ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Should Clarett And Williams Be Eligible For The Draft?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2004, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Should Clarett And Williams Be Eligible For The Draft?

Well... should they?

I don't get why the NFL would pull this shit at the last second. I do think they deserve to be eligible, after all the self-inflicted shit Clarett went through, he should at last be granted the shot to be drafted... don't know much about Williams, but I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed... I like the NFL's age restrictions, but if players think they are physically capable and prepared, let them do what they want, if they fuck up, it's their own fault.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Last second? The NFL has been trying to keep them from getting in since Clarett announced his intentions. And you used your own argument against you:

Quote:
after all the self-inflicted shit Clarett went through
He did it himself. He fucked up by lying. He fucked up by sucking in school. He's the fuck up, so now he's trying to get into the NFL the cheap way. He doesn't wanna earn his way in like others do.

Now, that being said, if a team drafts someone, they don't have to play them if they don't think the player is ready. If a player goes in too soon, then it's their own fault.

I do like the age restriction though, simply because I don't want the pro game to become watered down with subpar talent. It also hurts the college game by taking the players away from it.

Whatever though, I hope Clarett breaks his leg Fuckin jackass he is
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Argument? Never intended to argue with anyone, simply a discussion, and that happened to be a point I tried to make... don't see how I used it against myself... after all the bitching and whining and public statements and press conferences Clarett went through, at least give him the shot, to show future people, fine if you wanna take it to court, and you think you can make, you better not to fuck up... and I would also like to see him fail.

Very true... I don't see how College Basketball can survive... the amount of players that go from High School to the NBA increases every year.

I see where you're coming from... the only reason Clarett made such a big issue out of his case was all due to greed... he never wanted to be in the NFL for the competition, and the game... fuck the game, he wants money... that's all... and it's so sad to know the sport is turning into a bunch of greedy bastards.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I wasn't saying you were arguing, I was just using that part of your argument (again, not meant literally as arguing). I'm saying you used it against yourself, because you go from saying how for everything he has done to get in to the NFL, he should at least have the chance, but he caused everything himself. So by saying that he went through a lot, then saying he inflicted it himself, counteracts the point you were trying to make in the first place.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote