ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

To much pressure on New York?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default To much pressure on New York?

So the Yankees lose their first game of the season against Tampa Bay. Did anyone actually watch this game?
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

There is pressure on them every year. They steal all the players they want (which is unfair, a slary cap needs to be implemented), so they should win the World Series. I was LMAO when the Marlins defeated the Yankees in six games, and did it right in Yankee Stadium. Priceless!

Fuck the Yankees and George Steinbrenner.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

^^
hey, fuck you. Saying "Fuck the Yankees" is like saying "Fuck Mickey Mantle" or "Fuck Babe Ruth, fuck lou gerhig, fuck thurman munson, and fuck yogi berra". If your team (most likely the Red Sox or some other hopeless team ) had that kind of money, I bet my nuts that they would do the exact same thing Steinbrenner does. And you know what, there've been many upsets in sports history, last year was one of them. What about when the Yankees beat Atlanta in '96? I'm sure you weren't laughing then.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

and to respond to the original thread, yeah, I watched....they seemed tired, the 18 or however loing it was flight was fatuguing, and I guess they showed it more in their play with the devil rays....but yeah, they always have a crappy pre-season and a sloppy beginning...but they won today's game 12-1, like they should do....
Old 31 Mar 2004, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

Haha. The Red Sox? The only thing I wish them to do is win a World Series, so I can hear the end of this "curse" shit.

As for the Yanks, back before that piece of shit Steinbrenner got his hands on the Yanks, I would have loved them. Before that asshole bought them the stars of the Yanks wanted to play there. Not now, where they are just greedy motherfuckers and Steinbrenner does nothing to erase that image of the Yanks.

They used to be able to deveople their own stars, now they just steal players from another team. And because of this, they don't earn a damn thing anymore. That is why I say fuck the Yankees and fuck George Steinbrener.

And that World Series in '96, that wasn't an upset, because Atlanta chokes all the time, and The Yanks had that thief and his checkbook behind them.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

UT...you have to give them credit. You have to look at the fan base they built. Did you think all this money came out of nowhere? I know Steinbrenner has to be giving some of his money up too. But still... So your mad at them for having a huge fan base, and selling tons of tickets? Every team should act like the Yankees. They show they actually care unlike 80% of all pro teams.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Well the Yankee's bought the All-Star team this year, so pressure is something that they should expect to have, they really have no excuss for ever not being the World Champions. They do have the highest pay roll in baseball and have had the highest payroll in baseball, since I can remember.

I think that this year Giambi is going to be destructive. I don't know why but he was so not important last year that this is most likly gonna be a giant year for him.

On another note the sox look great and I look forward to all the fun that comes along with being a real fan unlike New York who if they ever weren't on top would never have the fan base they have, there is no team that has a more faithful and powerful fan base then Red Sox Nation......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2004, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

The Yanks have many fans that are just bandwagoners. But, the adults who are Yanks' fans became Yanks fans before Georgey put his hands on them, when they were the team that made their own stars.

As for the money spent on them, it isn't fair. Most teams, except for a few, cannot compete with Steinbrenner's checkbook. This is where baseball can make a stand. Cut out the Union and put a salary cap. When the players go on strike, just bring up players that aren't part of the Union. The players that give up those ridiculus sums of money to play they game they love, will be the real heros.

It will never happen, but unless baseball fixes this problem, they will continue to play second-fiddle to the NFL.

Late.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

^^^This is very true, and besides the Red Sox I can't think of to many teams that can compete when it comes to the check book in baseball with the Yankees. Baseball is still recovering from the strike, think of what would happen if they put a salery cap on baseball and the millionair players couldn't make as much money as they demanded. That would be pretty fun to see. But NFL is starting to make me mad as the Fun has been completly sucked out of it.....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2004, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
The Yanks have many fans that are just bandwagoners. But, the adults who are Yanks' fans became Yanks fans before Georgey put his hands on them, when they were the team that made their own stars.

As for the money spent on them, it isn't fair. Most teams, except for a few, cannot compete with Steinbrenner's checkbook. This is where baseball can make a stand. Cut out the Union and put a salary cap. When the players go on strike, just bring up players that aren't part of the Union. The players that give up those ridiculus sums of money to play they game they love, will be the real heros.

It will never happen, but unless baseball fixes this problem, they will continue to play second-fiddle to the NFL.
You can't be serious? You actually think there will be fans left if there was a strike? And who really cares about bandwagon fans. There's probably more bandwangon fans in any sport then true die hard fans. Sure they fucking retarded and I have absolutly no respect for them, but if they can give a team money then its all good for them, right? And how can you blame the Yankees for the league being to watered down. Blame MLB. There the one's giving every big city in the U.S a team. The NFL is the only league in North America that could give every city a team and there would still be sellouts in every city. So if anything this could help. Fuck the small market teams. I hope they contract. NHL should do some contracting too. Because any pro league is so watered down, its sad.
Old 01 Apr 2004, 06:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

^^
I Agree 100% with you, Reb. One of the main reasons the Yankees are so successful and have so much money is because they're in New York City, the biggest city in the nation. And I say about 50% of true NYC baseball fans are Yankees fans, considering the Mets are in town and that alot of other's don't even care about baseball. They have a large fan base, as Rebel has said repeadetly, and that is the reason they have so much money, which is the reason George has so much money, which is the reason he can buy or trade for whoever the fuck he wants. and THAT's the reason that the Yankees are loaded, and that's the reason they have so much pressure.

Phew, **wipes brow** that was a long one.