ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Warner to be CUT by Rams....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2004, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Warner to be CUT by Rams....

Two-time NFL most valuable player Kurt Warner, whose career deteriorated over the past two seasons because of a series of injuries and inconsistency, will be released by the St. Louis Rams after June 1, league and team sources have confirmed to ESPN.com.

The six-year veteran, who authored one of the greatest success stories in recent league history, was apprised of the move on Monday by team officials. The Rams also granted Warner and his representatives permission to begin talking with other teams, although the quarterback won't technically be freed from his contract for at least six more weeks.

Despite a spate of non-denial denials from team officials this offeason, the decision to cut ties with Warner is hardly surprising. St. Louis is currently in negotiations with the agents for three-year veteran Marc Bulger on a long-term contract and this month signed veteran Chris Chandler to serve as a backup.

The move will free up approximately $4.85 million in 2004 cap room for the Rams. The club will still have to carry $4.61 million in so-called "dead money," cap room devoted to a player no longer on the roster, against its spending limit for 2004. Warner's current cap number, however, is a whopping $9.467 million, an exorbitant amount for a player who was not going to win the starting job.

St. Louis will also have to absorb a cap hit of $6.723 million in 2005. Warner is under contract through the 2006 campaign.

The Rams also will likely select a quarterback in this weekend's draft.

Warner, 32, proved an incredible rags-to-riches tale. The one-time journeyman out of Northern Iowa emerged from stints in the Arena Football League and the NFL Europe League to lead St. Louis to a Super Bowl XXXIV victory in 1999. He captured league MVP honors that season and also in 2001.

But injuries caught up to Warner the past two seasons, his playing time was reduced and his productivity waned. He started only one game in 2003 and made two appearances.

His career includes 1,121 completions in 1,688 attempts, for 14,447 yards, with 102 touchdown passes and 65 interceptions.

Well, Bulger was decent last year, but had a lot of INTs. Good move seeing as Warner fucking sucked for the last 2 years. Oh well, he'll find a place somewhere....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2004, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

yea. Even though he has sucked the past2 years there will be somebody that will want him based on what he did for the 2 years previous. The prob with Warner isn't that he played worse. Teams just figured him out in a big way. He needs to change some of hios techneques if he wants to get back to where he was.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2004, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Warner is an intresting case. He could have been a one hit wonder like former Browns QB Brian Sipe or he could regain his groove like Rich Gannon did at a late age.

I see Warner going to NY Giants. They are not happy with Kerry Collins and they could acquire Rob Gallery with their pick, provided Cleveland or Jacksonville doesn't move up.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Isn't Warner too expensive for teams. Look how much the Rams are hit in the Cap by dumping him.

What Warner needs is a team that will run the ball more than throw it. And, he needs a very very good o-line.

I believe that he is a one hit wonder.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pondering

New-Star is on a distinguished road

I hope he doesnt go to the cowboys.
New-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

ESPN said maybe San Fran...Rattay Hasn't proved himself to be a real solid starter yet...Warner would do weel under a west coast system...only problem..no good receivers..And I don't know that much about their o-line..But Warner we'll get picked up..no doubt..
Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Athos is on a distinguished road

WAY DOES EVERYBODY SAY WARNER SUCK

He only played ONE GAME last season. He didn't get a chance at starting after the first game of the season. By the way first game of the season doesn't make a season. Brady played HORRIBLE the first game of the season. I still think he is indeed a good QB. 2002-2003 season he just had bad luck. I still think Warner is a good QB.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2004, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

It isn't all about 'one game' Athos. His record in the last 7 or 8 games he started, was like 0-7 or 0-8. He was having problems getting rid of the ball, he was making terrible decisions, he was fumbling, he was throwing INTs and overall he was a terrible QB the last 2 seasons.

I don't know what happened from in the time period between losing to the Pats in the super bowl, and the next season, but it wasn't good at all.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 11:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

yea. I think his last win was 2 years ago in the NFC Championship game against the Eagles. Scince then he has gone 0-8 or something like that. I can see him going to SF. Though he will never be anywhere near where he was 2 years ago ever again IMO.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 12:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

TWO Season ago he played 5 very very good teams. Tampa Bay, Denver, Giants, eagles, for the eagles game he shouldn't have played cause of injury. Redskin game he lost by pure bad luck. Denver was good at the the first part of that season. Giants were playoff team same with the Eagles, tampa bay. By the way Tampa Bay was that season champion. Redskins game Kurt threw for 300+ yards by the way.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 12:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

I still don't have any evidence that he became a bad qb. By the way Qbs do have bad years. Payton had a horrible season 3 years ago.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

300 hundred yards means nothing if the QB fumbles the ball, throws INTs and makes all kinds of terrible decisions, like Warner did in his last 8 starts, which he lost all of them.

If he was really still good, then he would have found ways to win at least some of the games against good teams. He didn't. He blew it. He hasn't done anything since losing to the Pats in the SB. He's washed up now, just accept it.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 07:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

So are you saying Stickzophrenic that Payton Manning is a washed up QB since he had a horrible season 3 years ago. Payton Manning threw like alot of INTs he couldn't win games three years ago. He lost like 7 games that year. What I am saying is give Kurt ANOTHER SEASON cause QB DO HAVE HORRIBLE SEASONS. THAT is just the nature of Football. Ya Payton Manning is so WASHED UP. Again when Warner was playing he played HARD Teams. Lets say Tom Brady has a bad season so Pats should just get rid of him since he had a Bad one Season. If the Colts again loses 7 games Colts should get rid of Manning??????
Old 21 Apr 2004, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Are you fucking retarded? Kurt Warner has sucked since they lost the super bowl to the Patriots. He's 0-8 in his last 8 starts. He threw 15 INTs in those games. How the fuck is one bad season for Peyton any comparison to Warner, when Peyton has come back from a bad season and had huge numbers? Keep in mind, the year Peyton had a bad year, Edgerrin James was out with injury and the defense fucking sucked. You make no sense whatsoever dude.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Peyton's bad season still had twenty plus TD passes. And maybe twenty INTs. Warners bad season had 3 TD passes and 11 INTs in eight games. Not mentioning the fumbles and sacks. And when you were a two-time MVP and have a SB ring, you should be able to beat at least two playoff teams out of four or five in the regular season.

Dude get off of what RVD is on and have some Starbucks.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote