ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

LeBron James Wins Rookie Of The Year...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default LeBron James Wins Rookie Of The Year...

More than 45 minutes late to a news conference, LeBron James was one teen who didn't need an excuse.

He's exhausted.

"They had to drag me out bed to put this suit on.'' James said Tuesday, when he won the NBA Rookie of the Year award. "I didn't want to get out. I thought I was going to practice when they woke me up this morning.''

Hey, saving the Cleveland Cavaliers is hard work, and the 19-year-old James put the final touch on a remarkable season by becoming the rookie award's youngest recipient.

Full story here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I can honestly say he did deserve although, IMO, he didn't live up to the amount of hype he recieved prior to the 2004 season. Carmelo did deserve the award, he produced with personal statistics, and his team also made the playoffs, something which LeBron couldn't do.

Last edited by Alth; 21 Apr 2004 at 01:18 AM.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

excuse me. How did he not live up to the hype? The odds in vegas were that he would only average 14 or so points per game. He beat that by 6 points. He is one of only 3 rookies in NBA history to average 20 Points per game 5 rebounds per game and 5 assist per game. Plus he lead all rookies in steals per game with 1.65 p/g.. Also he played for the Cavs and did not have anybody on his team helping him out. Melo had alot of help on his team. The facts are that LeBron was expected to prodcuce imedieatly and he did. He had 1000 times the presure that Melo had and he was given very little help to do it. I don't see how he wouldn't be ROTY. Anybody who can have all those expectations on them and live up to all that hype hype deserves it. The fact that the Cavs didn't make the playoofs means nothing to me. Carmelo didn't carry the Nuggets to the playoffs (ok, mabe during the final strech, but not the WHOLE season) he was just the spark. Carmelo is good, but James deserved the award.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Meh...I'm going to say he did deserve the award...You can't take that away from him...But Melo' Leading his team to the playoffs helped his cause...Maybe Melo' had a little more help..Lebron and the Cavs were young...as were the Nuggets...I think the main beef a lot of people have is that Melo' Took his team to the playoffs in the dominant West..While Lebron Couldn't do it in the much Worse East.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Wolf, the reason I say he didn't live up to the hype is because this kids HIGH SCHOOL basketball games were shown on ESPN for God's sake... if you're gonna wear a wristband that says "The Chosen One", get a $90M shoe contract before you're even drafted, and if you people call you "The Chosen One"... I wanna see some fucking proof. Carmelo put up similar numbers... and his team succeeded, nothing LeBron did impressed me, besides his vertical, that guy could dunk with ease if the fucking hoop was 11 feet.

And what is this about no support? What about Carlos Boozer? Who made his case for Most Improved Player in 2004? What about Zydrunas Ilgauskas? What about the mid-season pickup from Portland in Jeff McInnis? He had support, and he produced at the same time, he just couldn't do what it required to take his team to the next level.

Plenty of sports analysts talked all year about, when LeBron is having an off day from the field, the little things he needs to do to help his team win, like rebounding, passing the ball, tough defense, except LeBron wouldn't do these things, when his team fell behind, he would hurl up 3's... and play sloppy defense, simple rookie mistakes, wanting to take the game over, I know, but he just didn't show me the type of things you would come to expect from someone who recieved as much hype as he did.

Carmelo was a solid player all year long, he can rebound, pass, and shoot almost as good as any Small Forward in the league...

Let's face it... Carmelo is in the Western Conference, and he took his team to the playoffs in his Rookie Season, while LeBron is in that Minor League of a Conference in the East... and he still can't even do what's required of him to take his team to the playoffs...

Maybe I'm my standards a little too high, but IMO... there is no way in hell you can live up to the amount of hype LeBron had, that may be my thing... I just can't see anything he did this year too unbelievable, sure for a Rookie and a 19 year old those kind of numbers are great... but Carmelo did practically the same thing, except passing the ball, which he is a Small Forward not a Point Guard...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote