ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Bonds 'splashes' into the company of his godfather....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2004, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Bonds 'splashes' into the company of his godfather....

In true Bonds fashion, he blasted a homer which splashed down into McCovey Cove, to give him 660 homeruns, tied with his godfather Willie Mays.

Say what you will about Bonds, but he is one of the greatest to ever play this game. Steroids or no steroids, he has the best eye and quickest bat swing in the game. I hope to see him eventually catch second and take over first from Aaron.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2004, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Barry Bonds is cool.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2004, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
Barry Bonds is cool.
I can't believe you didn't say more about this than that
Old 12 Apr 2004, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

I'm glad it's over. Stop cutting into ESPM programming for EVERY FUCKIN PITCH. Who cares? Wake me when he gets close to Ruth and Aaron. Until then, I dont care. I can only imagine this force feeding will continue until he hits the one that puts him in front of Mays now. Oh, goody.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2004, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

It was funny how the guys from PTI were saying espn are over hyping this, then like 1min later they cut to Barry Bonds up to bat. But just like what the PTI guys said, it is over hyped. Its not like he's number one now. He's only 3. And he's still 90 HRs away from the real record.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
I'm glad it's over. Stop cutting into ESPM programming for EVERY FUCKIN PITCH. Who cares? Wake me when he gets close to Ruth and Aaron. Until then, I dont care. I can only imagine this force feeding will continue until he hits the one that puts him in front of Mays now. Oh, goody.
Amen. Get me when he passes Hank and The Babe (no disrespect to the greatest OF of all time, Mays)
Old 12 Apr 2004, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I Can't Wait Until He Passes Babe Ruth...Everyone Bitches About Bonds And Steroids. But This Guy Was Scum...When Bonds Passes Babe, I'll Be Happy If He Decides To Stay Behind Hank And If He Decides To Go For It All, More Power To Him

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2004, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game
I Can't Wait Until He Passes Babe Ruth...Everyone Bitches About Bonds And Steroids. But This Guy Was Scum...When Bonds Passes Babe, I'll Be Happy If He Decides To Stay Behind Hank And If He Decides To Go For It All, More Power To Him
I too would be happy to see that happen because at one point in history people thought the record would never be surpassed or even contested.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Yea That's True Norm...What Were Your Feelings On McGwire And Sosa Battlin' For 61?

It Seemed Like Such A Fuckin' Media Farce...McGwire Broke It, Retired, Was Never Investigated For The Performance Enhancin' Drugs

Sosa's Bat Breaks, They Find The Cork...Now His Whole Career Is Called Into Question, Same With Bonds...They Investigate Lookin' For Shit To Get Him With...

It Just Seems So Blatant, I Don't Know...This Comin' From Someone Who Is Very Pestimistic So, But I Mean There Isn't Alot Goin' For Baseball Unless You Live In Bean-Town Or New York, Why The MLB Is Lettin' Bonds Get Defamed Boggles My Mind...

A Man Who Gos Out And Does His Shit, Entertains The Crowd..Has ESPN Take Fuckin' Breaks For His At-Bats...This Is A GOOD Thing For Baseball, I'm Sure They Want More Of It... I Don't Understand Why Fans Of Baseball Would Go After Him...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2004, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

I agree with you Slash. They hailed McGwire as the guy who saved baseball after the lockout and shit, and brought back a lot of the fan base with his chase of 62. MLB loved it, but now Bonds is shattering all the records, and they don't seem to care that people are grillin him and verbally trashin him.

All the people that wanna crucify him about bein on roids, fail to realize that his bat swing, has always been one of the quickest. His eye is the best right now in the league, and has been for a while. Steroids aren't gonna help him pick his pitches, and get walks because his eye is so good and he knows when to layoff of a pitch. Bonds simply put, is the greatest baseball player of this generation. He's already a top 5 all time and when all is said and done, he might be THE greatest of all time.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game
Yea That's True Norm...What Were Your Feelings On McGwire And Sosa Battlin' For 61?

It Seemed Like Such A Fuckin' Media Farce...McGwire Broke It, Retired, Was Never Investigated For The Performance Enhancin' Drugs

Sosa's Bat Breaks, They Find The Cork...Now His Whole Career Is Called Into Question, Same With Bonds...They Investigate Lookin' For Shit To Get Him With...

It Just Seems So Blatant, I Don't Know...This Comin' From Someone Who Is Very Pestimistic So, But I Mean There Isn't Alot Goin' For Baseball Unless You Live In Bean-Town Or New York, Why The MLB Is Lettin' Bonds Get Defamed Boggles My Mind...

A Man Who Gos Out And Does His Shit, Entertains The Crowd..Has ESPN Take Fuckin' Breaks For His At-Bats...This Is A GOOD Thing For Baseball, I'm Sure They Want More Of It... I Don't Understand Why Fans Of Baseball Would Go After Him...
That was a good post right there.

My feelings was at the time it was good for baseball to get some positive press. They were coming off the depressing 1994 strike and really pissed off long time fans.

As for McGwire not being questioned as much as Sosa or Bonds. My guess is because while McGwire had a rep for being a power hitter and had reletivley high numbers throughout his career, Bonds or Sosa more or less burst on the HR scene. At one point Bonds was a bigger threat as a base runner than a power hitter.

You are dead on about your comments about "not a whole lot for you to look forward to unless you live in NY/Boston". Cities like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Detroit who at one time were considered baseball capitals, a lot of the people in the area don't give 2 shits now and Bonds used to play in Pittsburgh, they do not look favorably upon him.

And about the TV breaks on baseball, I look at it as a double edge sword. Yes it does help get his name out and what he will accomplish out to people who normally wouldn't care in the first place and the baseball fans who want to see history, on the other hands some people view it as a player who doesn't have the greatest rep to begin with being shoved down the publics throat when he hasn't gotten the records that most people care about and they are 714 and 755.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Barry Bonds is the fucking man, and here's why.

Bonds holds his family close. He always has the presure of living in his godfathers shadow and he's finally lived up to that legacy. His son was there playing bat boy when he was crushing the home run record. He keeps everyone else out of the spotlight.

Bonds could have gone to any team in the league when his contract was up, and he decided to finish his career in SF and play for the team that his heart was in. In a day where it seems every sports player will hop on any team for more money and sell themselves to whoever will pay, Bonds stood up and did what he felt was right.

Slash mentioned boston and NY, I think Atlanta is another one, but Bonds picked up the Giants and made them the most popular team in the country. SBC park sells out more games and has higher attendence over the last 5 years than any other park in the sport. Why? Because Barry Bonds plays for the giants and the city loves him.

Bonds isn't a media whore like McGuire was. After every hr, Mark had like a 3 hour press conference. Bonds shows up, plays his game, and goes home. He doesn't need to sit there and pander to the press, and because of it, the press likes to give him a bad rap. But they still have to show him at every opportunity because they know what they're witnessing.

Bonds breaking into #3 all time is a huge deal. That list hasn't changed for some 30 years. These were records that were once thought unbreakable. Well, not any more. This is a milestone in the sport of baseball. It deserves and is worth every ounce of coverage it gets. When Bonds gets ready to break Hanks record, they better show every single at bat he has on every single channel there is because it is that important. Barry is doing it faster than anyone else in history. 19 seasons. Hank had 23. Barry will be all time leader in his 20th season.

In the patheon of great modern era sports legends, there will be names you will be telling your grandkids about. Names like Jordon, Gretzky, and Barry Bonds. Barry allready is the greatest batter of all time. And yes, he is also the greatest baseball player of all time. He has the highest on base percentage of all time. He holds the record for walks in a season, and all time. Nobody is as feared a threat as bonds is. Teams have to bring in pitchers just to try and get him out and that is there only job. Every team fears him when he comes to the plate. He has had the biggest impact on the game of anybody in the last 25 years. His stats have continually improved since his rookie season. He picked up more hr's as he went along and developed his skills. He is the smartest player in the game. He knows every pitcher, every pitch they have, and when they're going to use them.

Barry Bonds is a 6 freaking time NL MVP. That's not by accident. And he does it in the field winning 8 golden gloves. He was also named the player of the 90's by the sporting news. He's a member of the elite 40/40 club, but he's also in the even more elite 500/500 club.

Barry Bonds is a living legend. A true living legend. Not just some moniker they gave him in a creative meeting, and everyone should consider themselves blessed that they have the opportunity to witness such an amazing ball player in their lifetime.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 13 Apr 2004, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I'll go against everyone here. I hate Bonds, and always will. If he juiced his records should mean nothing. Same with anybody that juiced. If Rose is hailed as Satan for gambling, then steriod abusers should be looked at the same way. Gambling doesn't alter your records.

The Babe didn't juice, neither did Aaron, Mays, and almost all the other great hitters didn't juice. Bonds has that steriod thing going against him, like McGuire and Conseco. They were thin guys then they become big and hit more HRs then they did before. Barry may have a nice swing and be a good hitter, but his HRs over the last four or five years should mean little. The guy juiced to get them and the HR record in a season should be Sosa's 68 or Maris's 61. And it is a shame that Bonds will pass the Babe and Aaron for the HR record.

When he does pass them, it will okay with me. His HRs mean nothing because of his juicing. And either Sosa and/or A-Rod will get Bonds's HR record. A-Rod is no juicer. And I hope Sosa isn't one either. And, Sosa and A-Rod aren't assholes like Bonds is.

Bottom line: Bonds is a great player. His hits, other than HRs, are great. His HRs are worthless. And, his reputation is that of an asshole. It is a shame that he will pass Mays, Ruth, and Aaron.

Someone here had to step up and post something on Bonds, other than that he is "great, great, great".

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2004, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

How do you know he juices? Have you been there when he does it? You make it seem like every single one of his homers are towering bombs. A lot of his are lasers that get out of the park in a hurry. That does come from power, but moreso it comes from bat speed, which he has always had. LIke Exo, he knows every pitcher and their pitchers and he waits for the pitch that he knows he can drive out of the park. His supposed 'juicing' doesn't make him feared, it's his eye and that is something that steroid won't help at all.

I agree with every single word Exo said, you're dead fuckin on man
Old 13 Apr 2004, 04:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

^well, I did have a little motivation to go off on his greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
I can't believe you didn't say more about this than that
Barry Bonds is still coooooooool.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!