ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

HS player wanting in NFL draft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Apr 2004, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default HS player wanting in NFL draft

Fred Rouse, Wide Receiver, Tallahassee Lincoln High
A top-flight high school junior ponders going straight to the pros

ďI think about it all the time. I really feel I can compete at Ďthatí level. I have the size (6í3, 200 pounds) and speed (4.4 40) to match up, and as a wide receiver, I donít have to be as physical as the other guys.

When itís time to make the decision, Iíll go to my mom. Sheís the best advisor Iíve got right now. I know if I ask her, sheíll give me her opinion, then leave it up to me because Iím 18 and I can be responsible for myself. But Iím telling you, itís not all about the money. I grew up without money.

I really donít think there would be much downside to trying college, but the main thing is, I like challenges. People say going pro straight out of high school canít be done, so Iíd like to prove it can (be done). Right now, Iíd say Iím 50-50 about whether I go. If someone said Iíd be a fifth round pick, would that be enough to come out? I think so. But to tell you the truth, I think if I came out now, this year, Iíd go in the first three rounds.

A lot of people talk to me about being the first one to make the jump. My friends, my peers at schoolÖ everybodyís telling me I should do it. That makes me want to. Like I said, I think about making the jump everyday, man.Ē- ESPN, the Mag'
Old 18 Apr 2004, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

What a joke. No team is going to be willing to draft an 18 year old, at least I would think so.

I don't understand why these kids think they can just move right into the pros.

But I hope he does, just so I can see him get man handled when he gets there.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2004, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I don't even think of a good reason why a HS player would want to go strait to the pros. I mean, in HS your about 250 lbs max. The guys in the nfl are about 340. (Depending on the position). Why take the risk of ending your carrer on a stupid dream.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

No,No No,...I belive that Is Doak Cambell Stadium I see in that Second Pic..Let...Him Come to my Noles for a couple of years...then let him go to the NFL..
Old 22 Apr 2004, 10:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

NO CHANCE IN HELL. No team will ever draft a high school player. Hell, they don't even want Mike Williams or Maurice Clarett in the draft. They brought up this type of scenario on the ESPN Draft Special on I think, Wednesday, and the coaches and GM's said, in so many word, "No chanc ein hell."

The age limit is something that the players union and the league are totally in agreement on.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2004, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I can understand about you saying they didn't want Clarett, but Williams? He was projected asa top 10-15 pick. I think teams DID want him.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote