ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Let's tour the new chargers stadium

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2004, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Cool Let's tour the new chargers stadium

So who says the Chargers want to move? Truth is, they're willing to get rid of the ticket clause, relieve the city of almost 10 million a year, and pay for their own stadium, all in sunny San Diego. Well, the fucking Padres got a brand new shiny stadium, so why are they giving the chargers such a hard time? I'll tell you why, because the city councle is a goddamn bunch of fucking suckass bitch douchbags is why. But the Chargers are taking it to the people, and the people are rallying behind them. But whatever, the stadium will be there, soon enough.

Till then, lets look at some of the plans.

Look at that beautifull open ended design, allowing the calm, clear san diego ocean breeze to flow through the stadium and keep everybody happy. Ah, so nice.

The new stadium is built over the existing one. Except they plan to develop the whole area, creating one of those family, villiage type atmospheres they've done with other recent stadium projects, including the padres brand new field.

See how happy the charger fans are. High class tailgate parties. No bbq pits in the back of some friged frozen filthy ford. And everything is linked up to a huge transit system. no more waiting an hour just to leave the parking lot.

The chargers care about the environment.

So you can see how active the Chargers are about staying in San Diego.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2004, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

It looks a lot like Cleveland Browns Stadium. Hopefully San Diego keeps the Chargers, LA doesn't deserve football.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 02:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default yo

i got a simple question, i dont like football, so i dont know shit about it, but how come la doesnt have a football team? isnt it the second largest market in the U.S.?

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2004, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

They used to have TWO teams, but BOTH of them left, in part due to poor fanbases and lack of stadium support. Los Angeles is a terrible sports town. They don't support anybody but the Lakers (we'll see if that continues when they start to suck) and even then, they only go to see people like Denzel and Jack.
Most fans there come late and leave early.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2004, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Damn A.G. is going all out on this one.

I'll see If my uncle has talked to him about it at all...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2004, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return OfSP
i got a simple question, i dont like football, so i dont know shit about it, but how come la doesnt have a football team? isnt it the second largest market in the U.S.?
wow.....an actual question from SP.....wow......

as Jaden said, the fan base is terrible.....they arrive late, leave early and generally act as though they could care less that they are there.....

the Rams left, the Raiders left.....they do have two NBA teams that are both very profitable though.....and they have a profitable franchise in the Dodgers.....so obviously the fans support the teams monetarily.....

one of the biggest problems with them not having an NFL team is the Colliseum.....horrible conditions from what I have read.....so there would have to be a new stadium built before an NFL team would be willing to relocate there.....location, parking.....they are all a problem.....

the Rams were never well supported.....and the Raiders are simply the worst franchise in any of the major sports to be involved with when it comes to how they treat those that support them (meaning the city and the league)......

so, to answer your question.....

A......none of the NFL teams necessarily want to relocate right now.....
B.....it would take in the neighborhood of (I'm guessing, but this is an educated guess) 750 million dollars to build a new stadium and relocate a team.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2004, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

Oeo summed it all up nicely. I heard the fee would total over a billion though. Bob McNair paid around that much for the Texans, which is why the NFL and it's owners would PREFER expansion to re-location. It's money in their pockets.

I think that tags and the league are finally starting to look at this situation rationally. If L.A. really wants a team, then they need to prove it with a strong fanbase and whatnot.

I don't think they will simply stick a team there just for the sake of having a team in L.A., especially a relocated one. Moving to L.A. is just a bargining chip by owners that nobody is really biting on anymore.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote