stick with that sport if the Colts remained stubborn.

Eventually, Baltimore traded Elway to Denver, where he went on to become a Hall of Famer.

"This is a bold move on the part of our family," Archie said. "But I am not bold enough to try to manipulate this draft. I would not do that."

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said he would do what's best for the franchise.

Archie said the decision to tell the Chargers to pass on Eli was made by his youngest son and agent Tom Condon with input from the family and others.

Archie Manning wouldn't give specific reasons why San Diego was asked to back off.

"I don't want the Chargers to be exposed in a negative way," he said.

The Mannings were surprised and disappointed that Smith went public Wednesday with Eli's request.

"This was not the way we planned things. We didn't want this to happen," Eli said.

Last week, the Chargers asked Condon to open negotiations with Eli in anticipation of possibly drafting him. Since then, Archie said he has spoken to NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue and has met with Chargers president Dean Spanos and coach Marty Schottenheimer.

"This is nothing personal against anyone," Archie said.

He was an outstanding player stuck on a dismal team, the New Orleans Saints, for most of his career. Peyton was taken by the Indianapolis Colts with the first overall pick in 1998. At the time, the Colts also were a struggling franchise.

"There's no rose garden out there for a quarterback starting in this league," said Archie, acknowledging that Eli probably will end up with a struggling team no matter who drafts him.

Condon has not returned phone calls from The Associated Press.

The New York Giants, who have the fourth pick, are one of three teams who talked to the Chargers about trading for the No. 1 selection. In recent days, there was speculation Condon was trying to swing a trade between the Giants and Chargers.

Archie said he has not expressed a desire to have Eli play for the Giants, despite what Smith said he was told by Condon.

The Chargers have missed the playoffs for the last eight seasons and are 43-85 since making their last postseason appearance in 1995. Since then, finding a quarterback has been a constant struggle.

The Chargers drafted Ryan Leaf No. 2 overall in 1998 after Peyton. Leaf turned out to be a bust.

In 2001, San Diego could have picked Michael Vick No. 1, but traded down and went with running back LaDanian Tomlinson in the first round and quarterback Drew Brees in the second.

But Brees hasn't been the solution, making Manning a possible fit for the Chargers.

Or so they thought.

---

I guess that's that. Fucking punk only wants to play for NY from what else I've heard. Who the hell does he think he is? This is pathetic. Oh well, he would just kill any possible career if he signed with the Chargers anyway. It's the way of the chargers. Still pisses me off that he sports such a fucking attitude. I hope he gets his ass creamed wherever he goes. And Payton signed with the Colts who were in the crapper for years without all this bs.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2004, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I hate these punks who come out and say who they want to play for.

They need to just shut up and take what they get, they're lucky they've gotten this far.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2004, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Eli needs to STFU and play for who drafts him. I wonder what Peyton thinks of this.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I fuckin hate pro football now. Bunch of overpayed brats, damn TO and damn Eli
Old 23 Apr 2004, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Be pissed at MLB, not the NFL. MLB players are even more overpaid and even more selfish.

I like Charles Barkley's opinion on the matter: play for whoever you are drafted by. He went on to explain, but I agreed as soon as he said it.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2004, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I know they all suck. I havent watched a full season of sports in years.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I was gonna make a thread about this, but held off for whatever reason. I'll comment now though.

If I was the Chargers, I would draft him just to spite the fucker, but that would be a waste of a draft pick. He's a spoiled little snot nosed punk brat, and his dad isn't any better for helping in make this decision. I had thought better of Archie Manning, but he's now no better than his little bitch kid who thinks he's hot shit and can call his own shots on where he wants to play. I hope the Giants do get him, and then when they play the Cowboys, someone creams his immature crybaby ass. Hell, I hope every team knocks the shit out of him.

It's bad enough when vets pull the, "I'm not gonna play unless blah blah blah happens" ultimatum, but now we have someone who's been riding his dick for years, who thinks he can make these kinds of demands. Fuck Eli, the selfish bastard
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2004, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

GProopdog is on a distinguished road

On the one hand, the Chargers ain't exactly the best team right now, so I guess Eli just wants to avoid being on a team that has little hope of reaching the superbowl, let alone the playoffs

on the other hand, he is being a spiteful brat for refusing to play for the chargers if they draft him

Overall: He'll probably be a bust anyway if he goes anywhere else...trust me.